Druid as a Cleric Kit. Help!

Robi

Hi!

I apologize in advance if this might be a stupid idea/question/problem. I'm 100% new to modding, i started yesterday.

Eniveis, i've always wanted to play a druid/mage, but i read somewhere that multiclasses are hardcoded. But then i found a post somewhere about a new mod being developed LoI?? and it mentioned there a druidlike cleric kit. I got around CamDawg's tutorial, did everithing as instructed ( as much as it was clear to me, meaning the first 3 parts of the four). And it actually worked...to a point. my idea was after the creation of the kit to Shadowkeep my Cleric/Mage, to having my "Cleric-Druid" kit.

I am of course speaking of Baldur's Gate II

My problem is: I couldn't figure out how to get my Kit to have druid spell-list but i wagerd that i could change these with shadowkeeper aswell. BUT, Shadowkeeper, when it opens my character, doesn't allow for kits, they are grayed out (set value unknown, lets me put it anyway, but my druid doesn't appear in that list.

I tried it in game, with a single class Cleric, i had a Clerid "Druid" in the char creation, he even had the class abilities of a druid( i gave werewolf form as well). But when i tried to ShadowKeep my single class, it was still grayed out, and my "Druid" didnt appear on the list.

Is there anything i might have missed, or is my idea just too complicated for a 'dont know how' as myself.

Any and all help would be appreciated!

The game's divine spells are categorised as either being available to clerics, druids, both, or neither. This controls which classes gain the spells when they level up. To achieve your goal, you'll probably want to do two separate things:

1) Give your kit access to druid spells

2) Prevent your kit from gaining cleric spells (unless you want a mage/cleric/druid uberkit)

To do the first, you'll need to edit your kit's CLAB-style .2da file so that there are entries for every druid spell at the appropriate levels they would normally learn them: GA_SPPR101, GA_SPPR103, etc. at level 1, GA_SPPR202, GA_SPR204, etc. at level 3, and so on.

To do the second, you'll need to edit the divine spells so they are no longer flagged as being available to clerics. This will affect not just your kit, but all clerics, so you'll have to fix each of them in a way similar to what we did in step 1.

The mod Divine Remix on this site does everything in step 2 in order to implement its sphere system. If you are intending your mod for personal use and like the changes Divine Remix makes, you can probably just install Divine Remix and then you'll only have to do step 1.

Edit: And I recommend Near Infinity over Shadowkeeper. Great for modding and editing save games!

Mike

Do you think that instead of editing all of the cleric spells, it would be easier to create a spell that removes all priest spells from the priest books using effect 172.

Spell: Remove Spell [172]

"Removes the spell specified by the resource key from the targeted creature(s) spellbook (but does not affect spells already memorised). Only affects spells with the SPPR/SPWI/SPCL/SPIN naming convention. Both parameters should be 0 (zero)."

They should all be SPPR spells so this would work.

I think you would only have to make a spell for each priest level and then do a GA_ in the CLAB file at the character level at the first occurrence when you receive the spells for a particular level. So...

Remove level 1 spells at level 1 in the CLAB with GA_....

Remove level 2 spells at level 3 in the CLAB with GA_....

Remove level 3 spells at level 5 in the CLAB with GA_....

Remove level 4 spells at level 7 in the CLAB with GA_....

Remove level 5 spells at level 9 in the CLAB with GA_....

Remove level 6 spells at level 11 in the CLAB with GA_....

Remove level 7 spells at level 14 in the CLAB with GA_....

Saves a lot of troubles editing all those spells and affecting all clerics in the game.

Edit: And I recommend Near Infinity over Shadowkeeper. Great for modding and editing save games!
You might wish to point to somewhat more recently compiled version of the NI, and not a one of 2004... The new project page. And yes, you still need the Java editor, but I would suggest to use the JDK1.6.18, not the JSE1.4.2...

This is so someone doesn't need to do this.

Okei. i shall try with the Divine Remix, and then doing step 1.

It didn't sound easy to me, but i'll try to get my head around it..

Thank you for your quick reply!

Step 1 shouldn't be too hard, since if you've already got your kit installing, your CLAB is already set up as well. You'll just need to go in and add entries in the different columns in the .2da for the druid spells... like this.

Mike

Do you think that instead of editing all of the cleric spells, it would be easier to create a spell that removes all priest spells from the priest books using effect 172.

That sounds like it could also work. You'd need to create a .spl file that has one #172 effect for each cleric-only spell and apply it in the CLAB at each level up, since the game checks that you're not missing anything each time you level up.

You might wish to point to somewhat more recently compiled version of the NI, and not a one of 2004... The new project page. And yes, you still need the Java editor, but I would suggest to use the JDK1.6.18, not the JSE1.4.2...

This is so someone doesn't need to do this.

Yes, there have been newer versions with improvements added by other developers. No, I don't want to look through the forums to find someone's compiled binary of the latest and least tested version and recommend that to a new modder who is upgrading from Shadowkeeper.

Thank you Mike!

I installed the Divine remix, used your file with the druid spells. And it worked, after assigning the Kit with NI.

But two small problems still:

1. I have the Turn undead icon, which I cant use(and dont want to) - is there a way to remove it?

2. When i tried my Single Cleric, with my Druid Kit, it had my weap proficiencys. I added longsword and katana(you can buy one great katana from the Extra Merchant that gives extra mage spells...i figured i would like to use that). Then the proficiencys worked fine, as far as i could tell. But now, i couldnt choose them. Or is it simply a matter of assigning a proficiency point with NI?

And another question:

I would like to install "The Darkest Day" mod, and play that and use the NPCs and quests and items and etc. In what order should i install the components(Divine remix, My Kit, Darkest day), so that they work properly?

Cheers and thank you in advance!

And another question:

I would like to install "The Darkest Day" mod, and play that and use the NPCs and quests and items and etc. In what order should i install the components(Divine remix, My Kit, Darkest day), so that they work properly?

Which The Darkest Day you wish to install, the TDDv1.12? Cause it's the newest.

It's best to use the standard install order...

BG2 Fixpack

TDDv1.12

Divine Remix

Ashes of Embers

Your mod

ToB Extender so you can actually select all those Cleric Kits.

Worldmap mod.

1. I have the Turn undead icon, which I cant use(and dont want to) - is there a way to remove it?

I don't think you can physically get rid of it and replace it with something else, but you can definitely grey it out so it is unusable. You can create a .spl that has a permanent effect using opcode #144 "Disable Button" with parameter 2 set to 6 "Turn Undead Button" and apply it in the CLAB at level 1. I'd normally recommend copy/pasting and modifying an existing spell to meet your criteria, but this spell has actually already been implemented in the game and is used by Inquisitors to disable their Turn Undead button. So, simply add this entry to your CLAB at level 1: AP_SPCL235.

2. When i tried my Single Cleric, with my Druid Kit, it had my weap proficiencys. I added longsword and katana(you can buy one great katana from the Extra Merchant that gives extra mage spells...i figured i would like to use that). Then the proficiencys worked fine, as far as i could tell. But now, i couldnt choose them. Or is it simply a matter of assigning a proficiency point with NI?

You shouldn't have problems assigning whatever proficiency points you like if you've listed them properly in the line in the ADD_KIT command that appends to weapprof.2da. However, you should know that any items that clerics cannot use will remain forbidden to your kit as well.

Archived