Feedback for Version 11

Guest Guest_Loz_*

Guest Guest_Loz_*

I've recently started playing my way through version 11 of scsii and thought i'd give feedback and bug reports. I've just gotten to chapter 4, I'll post more as I get further through the game though I may play slowly depending how much time I get.

Bugs: - These may not all be from scsii but I have a very minimal installation so there is a good chance they are.

- The shadow thief mage in the starting dungeon stood there and did nothing while the vampire killed her.

- Meronia was still at the harper hold on the return.

- Mae-var's allies did not go hostile at the end of dialogue with him, I had to aggro them myself to feel it was a 'fair' fight.

- Gaal was not moved as usual to his position after the unseeing eye was killed, thus he was split from his group.

- Morul and Nara, the apprentices in the planar sphere stronghold quest did not move to the golem creation room for their studies as usual, though Larz did. Morul fails to do this again when he returns to make potions later on.

- Haer-Dalis attacted me when he was a blue circle helping defend against the planar creatures that come through the portal.

- Some summoned monsters (both types of genie so far) target the party with spells, and occasionally attacks even though they are allied. I really like these monsters having their own ai so I don't have to babysit them, but they just need to stop targeting via 'player1' etc when they are allied.

- The fixed mirror image seems a little glitchy. Doesn't seem to block single target spells very often.

Bugs aside I am enjoying this run through immensely, here are some of the specific things i'd like to comment on.

Mages - Mages are next to perfect now. First I'd like to say the amount of lag you recieve on creation is so much less that it is no longer the annoyance it once was. This was the biggest problem in scsii before so well done! The prebuffing is also now well under control, they prebuff with a far more reasonable amount of spells. They also seem to have a much greater variety of spells they use, other than being able to tell about what level they are each mage really feels different. In my opinion mages are now tougher than ever as their attack patterns are much more unpredictable, but at the same time they feel more realistic. I'd also like to give a special mention to the demon summoning based on alignment - very cool. I faced Lavok who gated in balors and glabrezu, then I faced Tolgerias who gated pit fiends and corugons. Really gives a distinct difference in 'feel' to those law abiding mages and the more chaotic ones.

There are two things suggestions I would like to make on that demon summoning though. First I feel Gate is slightly undervalued. In my opinion this should pretty much always be cast after time stop as the creature it summons is comparable in power to the mage himself. Sometimes in my game Lavok or Tolgerias would instead start debuffing the part during the timestop. The battles were much easier when they did this. Perhaps in a large party portection removal and malison would be a higher priority, but when alone or with few allies then Gate is a must. Interestingly when Lavok did not get a clone in his initial contingency he always cast gate after timestop, but when he did, he often didn't. The second thing i'd like to suggest is that since the enemy can happily have large demon hordes working for him, perhaps demons of the same type could be scripted not to attack eachother. Peronally I feel the party should be able to summon several Glabrezu to help with a fight and not worry about them killing eachother.

Chapter 3 - Is the battle in Bodhi's compund too easy? Many players, myself included, complete all the quests in chapter 2 that don't involve liches and such. This gets you to around level 14+. The pitiful amount of vampires in her lair (most destroyable by turning) just isn't a challenge. Not to mention that undead are at an inherent disadvantage anyway with all the ways their are to counter them, azureedge + mace of disruption anyone?. Should Chapter 3 be harder if you're a higher level? I haven't seen what the chapter 6 compound is going to look like but i'm not predicting much challenge there either. I'd like to see massive hordes of vampires(including some mages and maybe even other classes) supported by other creatures that are unturnable. Perhaps constructs like those grimwarders or some kind of dominated thralls. Furthermore i'd like to see the vampires being more intelligent about the way they engage. Wait in bat form behind the enemy then transform for an ambush, don't just wait to all get turned. The vampires in SoA were supposed to be one of the major antagonists but they just aren't stacking up right now. Other options include nerfing the undead destruction items, or making them more difficult to get. Liches also suffer from the large amount of undead counters in the game, though they have more breathing room. Don't get me wrong, I think there should be undead counters in the game, being undead has always been intended to give weaknesses as well as strengths. I just think there may be too many. I haven't even bought any protection from undead scrolls...

Anyway, as I said earlier I am having great fun on this run so thanks again for this amazing mod. I will update this thread with any more bugs I find as I progress through the game.

Thanks for this - very helpful. And I'm glad you're enjoying your run.

It would help me chase the bugs if you posted your WEIDU.log file.

On a couple of the specific points:

- working out how to balance debuffing with summoning or attacks is a perennial issue with SCSII. The problem is, in truth it's sensitively dependent on both the mage's party and the player's tactics, but it's not really viable to have a script that adapts for these - so I end up making an intelligent guess, and it's not always right. I'll check where Gate is in the priority list, though - perhaps it should move up a bit.

- When you say "make glabrezus not attack each other", I take it you mean PC-summoned ones? If so, I'll think about it but it's unlikely to be a high priority as it's not really in SCS's remit.

- I've found coming up with genuinely challenging vampire AI fairly difficult. I'll think about your suggestions.

Guest Guest_Loz_*

I'm in chapter 6 now and i've got more bugs and feedback to report.

Bugs:

- If one of your mage allies in the spellhold fight summons a demon, they all go hostile.

- Najiler Skaj(sp?) just stood there and did nothing after buffing in my spellhold fight.

- There are alot of teleport fields in the fight at spellhold and several times people got teleported outside the room, unable to get back in.

- Vithal quest in the underdark was incredibly annoying. He kept going invisible requiring me to rest a full day to be able to initiate dialogue with him again. I think I must have rested a week for this quest alone.

- Simyaz's githyanki allies did not go hostile when he said his piece after escaping the mind flayer dungeon.

- The mage in the slime worshipers quest in the underdark was blue and did not talk or go hostile. The rest of them were all hostile.

- One of the priests in this group used a detect magic to detect my thief but seemed to use the wrong string, rather than something like 'I hear you thief' she said 'I wish time itself would become my ally', which i think is for the wish spell.

- All the high elves in the underdark exit do not help you in the fight against the drow, they just tell you to see Elhan and exit the area immediately.

- Liches seem to be immune to breach, despite the fact that I installed the component to make them vulnerable to it. I seem to remember the rakshasas i've faced so far being breachable and it is being reflected by spell turning etc so this is rather odd.

The fight against irenicus in spellhold was awesomely fun. I was a bit surprised that Dradeel and Aphril had been raised in level so as to have chain contingencies, sort of made Wanev a little less special, especially since he seems to have lost his time stop. Otherwise though, this fight is one of the most enjoyable i've played in the series. It was a testament to irenicus' script that he manages to pose a threat against all those high level mages as well as the party. Perhaps there could be an option on install to not let the party get their equipment back before this fight? That would be an interesting twist.

The elder orb beholder that you face immediately on entering the beholder lair was a tough fight. I had to change strategy several times in order to beat him. Good work! I also liked Qilue's house with all the mid level drow mages. The liches though were more of a chore than anything. I had to just wait them out since there was no breach.

Here is my Weidu log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v8

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations: v8

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #102 // Cromwell's Forging Actually Takes a Day: v8

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes: v8

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings, Dwarves, and Gnomes: v8

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes: v8

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #112 // Wizard Slayers Cause Miscast Magic on Ranged Attacks: v8

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ascension v1.41 (requires ToB)

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #1 // Tougher Abazigal (optional, requires ToB)

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #2 // Original Tougher Demogorgon (optional, requires ToB)

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #3 // Tougher Gromnir (optional, requires ToB)

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #4 // Tougher Illasera (optional, requires ToB)

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #5 // Tougher Yaga-Shura (optional, requires ToB)

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Kalah and What He Was Promised: v18

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #5 // The Pai'Na/Spider's Bane Quest: v18

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Item Restorations: v18

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #15 // NPC Portrait Restorations: v18

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Corrected BAMs and Scripts: v18

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Corrected Character Names and Biographies: v18

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Restored Minor Dialogs: v18

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #20 // Extended ToB Item Descriptions: v18

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Throne of Bhaal Minor Restorations: v18

~SETUP-LUIZMODS.TP2~ #0 #1 // TWEAK: Beautified Robe of Vecna -> Chaste

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Detectable spells (required for most other components): v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #1010 // Allow enemy AI to detect the party's magic items: v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Bugfix: Fix the Mirror Image spell so it doesn't block area-effect magic: v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #1030 // Bugfix: Fix the Dispel Magic spell so it correctly allows for caster's level: v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2000 // Allow Spellstrike to take down a Protection from Magic scroll: v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2010 // More consistent Breach spell (always affects liches and rakshasas; doesn't penetrate Spell Turning): v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2020 // Antimagic attacks penetrate improved invisibility -> Only Spell Thrust, Secret Word and Ruby Ray get areas of effect (default option): v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2030 // Iron Skins behaves like Stoneskin (can be brought down by Breach): v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2041 // Modify the Harm spell so it does damage rather than reducing target to 1 hp -> Enemy and player Harm spells both do 150 hp of damage: v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2050 // Make individual versions of Spell Immunity available, so that players can use them in Contingencies etc.: v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2060 // Revert Greater Restoration back to only affecting one creature: v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2070 // Blade Barrier and Globe of Blades only affect hostile creatures: v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2080 // Cap damage done by Skull Trap at 12d6: v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Make Power-Word: Blind single-target: v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2110 // Reduce the power of Inquisitors' Dispel Magic -> Inquisitors dispel at 1.5 x their level (not twice their level): v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2120 // Slightly weaken insect plague spells, and let fire shields block them: v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Slightly increase the power of Mantle, Improved Mantle, and Absolute Immunity: v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3020 // Move Vhailor's Helm into Throne of Bhaal: v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Move the Cloak of Mirroring: v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Move the Robe of Vecna into Throne of Bhaal: v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove Arrows of Dispelling from stores: v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Increase the price asked by Gaylan Baele -> Gaylan wants 40,000 gold pieces: v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4030 // Retrieve Dropped Items from Hell: v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #5010 // Remove animation from the Cloak of Mirroring (leave it for other spells and effects that use the same graphic): v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #5020 // Move Boo into Minsc's pack: v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #5030 // Remove the blur graphic effect from the Displacer Cloak: v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6020 // Potions for NPCs -> All of the potions dropped by slain enemies are recoverable: v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6051 // Improved fiends -> Fiends cast spells like normal wizards: v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6061 // Smarter genies -> Genies cast spells like normal wizards: v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6081 // Smarter celestials -> Celestials cast spells like normal wizards: v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6090 // Give dragons more staying power by increasing their hit points: v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6101 // Smarter dragons -> Dragons cast spells like normal wizards: v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6108 // Enemy mages (and Elder Orbs) use Simulacrum and Project Image spells (this component will have no effect unless you install Smarter Mages or Smarter Beholders): v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6111 // Smarter beholders -> Don't give beholder rays any chance of burning through spell protections: v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6120 // Smarter mind flayers -> Illithids have only original-game resistances; Illithids cannot see invisible enemies (matches original game): v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6130 // Improved Vampires: v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6135 // Smarter githyanki: v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6136 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to ToB mages -> Only selected ToB mages get HLAs: v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6138 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to SoA mages -> Only selected SoA mages get HLAs: v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6150 // Smarter Mages -> Mages cast some short-duration spells instantly at start of combat, to simulate pre-battle casting: v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6180 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to ToB priests -> Only selected ToB priests get HLAs: v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6200 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to SoA priests -> Only selected SoA priests get HLAs: v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6160 // Smarter Priests -> Priests cast some short-duration spells instantly at start of combat, to simulate pre-battle casting: v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6210 // Smarter Illasera: v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6220 // Smarter Yaga-Shura: v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6230 // Smarter Abazigal: v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6240 // Smarter Gromnir: v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6250 // Smarter Melissan: v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6260 // Give Ascension demons SCSII scripts and abilities: v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6270 // Give Ascension versions of Irenicus and Sendai SCSII scripts and abilities: v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7000 // Improved Shade Lord: v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7010 // Spellcasting Demiliches: v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7040 // Improved Random Encounters: v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7060 // Slightly improved Faldorn: v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7070 // Improved Bodhi (Tactics Remix) -> "Toned-down" version of the original Tactics Improved Bodhi, with SCSII scripting: v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7075 // Party's items are taken from them in Spellhold: v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7078 // Improved battle with Irenicus in Spellhold: v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7110 // Slightly Improved Drow -> Upgrade Ust Natha's defences: v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7126 // Improved Irenicus in Hell (Tactics remix) -> Tactics-SCSII hybrid: v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7130 // Improved Fire Giant temple: v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7140 // Enhanced Sendai's Enclave: v11

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7160 // Improved Minor Encounters: v11

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #20 // Change Imoen's Avatar to Mage: v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #90 // Disable Portrait Icons Added by Equipped Items: v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections: v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1170 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash): v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // True Grandmastery (Baldurdash): v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4031 // Consistent Stats: Edwin -> Use BG2 Values: v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4041 // Consistent Stats: Jaheira -> Use BG2 Values: v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4050 // Change Jaheira to Neutral Good: v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4061 // Consistent Stats: Minsc -> Use BG2 Values: v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4071 // Consistent Stats: Viconia -> Use BG2 Values: v7

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Change Carsomyr so that its Dispel on contact power grants a saving throw: v11

Guest Guest_Loz_*

Hey, me again. DW could you tell me the changes i need to make in near infinity to have breach affect liches. I just can't beat kangaxx without breach. Thanks.

Guest Guest_Loz_*

Oh and heres some feedback on the rest of chapter 6.

- Shangalar seems to still be missing detect invis so he sometimes gets stuck trying to target someone he can't.

- Triple skull trap sequencers seem to kill the mage himself even if he has globe of invulnerability on.

- Unfortunately both dragons died extremely fast. The shadow dragon was vorpal hit on the first strike and firkraag was finger of death'd. In my opinion the SoA dragons should get the same immuntities as the ToB ones. Right now it doesn't matter how much health they have as they get one shotted. I know you don't like to edit creatures themselves too much but i think an exception could be made here.

- Bodhi's enclave was of moderate difficulty. Most of the undead here could either be destroyed by turning or azureedge/MoD.

- Similarly all the liches that weren't immune to azureedge died in one hit between pro. magic weapons casts. I did not even have breach for these guys so i shudder to think what would happen with it. The twisted rune got me the first go and i was expecting it to be a tough fight i'd have to work out, sadly shanglalar got killed after his first time stop the second time and i won easily. Again I know you don't like changing creatures but in my opinion as long as the top tier undead are vulnerable to being killed in one hit they will be easy. Maybe those items should only affect undead under level 15 or something? Or perhaps just the named liches could be made immune. Kangaxx even in his lich form poses a great threat and that is mainly because he is immune to instant kill effects, though i suppose the breach immunity is helping too. I suppose there is always the option of controlling myself and not using those items :blush:.

Hey, me again. DW could you tell me the changes i need to make in near infinity to have breach affect liches. I just can't beat kangaxx without breach. Thanks.

I don't know, because I can't reproduce it: Breach works fine on liches on my install, once their protective spells are dispelled. Are you sure it doesn't affect them, and it's not just that they're protected by Spell Deflection/Spell Immunity:Abj/something similar?

Guest Guest_Loz_*

Yes i'm positive, I even reinstalled this component to be sure. What exactly are the changes you made to have it pass liches immuity? Did you increase its effective level to 6 or something? I could check the spell in near infinity.

Yes i'm positive, I even reinstalled this component to be sure. What exactly are the changes you made to have it pass liches immuity? Did you increase its effective level to 6 or something? I could check the spell in near infinity.

It's still L5, but lich.itm is altered to allow L5 spells to affect liches (other L5 spells are blocked spell-by-spell)

Guest Guest_Loz_*

I finally managed to beat kangaxx without breach. I had to lure out his spellstrikes and then use a protection from magic scroll :blush:. His demi lich form didn't seem to suffer from one shotting by the MoD which i liked. Was that intended is it my game playing up? Quite a pain to beat a lich with no breach, well at least the rest i can deal with with my trusty azureedge. I checked the item file in near infinity and it was exactly as you said so i am as mystified as you why they can't be breached in my game. Also i can verify rakshasas are affected as usual.

Chapter 7 was bug free as far as i could tell. I tried the tactics/scsii hybrid irenicus fight in hell, but after beating the first fight I decided it wasn't much to my tastes and uninstalled it. Well, that and i realised i had no chance to win the second fight without a rest... no buffs+horrid wilting contingency at start = ouch. Anyway the final fight was still quite a challenge and took me a lot of reloads to do. Very satisfying once i won, really felt like a fight worthy of ending this epic game. Excellent work.

My final thoughts on the SoA portion of the game were that dragons and liches generally fell too easily to instant kill effects. I suppose its tough to decide whether this should be changed or not, but it does rather diminish the epic feeling of fighting these dangerous oponents. The rest of SoA was a pleasure to play, as i noted earlier the new mage scripts were a particular highlight for me.

If and when I get around to playing through ToB with this character i'll try and post some feedback on that too. I don't think i've tried the new sendai enclave and fire giant temple before.

P.S. There was a bug whereby i couldn't directly uninstall the hell irenicus fight as it skipped that component automatically for some reason. I re-installed something earlier in the install order and then it was ok, it asked me what i wanted to do with that component as usual.

With SCS II, I thinnk you must also play a bit fair and wait one or two second before attacking spell caster. (the time buffs engage) Maybe you will find liches (and some mages) more difficult in you wait one or two second before attack them.

Have you not encounter problem with dragons ? Personally, it's impossible in my game to remove a minor spell turning from dragons. (at least for Firgraak and Adalon). And I am not wrong, this bug appears to many players.

ps: I also don't like mage using horrid wilting in contengencies :D

If you allow me, I post my bug :

Allow the Cowled Wizards to detect spellcasting in most indoor, above-ground areas in Athkatla : Don't work in graveyard and in the Den of the Seven Veils 'where ther is Mencar Pebble crusher. )

I wonder if detect spell casting works correctly in Delosar's Inn ( cowled wizards appears while I only use divine spell)

Another "bug" or strange phenomenon I encounter : sometimes, ennemy mage like to use breach on a weak character (usually my mages who are jsut under stoneskin and mirror image ) while they are surely better spell memorized to win the fight at the same moment.

of course, thank you for this generalissimo mod David :blush:

Allow the Cowled Wizards to detect spellcasting in most indoor, above-ground areas in Athkatla : Don't work in graveyard and in the Den of the Seven Veils 'where ther is Mencar Pebble crusher. )

As I recall, it's not supposed to work in the Den. I don't recall about the graveyard.

Another "bug" or strange phenomenon I encounter : sometimes, ennemy mage like to use breach on a weak character (usually my mages who are jsut under stoneskin and mirror image ) while they are surely better spell memorized to win the fight at the same moment.

It's not a bug, just a suboptimality. The scripting language isn't remotely rich enough to do a proper threat-assessment exercise. So I use crude proxies, one of which is "use Breach as a fairly high priority, albeit not as high as uber-damage spells, but don't use it more often than about every 3 rounds". Usually it works; sometimes not.

Guest Guest_Loz_*
With SCS II, I thinnk you must also play a bit fair and wait one or two second before attacking spell caster. (the time buffs engage) Maybe you will find liches (and some mages) more difficult in you wait one or two second before attack them.

Actually this is indeed what i was doing. However it is pretty difficult to keep pro. magic weapons up 100% of the time and a single hit from the azureedge will generally kill a lich as their save vs death isn't too great and the penalty is pretty big. Also with this axe there is no danger of fire shields - minsc can just keep throwing it from a safe distance till the kill effect kicks in.

Some mods propose to nerf this sort of weapons a bit "unfair", maybe you could install them. Sorry for the pub but You could install Item revisions or some component of Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods ( witch also contain a very interressing XP management).

About dragons, I don't think TOB dragons are immune to death. I remember destroy them with Silver Sword ( Better than Carsomyr this weapon...except vs mages.)

Personallly, even with nerf, I don't like to use this sort of weapons...

Some mods propose to nerf this sort of weapons a bit "unfair", maybe you could install them.

I'd like to think that IR actually balances the weapons instead of "nerfing" them ;)

Anywho, this is Azuredge in IR:

Azuredge +3
Combat Abilities:
Disruption: undead creatures must save vs. death or be destroyed
Undead Bane: additional +2 bonus to THAC0 and +8 to damage against undead
Returning: returns to the wielder's hand instantly after an attack is made
THAC0: +1 bonus
Damage: 1D6 + 1
Damage type (melee): slashing
Damage type (thrown): missile

Notes: removed the "only good characters" usability restriction, the disruption effect had a -4 penalty on its save to avoid the effect but it was way too powerful imo.

Sorry for the OT, now get back to keeping DW on his toes :thumbsup:

I got some buggs in my game. SOme of them are maybe not related to SCS II :

I am only at chapter 2

Gaius (the mage in sewers of temple distric) use a contengencie (stoneskin) as soon the fight start. (a waste considering all mage already have stoneskin)

Nevaziah (liche who got the nether scroll) cast stoneskin at the begining of the fight . (he's protected from magical weapons thanks to a trigger but it's surely a waste)

I have a problem more important in my game : I wonder if some long time prebuffs protection from elements works correcly. I have do a test with conster and Gaius : Therey are supposed to have protection from fire (level3) memorized but these spell don't appears in prebuff list and after some test, in seems that both are not protected from fire at all . (and it's surely happen for others mage/priest). I wonder if it's not a pb of incompatibility with spell revisions. (these spell are supposed to be level5 with SR howerver SCS II have them memorized at level 3 in spellboook, in theory in surely should work but maybe it can coz some problem ?)

I say this coz Protection from magical energy always appears in prebuff list and works correctly .(level 6 as well in vanilla and SP. ( It seems protection from electricity/acid with are level 5 well in vanilla and SR also works correctly but I can't confirm)

I have also do a test vs Nevaziah (got protection from fire/cold memorized) : he 's not protected from fire. ( surely also cold but I can't check considering attack spell of cold >level6 don't exist)

Minicul meteor melf is never listed in the list of prebuff. (but this spell works, all mage I have meet shoot meteor)

There are two things suggestions I would like to make on that demon summoning though. First I feel Gate is slightly undervalued. In my opinion this should pretty much always be cast after time stop as the creature it summons is comparable in power to the mage himself. Sometimes in my game Lavok or Tolgerias would instead start debuffing the part during the timestop. The battles were much easier when they did this

If you allow me, I can confirm. Mage who appears solo (or only two) in game should go for a more offensive routine. (and/or summons some creatures in prebuff )

==> Conster in my game try to dispell my protection, then cast breach, then true sight : surely good for a mage in a team but not for a solo mage :thumbsup: Imho, , solo mages can't offord the luxury of dispell ennemy defences at the start of the fight.

Archived