Tempest Kit

Arashi Kai

Hello G3!

After using many new kits and mods from this site, I have decided to try my own hand at making a kit, the Tempest.

I have decided on a general concept for the kit: It would be fighter kit that specialized in bladed weapons (like the blademaster from SPstuff) and also has some lightning abilities.

I have been following CamDawg's guide on modding and I get all of the important stuff. I also believe that if I am going to get help from you fine people, I should register as a courtesy :blush: .

I only have some questions that need answering.

1.) Is there a way to reduce the penalties for the off hand only? I have seen this in the JediSith kit that's on the Internet (you can google it) where his short lightsaber reduces the offhand two weapon fighting penalties (I kinda wanted him to be a two weapon beast :D ) .

2) Besides weapon/item restrictions and ability score adjustments, what other sorts of disadvantages are there? Like a true gamer, a believe that a kit should be fun and good, but not broken.

3) Out of plain old and utter curiosity, if/when I get this done, would I be able to post/donate this to G3 as my contribution?

1.) Is there a way to reduce the penalties for the off hand only? I have seen this in the JediSith kit that's on the Internet (you can google it) where his short lightsaber reduces the offhand two weapon fighting penalties (I kinda wanted him to be a two weapon beast :blush: ) .
Well, yes, the Item Revision does this on a grand scale for all two weapon users, so you could make a spell that uses the same opcode, as the weapons effect.

2) Besides weapon/item restrictions and ability score adjustments, what other sorts of disadvantages are there? Like a true gamer, a believe that a kit should be fun and good, but not broken.
The 'ability score's are actually 'stat score', so you can adjust any and all of them, like Thac0, saves, AC... you can also restrict the Alignments, races.

You have to knowledge also that the weapon and armor restrictions are interlinked with the base classes which also dictate the spell tables to be used, and other things.

Is there a way to reduce the penalties for the off hand only? I have seen this in the JediSith kit that's on the Internet (you can google it) where his short lightsaber reduces the offhand two weapon fighting penalties (I kinda wanted him to be a two weapon beast :blush: ) .

The obvious answer is to actually take a look at how the mod does it. Then copy and modify that to suit your needs.

Otherwise, read the IESDP.

#305 (0x131) Stat: THAC0 Modifier (Off-Hand) [305]

Parameter #1: Statistic Modifier

Parameter #2: Type

Description:

Applies the modifier value specified by the 'Statistic Modifier' field in the style specified by the 'Type' field.

/

Known values for 'Type' are:

0 Cumulative Modifier -> THAC0 = THAC0 + 'Statistic Modifier' value

1 Flat Value Modifier -> THAC0 = 'Statistic Modifier' value

2 Percentage Modifier -> THAC0 = (THAC0 * 'Statistic Modifier' value) / 100

J&S mod uses Timing: "While equipped". Effects applied to a character via a kit script should use the "Permanent after death" timing instead.

:blush: It's all good, I got that part of the mod working, so that part of the subject can close.

All I was confused on was that my tools gave me the effect name of "Unknown Effect #305" or some other number and it gave no documentation as to what parameters to change. Fortunately I was able to figure it out.

I'll keep you all posted, and thanks for all input :D

Well, after much consideration, I've decided to release the Tempest into the wild.

You can download it at the discussion forum. I am also starting a new topic for discussion where you can give me as much criticism as you want (so long as it is constructive).

Let me know if you have any problems downloading/extracting the file.

Arashi Kai

Archived