Opinions and suggestions for v3

Wisp

Version 4 will feature a improved system for keeping items from being randomised and keeping other items from showing up on that location (e.g. on Kirian).

Since it's a good deal easier (for other people) to keep items from being randomised than it is to add items to the randomisation pool, I've chosen to go with the current "opt out" system and comprehensive item lists. That way those who wish trim the mod a little before they install it are able to do so.

Once v4 is released I'll advertise and document this feature a bit better. Up to now it's been rather limited, so I haven't made much mention of it.

I'm always open to, and appreciative of suggestions etc, but when one person says a certain item shouldn't be randomised, there's bound to be another person who says it should be. Consequently I try to make it as easy as possible to customise the mod, instead of constantly fiddling with the details and particulars.

I hope you've been enjoying the mod otherwise.

Very much so! Thanks for taking the suggestions into consideration.

I did end up tweaking the lists btw on my own somewhat; just thought that a few cases might warrant being mentioned specificly for consideration for stated reasons.

A couple others perhaps: Arkion, the mage who asks for a corpse in E Baldur's Gate; in spite of what most bloodthirsty walkthroughs and players might opt for, it's completely unnecessary to attack and kill this guy or Nemphre (she's not on IR's list) - it would actually be pretty murderous for most PCs to do so.

I can also see where many would balk at attacking Jalantha Mistmyr, even though she is not the nicest sort, since she is holding up her end of the bargain and saving the PC's life...

Again, just my suggestions on what makes sense to me for RPing non evil PC's and having these be left off the 'must kill' list; perhaps not everyone would agree.

Cheers

However, it does make sense for these people to have loot.

As you say, whether or not the player chooses to commit murder (or merely get into a fight or whatever) to obtain it can be viewed as a role-playing choice. (While the player character may not know there's randomised loot to be had it is not unreasonable for him or her to expect to find something of worth.) But I'm not insensitive to the argument it's no fun to knowingly pass up potentially valuable and useful items.

(Incidentally, I'm sorry about the late replies. Being busy and forgetful isn't all it's cracked up to be.)

Archived