need help with neeshka crash

Guest wookieboy15

Hi folks, I deleted all the lead-ons into Neeshka's chats from that one and loaded it into a few saves I have. It seems to work fine.

Please, un-rar this version into you FlirtPack/Neeshka folder replacing the troublesome version of gl_neeshka.dlg. I would appreciate if someone gets back to me letting me know if it fixes the problem. If it does, I will poke poor Berelinde to update V2. If not, well, we'll work on it.

This fix works great so far! I swapped the files and loaded a game save that is right before meeting Neeshka the first time. Everything was fixed and Talk To was fine. I know that previous saves that I looked through had the cut scene camera lag with Elanee flirts, but Neeshka conversations are clickable/skipable.

Great work.

Guest wookieboy15

Thank you so much Domi, i was devastated when i first had issues with the Neeshka crash as i restarted the game solely for that romance. Cheers for all the help and of course for the effort required to actually make this mod. Regards.

Hi folks, I deleted all the lead-ons into Neeshka's chats from that one and loaded it into a few saves I have. It seems to work fine.

Please, un-rar this version into you FlirtPack/Neeshka folder replacing the troublesome version of gl_neeshka.dlg. I would appreciate if someone gets back to me letting me know if it fixes the problem. If it does, I will poke poor Berelinde to update V2. If not, well, we'll work on it.

That seemed to do the job. Thanks so much.

I realize I'm sort of resurrecting a dead thread here, but I am having the same problem and none of the above solutions is fixing it. It's so bad that it persists in crashing/not working even after totally removing the mod-even after totally reinstalling the game. I've been banging my head against this particular wall for several days, and I just can't make this damned thing work, or get the crashing to go away.

On the assumption that the error is on my part, I'll list exactly what I'm doing.

I'm extracting version 3 into the override folder in the non-MyDocuments install. At this point in the party, it's no longer consistently crashing me, but it still won't let me actually talk to Neeshka. She faces me, but no dialogue actually initiates, and it does still sometimes crash to desktop Same problem after applying the above fix, and same problem with version 2. Again, after resigning myself to not being able to get this mod working, I tried removing the files altogether and STILL get the error, and then tried reinstalling, only to continue getting the error. I'd love to get this mod working-but, frankly, at this point, I'd settle for getting a vanilla install working. Is there something I'm doing wrong, some file I'm not installing?

I am guessing the issue is that the game's save still wanna that darn file. How about I try to send you my current alpha version of the module with Neeshka's romance as I have it now, that has the darn file and we keep fingers crossed it fixes issue and if time permits you can report back to me any errors you run against?

Guest bobtheannoyed[at]gmail.com
I am guessing the issue is that the game's save still wanna that darn file. How about I try to send you my current alpha version of the module with Neeshka's romance as I have it now, that has the darn file and we keep fingers crossed it fixes issue and if time permits you can report back to me any errors you run against?

It's worth a try. Might also try reinstalling and making a new save, though I've made enough new saves that I'm heartily sick of West Harbor and the lizardling cave. Might be a couple days before I can get back to you on whether that fixed it or not, though.

Okay, so I am having a slightly different issue that kind of changed from the crash issue.

At first, I had v2 downloaded and my computer crashed whenever I talked or tried to talk to Neeshka right after meeting her at Fort Locke. *the download and placement of the files was correct with v2*

Then, after viewing this thread and attempting to download and change v2 with v3, I can't talk with Neeshka beyond an introductory exclamation. I have a handful of other game mods, none of which interfere with the NPCs or the gameplay, the installation is correct as far as the instructions indicate, I checked.

Now, I am not crashing anymore, which is cool, but when I tried talking to Neeshka as a woman (trying for a same sex relation even though that might not have worked) and when I restarted the game as a guy and got up to the same point and tried again, all Neeshka says is, "How can I help?" (you know the dialogue that the npc's say out loud when you click on them/ask them to do something.)

(I don't know if it is just Forte Locke, or if its the mod, or if I'm not standing in the right spot or something wacky has happened to my computer, but I am kind of irritated. Would having the Music part in its proper place interfere with the original Romance files even if you don't have SOZ?)

I get no dialogue encounter, I get no other dialogue, not even text. However, when I remove the mod, I can talk to her as if I was normally rolling through the game.

I am not sure exactly what the problem is, but I am very frustrated with it, because I really want to see the Romance. I have deleted my previous female game, but I have left the game I made recently with a male is saved in the same spot around Forte Locke. Please help me. :cool:

In version 3, all you would get are flirts, no other dialogues. Could you take a screenshot of what you are seeing when you click-talk Neeshka? Then I can take a look and see if it is correct or corrupted.

Did you delete V2 completely before copying the files from V3? There are no files or folders hanging behind from V2 installation?

Okay, so I deleted a few smaller mods that my game actually wasn't really using and thought it might help, I was incorrect.

- I did delete V2 completely before I unzipped and placed V3 into the Program Files Never Winter Nights Override directory. I double and triple checked this with the documents one as well.

- Also, a new development, it seems that my game chooses from not getting into a dialogue at all, to crashing. :/

Here are screenshots that I hope help:

Here is the Neeshka file from v3 as it is on my computer --

Capture2.png

The DLG's date of last update reads -- 2/16/2010

And, as you requested here is a screencap from in-game:

NWN2_SS_092011_110435.jpg

From this screen, when I right click on Neeshka's portrait and attempt to talk, I either crash to my desktop, or I get a kind and polite audible response of, "How can I help."

It doesn't switch to a dialogue encounter, it just remains static at this screen.

Thank you for looking into this.

You know, Domi, module dialogues (and probably scripts) get stored in the saved game. I'm wondering if the problem here is that the changes that caused the crash are already a part of pinckz's save and nothing short of starting a new game will fix them.

I hope I'm wrong, but it is a possibility.

Archived