Wild Magic effects table

yarpen

In role-playing manner Wild Mage kit as overall sounds just perfect. He has powerful, yet uncontrollable magic which can grant you some great benefits but also can give you a lot of troubles. But personally that's only the theory because when you'll decide that your protagonist will become Wild Mage you get a bit disapointed. Wild Surges are quite rare and 80% of them are annoying and stupid jokes. Yeah, game should get a comic relief and it's nice to become a squirrel after trying to cast stoneskin... still, there's lack of real positive/negative effects.

Demi, have you got any ideas of revising Wild Surge effects table? I've found on IESDP list of it's effects. I'd vote for removing most of prank-ones (summoning cow? rabbits?), too drastic (loosing all of the gold? effects similiar to instant-death of protagonist?) and think about something more sensible.

The color change should be made to last a day or so... and perhaps change the table a bit so it has better effects on the higher levels, but they can also have higher negative modifiers to the temporary spell level at high levels. As it's not really drastic to loose ~50 levels if you got the number 99 effect(as I understand, the current caster level is added to the other protection effects like Chaos Shield and Improved Chaos Shield which then will combine to the 1d20 and the resulting number determines the resulting effect).

As far as I know there exist 2DA table of wild surges where you can probably change this stuff. -.-
Are you sure? It doesn't seem so...
Actually it's the spwmxxx.spl file names that dictate what which spell does and thus if you copy and overwrite the file names with the same according your own table, you should get what you wish. Look at this table.
As far as I know there exist 2DA table of wild surges where you can probably change this stuff. -.-
Are you sure? It doesn't seem so...
Actually it's the spwmxxx.spl file names that dictate what which spell does and thus if you copy and overwrite the file names with the same according your own table, you should get what you wish. Look at this table.

Those spwmxxx.spl files don't cover the whole wild surge table, and if you look at them more often than not they are not responsible of the various effects (they don't contain the corresponding opcodes), which are probably handled by something else (that's why I suppose they are hardcoded).
Look at this table.
Those spwmxxx.spl files don't cover the whole wild surge table, and if you look at them more often than not they are not responsible of the various effects (they don't contain the corresponding opcodes), which are probably handled by something else (that's why I suppose they are hardcoded).
Well, about half(48) is to control is more than half the table you can influence. So what's the problem? You do not wish to move the Color me PINK(spwm198.spl) to be SPWM104.spl and do the reverse to it.

Archived