Where is the Java House?

Guest Guest

Cam, maybe it'd be an idea to make a failsafe variable that when set will basically set up the Java House in case this kinda thing happens.

The problem is that ar0713 has no area script, which is why we have to patch the area and require a new game to begin with. It already has a "failsafe" variable off of which everything else is keyed, but there's no area script in the saved game with which it can work. We could try using ar0700's script and exploit the master area relationship for creature spawning, but I'm not sure how reliable that'll be.

The Java House is located at 1500, 1770 on the Promenade. If they're not there, you'll need to spawn the following creatures inside the Java House:

CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("G3BEV")
CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("G3JAVA01")
CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("G3JAVA02")
CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("G3JAVA03")
CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("G3JAVA04")

I had a nightmare of a time trying to get the Java House to spawn properly. I even had a routine to remove Maheer (with dialogue options to explain where he'd gone) if the shop had already been visited. Unfortunately baldur.bcs and ar0700.bcs refused to be a reliable options for the spawning so assigning a script to the area was the only way we could guarantee there was a Java House to visit.

Oh, and I think the master area thing won't work--the game still wouldn't pick up the area script if the shop had already been visited. I don't think. I can't remember if I tried it or not.

The problem is that ar0713 has no area script, which is why we have to patch the area and require a new game to begin with. It already has a "failsafe" variable off of which everything else is keyed, but there's no area script in the saved game with which it can work. We could try using ar0700's script and exploit the master area relationship for creature spawning, but I'm not sure how reliable that'll be.

Fortunately this'll all be solved once the fixpack is released, because that gives every area an area script does it not?

Archived