What Sword whould I draw next?

Arashi Kai

I have very recently decided to teach myself how to draw stuff, and since I cannot draw organic materials, I have decided to specialize in weaponry, specifically swords.

This is all mostly done during spare time when I have lots of it to kill (during class when I know all of it and no one else does :):) !), so nothing too complex please.

I already have a:

• katana, inspiration taken from the Celestial Fury, the greatest non-mod katana in the game.
  • a sword in which it's 2 blades springing from the hilt and twisting around each other towards the tip.
  • a wavy sword that looks like ripples in the sea.

I am currently experiencing "artist's block" and am looking for some simple ideas. Verbal descriptions are only needed, though don't say "draw this sword from this game"; I'll probably have 0 idea what you're talking about.

Aha! I now see what you mean! :) (inner self slapping me!)

I've tended to shy away from those types of swords because they just look too straight. Could be only my style of drawing, but I am partial to curvy swords, simply because they look coooooooool :) . I'm willing to branch out though, thanks very much for pointing this out!

Wavy swords are sometimes called flamberger. You didn't mention any of the short swords, so you can go for those. And if you are partial to curvy, you can always diversify to axes :) Or try special effects for the fantasy swords, like flaming sword, or gem swords, ligting bolt and all that. I mean fantasy creatures fight with really odd things...

Wavy swords are sometimes called flamberger. You didn't mention any of the short swords, so you can go for those. And if you are partial to curvy, you can always diversify to axes :) Or try special effects for the fantasy swords, like flaming sword, or gem swords, ligting bolt and all that. I mean fantasy creatures fight with really odd things...

All very good points :) ! Unfortunatly, my drawing skills are slightly lax in the cool, awesome special effects department. Just whenever I think of axes i think of these guys: :D . And while I'm not denying their skillz that killz, they just don't suit my tastes.

Very good ideas though, and I'll be sure to branch out to some other ideas, like axes ;) !

P.S.- What's a good place to host artwork? I'd like a place that is mostly for viewing not criticizing.

Cheers!

Archived