Please Test Install a new Mur'neth, BG1 Tweaks

cmorgan

Usually when I package mods, I do an overkill test, running out the old version and the new version on two installs and crosschecking them in NI, etc. to make sure everything is fine. Unfortunately, I am scrambling with some RL things, so I would really appreciate it if someone would take the time to test install (just a quick "does it install as advertized, or does a typo or parse error pop up") for Mur'Neth. The only changes are an italian translation from Ilot, the updated readme, and the README .tp2 command, so it should be fine - i just don't like to put anything up officially that hasn't been test installed!

The three packages are below - if it installs ok, just drop a note. I can then update the site pages to link to the new version.

[ edited out ]

I can't test because I don't have a BGT/Tutu install under Linux, and don't have a trashable install under Windows. The Linux and Mac builds aren't going to work because you use the apostrophe in file names (simply add a backslash in front of the apostrophe in file names). The Linux build is also calling the Mac build of Sox (rather than the 'standard' oggdec), but I can't recall offhand how you should fix it.

And to top it all off, it has WeiDU v217. Serves me right for rushing through it. Pulling those, and rebuilding.

Perhaps I should take the time to get the audio rebuilt correctly, too - it is an old, old way of doing stuff. I will a. remove ' from all filenames, b. rebuild the sound install and c. add linux to the readme.

I will try for this afternoon for a repair - may or may not have time to test -

Here is a second set to test, if someone has a chance - grogerson's BG1 Tweaks moving to v2:

[ removed ]

err - the bigg, I don't see ', but i see a ton of #, which I think is a comment in Mac-land or bash land, or whatever -

a#murn29.ogg

in file allaudio_osx.sh

#!/bin/sh

ogg_files="a#murn29.ogg a#murn28.ogg a#murn27.ogg"

for file in $ogg_files; do
 echo Converting $file
 murneth/ogg/sox murneth/ogg/$file override/${file%.ogg}.wav
done

should be

#!/bin/sh

ogg_files="a\#murn29.ogg a\#murn28.ogg a\#murn27.ogg"

echo Converting $file
 murneth/ogg/sox murneth/ogg/$file override/${file%.ogg}.wav
done

right? And the same escaping on OSX?

Notes in to Ace and Grim on the spammer.

OK on the # - i can then just make sure that there are no ' s in filenames anywhere, then I can leave his prefix a# without escaping, and build those sound things quick as a wink.

OK.

Please test the revamped Mur'Neth, who has had audio stuff rebuilt and the file references changed to "murneth" in pathing.

Both of these mods are already in the downloads section of the site, ready to go live/be advertized, just as soon as i can confirm the packages install. Gotta go - RL is pushing pushing pushing. Will check back when i can.

Removing the apostrophe from the file paths breaks uninstalls between v9 and v10 allows the player to install Mur'neth twice when upgrading.

Also, I can't actually test it (due to lack of trashable BGT installs).

> The three packages are below - if it installs ok, just drop a note.

> OSX Mur'neth

Aye Cap\'n,

1) In mur'neth.tp2, line 84-85 need to be:

AT_NOW ~sh Mur\'Neth/murneth-audioin.sh~ // install...

AT_INTERACTIVE_UNINSTALL ~sh Mur\'Neth/murneth-audioout.sh~ // ... and uninstall

2) setup-mur'neth, setup-mur'neth.command, and Mur'Neth/sox need to be set executable.

3) Mur'Neth/murneth-audioin.sh fixed:

#!/bin/sh

ogg_files=`ls mur\'neth/sounds | grep '.ogg'`

echo Converting $file...

mur\'neth/sox mur\'neth/sounds/$file override/${file%.ogg}.wav

done

4) Mur'Neth/murneth-audioout.sh line 3:

wav_files=`ls mur\'neth/sounds | grep '.ogg' | sed s/.ogg/.wav/g`

@ the bigg - blast. OK, running it back to mur'neth. Is that going to mess up Linux and OSX directory structure? Or is this a case where OSX/linux is going to have to have a whole different mod? I don't have any data on Mac users of EasyTutu/BGT, and the use of this mod.

@ Steve - thanks so much, man - you keep teaching me, and I keep almost not quite learning. But I appreciate your patience! I see the escaping, and I see the changes - got 'em - some quick questions, though -

This: wav_files=`ls mur\'neth/sounds | grep '.ogg' | sed s/.ogg/.wav/g` uses the sounds subdirectory to create the list of .wav files, drops the .ogg, and deletes the .wv - what points it to override?

Is there a way to set things executable using Win7 x64, or will I need to grab a Snow Leopard by the tail and tweak?

This: wav_files=`ls mur\'neth/sounds | grep '.ogg' | sed s/.ogg/.wav/g` uses the sounds subdirectory to create the list of .wav files, drops the .ogg, and deletes the .wv - what points it to override?

This is in murneth-audioout.sh, the uninstall script. That line creates the list of .WAV files to delete. They are deleted in the FOR loop underneath.

Is there a way to set things executable using Win7 x64, or will I need to grab a Snow Leopard by the tail and tweak?

Windows determines executable by the file extension .EXE not by any per-file mode, and I haven't found any archive format that allows setting that from Windows. So, you'll probably have to build the MacOSX distribution on some Unix system. (You may want to check if your phone can do it.)

Is FW5403.ARE part of TuTu or BGT? I just attempted to install Mur'neth under Mac OS X, to see what would happen, but got an error due to the lack of this file (the resource wasn't found in chitin.key). I don't/can't do TuTu or BGT, but wanted to find out if this mod would install or not.

At least now we can see a case where it won't install :)

Thanks,

Eric

Is FW5403.ARE part of TuTu or BGT?

From the ReadMe file:

This is an NPC mod for either of the Baldur's Gate conversions, Tutu or BGT-WeiDU.

If .../data/BG1ARE.bif exists, Mur'Neth will install the BGT files, otherwise the Tutu files.

Yep - it is an "older' mod, so it lacks some of the checks, I bet - I will doublecheck that and move Andyr's checks to the new GAME_IS checks so that folks trying to install it on something other than Tutu/EasyTutu/BGT will get an automatic fail.

I may be a few days with RL, but I am seeing about building mac installs on a MacBook Pro, where we can solve thses last few issues reasonabley easy. Just have to figure out if I can .rar on a mac, or if we would have to go back and redo all sorts of things to .zip on the site for distribution - in which case, bleh.

Archived