Masamune

Arashi Kai

I am curious... :)

Is there a WeiDU version of the Masamune Mini-Mini-Quest for BG2? It's a very cool mod, but the version I have is a non-WeiDU one, so its ability to be placed in a WeiDU modded game is very limited.

Any pointers/shooting downs( :) ) are welcome.

Arashi Kai

I dunno ;) But one thing I do know is that I've been practicing some WeiDU meself and did a rough WeiDU version (GO ME!!! :)) of it last month.

I have it as a component, along with a WeiDU of the "Improved Anarg" mod from SP (which just gives Anarg a custom helm :D)

I was skating it away from releasing :) anytime soon because of me exams, but if ya want, I'll attach it (or give you a link cause the attachment system seems to bug out for me here :))

PS: It's just some practice, I'm no modder dude like the guys here, but figured I need atleast some skillz to atleast help fix stuff :)

Cheers,

Lol

I dunno ;) But one thing I do know is that I've been practicing some WeiDU meself and did a rough WeiDU version (GO ME!!! :) ) of it last month.

I have it as a component, along with a WeiDU of the "Improved Anarg" mod from SP (which just gives Anarg a custom helm :D )

I was skating it away from releasing :) anytime soon because of me exams, but if ya want, I'll attach it (or give you a link cause the attachment system seems to bug out for me here :) )

PS: It's just some practice, I'm no modder dude like the guys here, but figured I need atleast some skillz to atleast help fix stuff :)

Cheers,

Lol

If you could send it along to me that would be spectacular.

I am also willing to help code if you need/want help.

If you could send it along to me that would be spectacular.
I'll give anyone who wants to try it out a link (currently in alpha ... *cough* if I knew what made it alpha *cough* :)) ... but it's playable

PS: Since I couldn't find the original dialogues for the Cespy/Cromwell upgrades, the mod contains cheesy new dialogue from yours truly :) (ofcourse, I'm open to suggestions :))

EDIT: Removed old link, newer version in one of the following posts ;)

I am also willing to help code if you need/want help.
That would be super!!! :) Thanks

If perchance someone else happens to download this, then if you can, please point out stuff, even if they're just code optimizations :D

Cheers,

Lol

If perchance someone else happens to download this, then if you can, please point out stuff, even if they're just code optimizations :)

To add proficiencies to a creature, you don't have to bother writing out all the code to give them a new effect with opcode 233 - you can use WeiDU's built-in SET_BG2_PROFICIENCY. So, if you want to give Maevar 5 stars in proficiency 95 (I think that's Scimitar/Wakizashi/Ninja-To), you can simply use:

SET_BG2_PROFICIENCY ~PROFICIENCYSCIMITARWAKISASHININJATO~ 5

The only other thing I thought might help would be if you gave the mod-added items a modder prefix.

To add proficiencies to a creature, you don't have to bother writing out all the code to give them a new effect with opcode 233 - you can use WeiDU's built-in SET_BG2_PROFICIENCY. So, if you want to give Maevar 5 stars in proficiency 95 (I think that's Scimitar/Wakizashi/Ninja-To), you can simply use:

SET_BG2_PROFICIENCY ~PROFICIENCYSCIMITARWAKISASHININJATO~ 5

Man, that cropped up the .tp2 like by half :D Thanks

The only other thing I thought might help would be if you gave the mod-added items a modder prefix.
Well, I wanted to preserve what the modders originally planned and I've checked all the mods in the BWP and they don't seem to use these .itm names :)

Anyway, I didn't intend to continue actually making any mods, so reserving a LOL# prefix would be a waste :)

For the record, I've already tried contacting the authors, but Shadowdaemon's email is out of commission and knightlight gave no way of contacting him/her/it :)

I've also fixed up a ton of typos for the next version btw ...

Also, if this gets installed over a mod that adds a custom weapon to Mae'Var/Kangaxx/Gromnir, will ADD_CRE_ITEM replace (overwrite) the itm or will the old item be shifted somewhere else?? ;) What if I wanted to let say, Gromnir, use any custom items he has along with whatever he gets from this mod??

@Arashi Kai: Since yu said you have the original mod, do you know how to extract the original dialogues for the upgrades?? Afaict, the guy should've provided a dialog.tlk with the mod too :)

Thanks,

Lol

Anyway, I didn't intend to continue actually making any mods, so reserving a LOL# prefix would be a waste :)
Well, neither did I until I made my first object, and now I got a mod and then some released... but I would suggest LOL or some other funny prefix, the # can be there if you want it to be there, but do not reserve it.

Also, if this gets installed over a mod that adds a custom weapon to Mae'Var/Kangaxx/Gromnir, will ADD_CRE_ITEM replace (overwrite) the itm or will the old item be shifted somewhere else?? :) What if I wanted to let say, Gromnir, use any custom items he has along with whatever he gets from this mod??
Ah, I think I told you this already in a PM in SHS("Re:Mod trouble" in fact was the name... :) ) the ADD_CRE_ITEM removes the old from the creature and put the new one in, while the REPLACE_CRE_ITEM will replace the old item with the new(and drop the old one into the inventory).

It might be hard to definitely re-equip the custom item to the creature cause a custom item can be a ring, a two handed sword or the like that in most cases will crash the game... so I still suggest to use this:

REMOVE_CRE_ITEM ~BLUN35.ITM~
REPLACE_CRE_ITEM ~DOREEN.ITM~ #0 #3 #0 ~IDENTIFIED~ ~WEAPON1~ EQUIP
REPLACE_CRE_ITEM ~BLUN35.ITM~ #0 #0 #0 ~IDENTIFIED~ ~SHIELD~ EQUIP

:)

Of course you could build up a long and winded way of reading the equipped item in use and then use the result to replace the ~BLUN35.ITM~ code with the ~result that includes the .ITM tag~ .

Well, neither did I until I made my first object, and now I got a mod and then some released... but I would suggest LOL or some other funny prefix, the # can be there if you want it to be there, but do not reserve it.
Great, now I'm scared I'm gonna get addicted :)

Ah, I think I told you this already in a PM in SHS("Re:Mod trouble" in fact was the name... :) ) the ADD_CRE_ITEM removes the old from the creature and put the new one in, while the REPLACE_CRE_ITEM will replace the old item with the new(and drop the old one into the inventory).
You didn't say that :) and that was exactly what I asked for :D Thanks!

I thought it overwrote the existing item ... :)

Of course you could build up a long and winded way of reading the equipped item in use and then use the result to replace the ~BLUN35.ITM~ code with the ~result that includes the .ITM tag~.
Ooooookkkkaaaayyy ... when I have some more time (as in Jan ;)) I'll look through some mods that already do this ...

Now one thing about Gromnir is, can he dualwield properly?? With animations and all?? If yes, wouldn't he need some points in dual-wielding??

Thanks,

Lol

ADD_CRE_ITEM removes the old from the creature and put the new one in, while the REPLACE_CRE_ITEM will replace the old item with the new(and drop the old one into the inventory).

The WeiDU readme seems to suggest the opposite: ADD shifts whatever might be in the slot to the inventory while REPLACE overwrites whatever's there.

Okay, as it stands, the quest isn't playable because <drumroll>

- Kangaxx's Lich form (which gets the item) doesn't drop anything on death (since it can't die :)) So I may have to move the sword to the demilich (who can't use it :)) [FIXED]

- There's something very fishy going on with the Cromwell upgrade, he takes both items but doesn't gimme the finished sword (jumbled up the GLOBALs :D) [FIXED]

- Looks like Gromnir completely flipped and forgot both his weapons :) (I copied over Jarno's code without a thought not seeing that it had .itm in the ~'s :D ... don't worry I still like you) [FIXED]

- The Cespenar upgrade works A-OK!!! :)

PS: I just made everything unidentified when they drop (kinda breaks the surprise don't it??) :D

PS2: Is this line necessary since it overwrites the items anyway?? :D

REMOVE_CRE_ITEM ~BLUN35.ITM~

I've removed it for 0.4a btw (which I'll upload as soon as I get home :p)

Looks like I'm getting an Xmas release after all ;)

Cheers,

Lol

Stupid mediafire won't let me upload *grumble* *grumble* :)

EDIT: Mod uploaded at SHS here ;)

EDIT: This version's working flawlessly for me now :) The items drop good, the quest is completeable, the items work as intended (Jarno helped :D) and personally, I'm proud of what I have :)

If someone other than me could just try this and confirm that it works as intended, I'd be happy to (un)officially release it :)

Spoilers for testing purposes:

Masa -> Mae'Var (AR0301)

Mune -> Kangaxx (AR0202) ... but since you need to complete his quest, might as well CLUA in HLKANG

Masamune -> Upgrade the above 2 with Cromwell (AR0400)

Doreen -> Gromnir (AR5002)

Mastermune -> Upgrade the above 2 with Cespenar (AR4500)

Thank you,

Lol

Man, this is what I get for not paying attention :) !

@Arashi Kai: Since yu said you have the original mod, do you know how to extract the original dialogues for the upgrades?? Afaict, the guy should've provided a dialog.tlk with the mod too :)

Well......I do have the one by the author, and I have opened up the dialog files DLTCEP, but...........slight problem............ :)

They are all lines from Ascension! There is a problem with my game with Ascension and Romantic Encounters that overwrites some dialog from other mods, Masamune being one of them unfortunately :) . Here's the part that flabbergasts me: even when just freshly unzipping the dialog files to my Desktop, then opening them, I still get the Ascension lines.

To get back on topic: I don't know if sending you my original will help anything, as the files are probably corrupted somehow. I got mine from SP, so if you're looking for a fresh version, that's where I would look.

Archived