Please Test Install a new Mur'neth, BG1 Tweaks

cmorgan

Yep - it is an "older' mod, so it lacks some of the checks, I bet - I will doublecheck that and move Andyr's checks to the new GAME_IS checks so that folks trying to install it on something other than Tutu/EasyTutu/BGT will get an automatic fail.

I may be a few days with RL, but I am seeing about building mac installs on a MacBook Pro, where we can solve thses last few issues reasonabley easy. Just have to figure out if I can .rar on a mac, or if we would have to go back and redo all sorts of things to .zip on the site for distribution - in which case, bleh.

There are ways to create .rar archives on a Mac, but I'm not yet aware of how to use them (I even have a program called rar that works in a UNIX shell, but I don't know the syntax for using it). Here's something that might serve (I thought it would help, but it crashes every time I launch it); if you find anything else that will do the job, I'll be very interested in it!

Cheers,

Eric

ok,

BACKUP ~mur\'neth/backup~
AUTHOR ~Andyr, Andyr@Gibberlings3.net~

VERSION ~v10~

README ~mur\'neth/readme-murneth.html~

ALWAYS
 ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~fw0100.are~ THEN BEGIN
PRINT ~Tutu~
 END ELSE BEGIN
 ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~ar7200.are~ THEN BEGIN
PRINT ~BGT~
 END ELSE BEGIN FAIL ~not Tutu or BGT~
 END
END

and all murneth changes re-reverted to mur\'neth

Steve's edits in place

linux build should now use oggdec

fighting with setting setup-mur\'neth.command to executable, and then I need to rebuild the windows package with the changes.

dammit. Go everything fine, but permissions is a PITA - I think i may not be able to set permissions using chmod in such a way that it is wide open to everyone. Still researching.

EDIT: AHA!!!!!! in terminal,

cd mydirectory

chmod 777 setup-bg1tweaks.command

whoot! This is DOS on steroids. Got it. OK, packing it up.

crap.

Steve, the bigg, anyone -

I have BG1Tweaks no problem, but the escape in mur\'neth is causing all sorts of hassles.

With file setup-mur\'neth.command, the terminal prints the following: desktop/setup-mur\\\'neth.command ; ext; ./setup-mur'neth: no such file or directory.

Inside, there is the standard stuff - setup-mur\'neth

If I remove the escape in either filename or script, it fails.

bg1tweaks I can run no problem (I get the correct install behavior for BG2 not being installed, if that makes sense) but i am stuck trying to get

mur\'neth

setup-mur\'neth

setup-mur\'neth.command

all to recognise eachother.

Current links for testing for bg1tweaks (only for Baldur's Gate with TOTSC, really old skool )

Windows bg1tweaks

OSX bg1tweaks

Linux bg1tweaks

and the problem Mac package for troubleshooting

murneth_osx_problems

The Mac stuff I .zip'd with the OS archive, so it creates the mac resource fork.

I guess i could run out the Mur'Neth package for windows, and then just add the others back when we solve this - I will check again this afternoon before making the decision/posting both of these up officially. Back after doctor's appointments - hopefully someone will have figured out what boneheaded hing I am doing wrong by then :undecided:

In case this helps, I've noticed that UNIX doesn't like filenames with apostrophes in them. In order to install Neh'Taniel, I had to remove the apostrophe from all relevant filenames and from the contents of relevant files (.tp2, etc). Only after having done so would the mod install successfully under Mac OS X Tiger.

Good luck,

Eric

I hate to state the obvious, but if the \' is a problem, lose it. I know that Windows can handle ' across the board but if other operating systems can't, ditch it. Repackage using "murneth" across the board. If Windows users upgrade, there is nothing stopping them from deleting obsolete files, and Mac/Linux users can't enjoy the mod anyway, so there's nothing lost.

K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple. Seriously.

Cap\'n,

You've put a backslash into the filenames (I considered calling you "Dude" for this). The backslash is only needed when in a shell script, to escape the shell's use of ' as a quoting character.

I have installed Mur'Neth v10 as part of a mega-install with the following changes:

File mur'neth/murneth-audioin.sh line 3, change:

ogg_files=`ls mur'neth/sounds | grep '.ogg'`

to:

ogg_files=`ls mur\'neth/sounds | grep '.ogg'`

and line 7, change:

mur'neth/sox mur'neth/sounds/$file override/${file%.ogg}.wav

to:

mur\'neth/sox mur\'neth/sounds/$file override/${file%.ogg}.wav

File mur'neth/murneth-audioout.sh line 3, change:

wav_files=`ls mur'neth/sounds | grep '.ogg' | sed s/.ogg/.wav/g`

to:

wav_files=`ls mur\'neth/sounds | grep '.ogg' | sed s/.ogg/.wav/g`

File mur'neth.tp2, line 84 and 85, change:

AT_NOW ~sh murneth-audioin.sh~ // install...

AT_INTERACTIVE_UNINSTALL ~sh murneth-audioout.sh~ // ... and uninstall

to:

AT_NOW ~sh Mur\'Neth/murneth-audioin.sh~ // install...

AT_INTERACTIVE_UNINSTALL ~sh Mur\'Neth/murneth-audioout.sh~ // ... and uninstall

Concerning BG1Tweaks, don't worry about it for Macs, BG1 doesn't run on MacOSX. Unless you're supporting MacOS9, in which case you're a better man than I am.

Both those variants will work. Here's the proof and some other choices:

navaden@lynxlynx widescreen 0 $ touch murn\'eth

navaden@lynxlynx widescreen 0 $ ls mur*

murn'eth

navaden@lynxlynx widescreen 0 $ nano mur* #here i made it print juhu

navaden@lynxlynx widescreen 0 $ chmod +x mur*

navaden@lynxlynx widescreen 0 $ ./murn\'eth

juhu

navaden@lynxlynx widescreen 0 $ "./murn'eth"

juhu

navaden@lynxlynx widescreen 0 $ ./"murn'eth"

juhu