Gate Revision

yarpen

the total is 101%
Is 100%.
Sorry, but when I say it's one houndred and one persent, I mean one houndred and one persent... one can always summon two opposing creatures... plah, plah, plah... and they'll have their own little party just there. :thumbsup:

Now, I would suggest to make this component have a few options... for different play styles and different mod combinations.

Like say we take with Tactics(so what if this scennario will never happen, it's just an example), if we install the 'replace the spell' component, we get a bit weird actions as the LN Tactics AI enhancement doesn't count the Gated Beholder to be part of the encountered force, but it is... so we have one more monster to kill if the caster gets to cast the Gate spell, instead of a neutral killer that might just marinade the whole group before it turns on the party(cause someone went and casted the Protection from Evil Spell).

Now then, if we have an 'add the spell' component, we get far less intresting encounters against all sorts of good and bad sorts of creatures, but some players and some modders might just wish to use them... but some might not when there is a lot of other choices when it comes to the spell choices, so you'll have to remember that there are some that do not wish to have either... making this to be an extra component with 2 install choises.

Question -Will the 'Protection from Evil' spell protect from all the creatures or at least give them harder time to move against the opponent(damage reseaved from melee hits), like one mod made this for all the Elementals? Or was that in BG2... well, in ToEE it was at least. Or do we also need to have Protection from Good-Neutral, and Protection from Lawful-Neutral-Chaotic... cause the AI etc. need to be adjusted a bit I am sure.

Now, I would suggest to make this component have a few options... for different play styles and different mod combinations.
Now, I'm sorry if I disappoint some expectations, but unless I find a Scroll of Simulacrum in the real world I don't think I'll ever find enough time to add 5-6 creatures, 10-15 dialog options, and 2-3 install options for this single spell.

My initial intention was only to improve the existing spell with few features in order to make it consistent with SCSII summoned demons (they don't go against their summoners, and they are not so easily stopped by Pro.vs.Evil) without removing the "spell for desperate situations" aspect of it (they are demonic lords, equal in power to celestial solars...I don't want players to be able to summon pit fiends as if they are dire wolves).

I may implement few demonic variants a la SCS (e.g. Balors), and I can partially rely on SCS to build such creatures (.cre files, spell-like abilities, and so on), which should mean such changes won't involve ages of work on dialog files, in-game tests and balancing issues.

The bargain thing started as a simple idea (check via script summoner's stats, and via few "if" and "or" decide if the creature is willing to help or hostile to the summoner), and then evolved a little but I'll never find the time to make this single spell more complicated than Wish.

Regarding gems I think Rogue Stones may interest demons because of their magical properties (sort of planar travel properties, like the one showed by the Twisted Rune quest), but I do think in PnP they wouldn't care about most other gems. If you ask me I think extremely rare gems such as Beljuril may interest them too, but any decent DM would probably have the demon ask for something which really matters (e.g. Malla's soul, summoner's blood or piece of soul, a dark-pact, a geas/quest, and so on).

Due to various limitations (my limited spare time, coding issues, bla bla bla) I don't think I'll implement tons of possibilities, and having few "repeatable payments" would be better (even if they are sub-optimal solutions). It would be uber-cool if things like Malla's soul could unlock "one time only" rewards a la Wish, but I'd need at least another person to work on SR with me to add so many features.

Question -Will the 'Protection from Evil' spell protect from all the creatures or at least give them harder time to move against the opponent(damage reseaved from melee hits), like one mod made this for all the Elementals? Or was that in BG2... well, in ToEE it was at least. Or do we also need to have Protection from Good-Neutral, and Protection from Lawful-Neutral-Chaotic... cause the AI etc. need to be adjusted a bit I am sure.
Protection from Evil will work as a normal spell against demons, and the AI won't have any problem handling the spell the way I'm going to implement it for them (see here).

Archived