IA v6 Final

Well Treefolk will be post Underdark item. +4 as mentioned earlier.

Staff of Magi on Necro makes no difference imo. Will skip this as it's pointless on Necro, he is already overpowered with his gear. Necro doesn't fight. Might make some sense on some other Mage.

Golem Slayer on Berserker. Regular Hits, not Criticals.

Coin:

Ram +6: 4+1 Damage

Slayer: 3+2 damage ( when fragmentizes it's about 10 )

Gem:

Ram +6: 9 damage

Slayer: 8 +5 ( fragmentize probably around 10 as well )

Elemental:

Ram +6: 4+1 damage

Slayer: 3+2 damage ( fragmentize about 5 damage )

Poseidon: 3 damage ( +3 damage when magic damage applies, which is 1 in 3 hits theoretically, so probably 4 damage on average )

Now fragmentize won't do anything above Elemental Golems. So vs. Ultra Golems Ram does 4 damage, and Slayer does 5 damage.

Golem Slayer is a bit more versatile since it's Crushing + Crushing, compared to Ram Crushing + Piercing. And you get fragmentize vs lesser Golems. Depending when you are able to forge Golem Slayer, it may not matter much. It's also a whooping 150.000 GP. Crushing resistance can be reduced to 10%-15% to make it a bit more balanced. So when is the soonest you can forge Golem Slayer?

Good point about Cernd. A big pass I guess.

Locally improved Balthazar ( a lot ). Also Demogorgon a lot (HP, AC, THAC0, Resistances ). This might be a late ToB fight now. Probably before EDE.

ToB is really underdeveloped. Such a chore to go through it. This a vanilla problem, but Improved Anvil doesn't improve here either.

Bows/Arrows could be tweaked to do crushing damage for example, to be actually useable. However the Archer gets bonuses every few levels to "Missle Damage". Probably too complicated to change that to Crushing for example. Otherwise you could still use a fighter with a bow. Probably with arrows of Piercing (changing them to do crushing damage). Later on Gesen Bow could be a good weapon. However I'd have to look up the item locations for early chapters, to make sure there are some decent bows available (different enchantments +2 +3 +4 as the game progresses ).

Also tweaked Great Wyrm Scales. Lowered Fire Resistance and added permanent Haste ( not improved ), like the Grandmasters Armor. This is an early ToB item. If one forges Vagrant boots, might be a bit short on boots of haste.

After forging the Boots of the Ranger Lord, you will still have 3 other pairs of boots of Speed in SoA. In ToB you start with a fourth pair (Illasera), and the Grandmaster's armor will grant Haste to the last party member (provided you play with a six-person party).

After forging the Boots of the Ranger Lord, you will still have 3 other pairs of boots of Speed in SoA. In ToB you start with a fourth pair (Illasera), and the Grandmaster's armor will grant Haste to the last party member (provided you play with a six-person party).

Right. Could also change a pair of worn out boots to ones that are actually upgradeable.

Is the The Four mod compatible with v6?

That Robe of Eloquence sure looks good. Permanent improved alacrity, will probably progress through the game much quicker ( fast pre-buffing ).

Right. Could also change a pair of worn out boots to ones that are actually upgradeable.

That Robe of Eloquence sure looks good. Permanent improved alacrity, will probably progress through the game much quicker ( fast pre-buffing ).

Just don't forget to pick up the Worn Out Boots from the Dusty Rose Ioun Stone challenge in the Asylum. They're needed to complete the quest, but retrieve them afterwards.

The Four is compatible with the IA Premium, that I've tested. Haven't tested it with the original Ia v6 yet. Probably they're compatible. A word of advice though - the Guardian of the Ring is immune to everything except level drain. Use Black Blade of Disaster to get rid of him. Not sure if the Energy Drain spell has any effect, but even if it does, you'll need more than 10 copies to kill the lich. All other guardians are easy enough to kill. BTW the gloves are almost as important as the robe. But I'd never consider giving the robe to Necro PC - it's best suited for the party sorcerer. However an evil Necro PC could get decreased casting speed of 5 total with the help of the gloves, allowing him to shoot Breaches and Ruby Rays at instant speed.

Mages suffering negative effects from the Robe of Eloquence (can't be healed, can't be Restored by GR) can regain health by using LMD and VT spells. Another option for them to regain health is increasing a resistance value above 100% and hitting them with that same damage type.

Just don't forget to pick up the Worn Out Boots from the Dusty Rose Ioun Stone challenge in the Asylum. They're needed to complete the quest, but retrieve them afterwards.

The Four is compatible with the IA Premium, that I've tested. Haven't tested it with the original Ia v6 yet. Probably they're compatible. A word of advice though - the Guardian of the Ring is immune to everything except level drain. Use Black Blade of Disaster to get rid of him. Not sure if the Energy Drain spell has any effect, but even if it does, you'll need more than 10 copies to kill the lich. All other guardians are easy enough to kill. BTW the gloves are almost as important as the robe. But I'd never consider giving the robe to Necro PC - it's best suited for the party sorcerer. However an evil Necro PC could get decreased casting speed of 5 total with the help of the gloves, allowing him to shoot Breaches and Ruby Rays at instant speed.

Mages suffering negative effects from the Robe of Eloquence (can't be healed, can't be Restored by GR) can regain health by using LMD and VT spells. Another option for them to regain health is increasing a resistance value above 100% and hitting them with that same damage type.

I will be tweaking the Four encounters to trigger regardless of class/alignment

You say casting speed of -5 ( Hades -1 , Gloves of Weaving -1 ), that's -2.

Memory of the Apprenti (-2) is also a Robe, so can't be worn at the same time.

EDIT: Probably you mean Apprenti, Hades, Gloves? Isn't that -4 ?

So what about that Golem Slayer?

I will be tweaking the Four encounters to trigger regardless of class/alignment

You say casting speed of -5 ( Hades -1 , Gloves of Weaving -1 ), that's -2.

Memory of the Apprenti (-2) is also a Robe, so can't be worn at the same time.

EDIT: Probably you mean Apprenti, Hades, Gloves? Isn't that -4 ?

So what about that Golem Slayer?

You forget Foreknowledge. That's -5.

Dunno, Golem Slayer still seems to be overpowered. Because of the crushing damage resistance. I'd consider it to be balanced if you make it useable by warriors, but remove the 25% crushing damage resistance bonus.

The Robe. Ok, so to heal during rest you need to remove it. When you remove it, you loose one spell per level. Meaning you have to re-fix your spell book. Fine for a Sorcerer I guess.

That's a no-no for everybody else. Tweaked that as well xD

Probably be giving the Robe of Eloquence to the Berseker/Mage. v5 Bard is back, and now with LVL 9 Spells. Muahaha.

Add immunity to fear to Paladins, and game should be fun again xD. How would one do that btw?

The Robe. Ok, so to heal during rest you need to remove it. When you remove it, you loose one spell per level. Meaning you have to re-fix your spell book. Fine for a Sorcerer I guess.

That's a no-no for everybody else. Tweaked that as well xD

Probably be giving the Robe of Eloquence to the Berseker/Mage. v5 Bard is back, and now with LVL 9 Spells. Muahaha.

Add immunity to fear to Paladins, and game should be fun again xD. How would one do that btw?

Just cast sufficient amount of Larloch's Minor Drain or Vampiric Touch spells before resting, and you won't need to unequip the robe. If you want, cast the spells at ground items.

You cannot give the Robe to a dualclass. However, you can use it with Use Any Item.

Paladins already have their immunity to Fear - either via the Warlord's Blade, or via the Dragonslayer sword. That won't make them stronger however. They're puny.

That's too time consuming. Easy fix in Near Infinity takes 2 seconds.

Dual Class works just fine in my game with the Robe :). Robe seems ok even in Chapter 2/3 and Underdark. Few spell slots available so not much to work with ( as opposed to Edwin/Nalia ). Remember, Necro wears Amulet of Hades and Robe of Vecna pre-spellhold, so he gets both the Quick Casting Speed and Additional Spells. Quick Stoneskin in the midst of combat is the only useful advantage, without it you may need to retreat a bit and wait for your Round to start. You have to Stoneskin anyway in the midst of combat, since you can not heal if you get hurt, so keeping permanent Stoneskin/PFMW is important and maybe throw a RROR here and there. Yes it's useful in Planar Prison/Shade Lord/Thax and throughout Underdark, but I wouldn't say imbalanced. After Underdark you would get Alacrity Anyway. I mean Edwin ( vanilla or turned into an Sorcerer ) wearing the Robe of Eloquence would probably be stronger than a B/M with it.

2 Worthless Items. Besides immunity to fear is needed all throughout the game. Would probably have to be added to an item he wears for longs periods ( armor/helmet ). Paladins with Grandmastery of course. Still not very convinced since Riskbreakers are several times more powerful. 2 Riskbreakers in the party probably equals 4 Paladins with Grandmastery or probably 5-6 without Grandmastery.

Thinking about making Cernd a B/M with the Robe of Eloquence. His +4 Cloak will pretty much turn into a +1 Cloak ( Robe does +3 saves, Cloak does -4 ). So you basically spend 50.000 GP and Scroll of Memory Boosting before Spellhold to negate the Robes effect. Grandmastery in Staves and probably wield Rynn early and Golem Slayer/Staff of Ram later on. Now you said earlier Golem Slayer is wearable by a Fighter/Mage Dual ( since you thought on a pure Fighter it's too strong with the Crushing Resistance )

-&--#62; Oak of the High Forest

Regeneration: 6 hit points per round

Immunity to Imprisonment

+10 bonus to max hp

THAC0: +4 bonus

Damage: 1D6 + 4

Usable By: Cernd

-&--#62; Enhanced Oak of the High Forest +5

Regeneration: 6 hit points per round

+20% Resistance to Physical damage

Immunity to Imprisonment

+15 bonus to max hp

THAC0: +5 bonus

Damage: 1D6 + 5

Special:

With each successful hit, there is 15% chance to inflict 5d6 additional crushing damage.

Usable By: Cernd

With Staff of Rynn +4/Cleric Staff +3 early on for him, I don't see much point for his +4 Upgraded Staff. He would already have his "Berserk" ability for Imprisonment. Regeneration doesn't quite go well with the Robe of Eloquence, therefore worthless. +10 HP Bonus, well B/M already has plenty of HP.

Now the Enhanced Oak +5, comes in ToB, not quite sure exactly when. 20% Physical Resistance might seem nice, but he will be under Stoneskin/Blur/Mirror Image/PFMW always, since he can't be healed during combat. ToB is is a walkover except Yaga Shura and EDE anyway. Still... seems to have an edge over Golem Slayer ( crushing damage would be more useful in ToB than Fragmentize, more Skeletons overall I'd say). What do you think about this?

Next. Valygar the Vagrant. His +2 Katana and +5 Katana turned into Axes. All their abilities kept the same. He starts with his Armor ( 25% magic damage resistance ). On Hard or Insane, this won't be enough to save him from CC-3X ADHW ( maybe if he gets extremely lucky ). So PFME is still needed on him ( tested this in Underdark ). Now his improved armor will be 50% Magic Damage Resistance. That's after Underdark. A vagrant protagonist gets the Cloak of Magic Shielding in Spellhold which is 50% Magic Damage Resistance. Vagrant protagonist also gets 10% physical damage resistance to his upgraded Armor later on. Valygar doesn't. Sure Valygars Armor gets 50% fire/acid resistance, but the Vagrant already has good elemental resistances, plus he can always quick cast "Resist Fire/Cold" to further increase his resistances. You think Valygars Upgraded Armor might be a bit too much Fire/Acid Resistance paired with Vagrants elemental resistances? I could definitely tone it down to... maybe 25% Fire/Acid?

Jaheira turned into a Ranger/Cleric. For XP and Harper Pin ( 25% magic damage resistance, as with Valygar, won't save her from CC-3X ADHW )

Treefolks Arm +3 if forged before Underdark or +4 if forged after. Sounds about right, no? For example, if forged in Chapter 2/3 then it's +3, then another upgrade in late SoA when +4 weapons are needed. Or if forged after Underdark then straight +4.

Let's say 20.000 GP for +1 Enchantment and +1 Thac0 ( damage bonus is meaningless ). I mean the Treefolks Arm already takes 50.000 GP and another 25.000 GP for Blackblood, not to mention a Permanency Scroll. So total investment would be 95.000 GP + Permanency Scroll for a good +4 Club in late SoA.

There are no good +4 Clubs in late SoA. Except Rimed Club, which is a bit weak, and also comes a bit late. Also making Treefolks arm useable by Fighters, Riskbreaker would probably wear it.

Dwarven Thrower +3 ( Warhammer ). Removed ranged/throwing ability and made it useable by all. It's around 33.000 GP in Chapters 2/3. Give this to Ranger/Cleric together with a Shield. What do you think?

Necro Protag: Memory of Apprenti, Lord of Hades.

Cend (B/M): Start with Grandmastery in Staves (Cleric Staff +3, Staff of Rynn +4), then up Halberds. Robe of Eloquence early and Gloves of Weaving ( -1 casting speed ) later on. Also late game with Staff of Ram, Poseidon, Golem Slayer, Enhanced Oak (?) for weapons.

Valygar (Vagrant ): His katanas turned to Axes, and of course Grandmastery in Axes. Frostreaver/Stonefire early, then later switch to Crom/Thor in main hand + Gloves that give 1/2 Attack. Off-hand maybe Axe, or Defender of Easthaven +4.

Riskbreaker #1: Start with Grandmastery in Clubs, for Treefolks Arm, and Club +3. Later Treefolks Arm +4, then slowly add Grandmastery in Long Swords. Eventually to wield Judgement Day in main-hand ( found an easy way to trigger the whole Encounter with a non-warrior Protagonist )

Riskbreaker #2: Start with Grandmastery in Flails for FoA +3 and Phosphorus. Slowly add Grandmastery in Bastards for Foebane +5.

Jaheira (Ranger/Cleric): Dwarven Thrower +3 and Shield early on. Later Rimed Club. Late ToB, not quite sure, might get Treefolks Arm +4 in main hand from the Riskbreaker.

How does the party look?

Well, the party looks very overpowered. They would be powerful enough with just the NPC class changes. Only weak point is probably Valygar, because if you want to play on Insane, his physical resistances and HP are insufficient for survival.

BTW you won't be able to trigger the Gloves encounter if you have no druid in the party, and there are no druid NPCs except Cernd and Jaheira who you already tweaked.

I advise giving Valygar the clubs in the beginning and focus on getting WarHammer proficiencies with the Riskbreaker. That way you can make use of the changes in the Dwarven Thrower, since the other ways to obtain a +3 Warhammer pre-spellhold are either fighting Alhoon early (which is very hard) or wasting a Permanency scroll to upgrade the De'Arnise keep +2 warhammer (which is not sound because of the valuable resources spent on a useless item).

Edwin won't be powerful enough with Eloquence. His casting speed will always be too high (no Foreknowledge, no AoP).

Stone- and Ironskins in IA have casting speed of 0, no matter what the description says. Same true about Hardiness. They still can be interrupted, but very hard - more likely never if you're careful enough.

The Golem Slayer can be used by fighters even as it is - naturally, fighter-mages or fighter-clerics of some sort. Or with UAI. My Berserker-Mage for example makes very good use of it. The staff is excellent for almost the entire chapters 6 and 7 - it does more damage to gem golems than Staff of Strength or Staff of Rynn. Not to mention it also applies extra damage vs Greater bone golems, (greater) Elemental golems, etc.

Golemslayer is not useable by F/M, unless you modify the item in NI and baldur.bcs

Not even gonna bother now with you.

The Golem Slayer can be used by fighters even as it is - naturally, fighter-mages or fighter-clerics of some sort. Or with UAI. My Berserker-Mage for example makes very good use of it. The staff is excellent for almost the entire chapters 6 and 7 - it does more damage to gem golems than Staff of Strength or Staff of Rynn. Not to mention it also applies extra damage vs Greater bone golems, (greater) Elemental golems, etc.

Golemslayer is not useable by F/M, unless you modify the item in NI and baldur.bcs

Not even gonna bother now with you.

Hm no, I just mixed up the names of Rod of Smiting and Golem Slayer...that's that. I use the Rod of Smiting - that's what I meant, it can be used by F/M and F/C types.

You can watch my videos of chapter 6 and 7 no-reload, almost finished uploading them, there you will see that it's actually the blue Rod of Smiting I use on my B-M (the upgraded Golem Slayer was orange or yellow I think).

Just as a side note, having completed all of SoA (except Irenicus on the tree) and almost the entire WK (barring Ancient dragon) with no unlimited gp or xp exploits in a no-reload, I can tell you that the items available are powerful enough (sometimes even overpowered) and don't need any tweaking. It's the tactics and knowledge of enemy weaknesses that win you the fight, not some further tweaked items.

It's ok, got my 200.000GP Refund from Cromwell. Rynn did just fine from Chapter 3 to Staff of Ram.

Items don't make the game, kits do.

Just stop talking about no xp exploits. You are level 31 Mage at Orcus. Those are late ToB levels lmao.

I win fights just fine, without resorting to Barbarian Essences, Shapeshit abuse, 7 levels above normal, ET CETERA xD

It's ok, got my 200.000GP Refund from Cromwell. Rynn did just fine from Chapter 3 to Staff of Ram.

What do you mean by that refund thing? Did you kill Cromwell prior to leaving SoA? Never tried that. Then again, I'd not kill him if he drops all gold that I've given him for upgrades. It is equal to applying an unlimited gold exploit for the ToB part of the game IMO.

Rynn can be found a bit later though, otherwise I 100% agree. Staff of Strength +4 is simply too resource-demanding. If there was a +3 quarterstaff to be found in chapters 3-6, then another story.

Items don't make the game, kits do.

+1. I tried an Insane no-reload run with just vanilla kits and NPCs. It was a total failure.

Just stop talking about no xp exploits. You are level 31 Mage at Orcus. Those are late ToB levels lmao.

I'm clearly stating that this is without any *unlimited* xp or gold exploits. Some of the unlimited exploits I limited to 6 times, some didn't even attempt (because I'd spoil them by doing so, and I really don't wanna spoil them for everyone to see - namely Sikret).

Still, prolonging some of the hardest IA fights in order to collect more xp is pretty dangerous on Insane No-reload, I assure you. The Rune Assassins, Kruin, the Good, the Bad and the Ugly, Umar the Witch are all fights that can be won quite a lot faster, easier and with far less risks if one focuses to win them fast instead of prolonging them 1 hour in hopes to kill all minor summons for just a bit more gold and xp. Heck even draining Belm's and Ashideena's Ghost spiders early-game, or the first drow ambush's Ghost Spiders is very, very dangerous.

Mage level 31 can be achieved without any xp exploits except draining IA monsters of minion summons. You simply have to keep some of your fighters dead for the most part of the SoA game. Or if you play with a 4-person party for that matter.

I win fights just fine, without resorting to Barbarian Essences, Shapeshit abuse, 7 levels above normal, ET CETERA xD

I tried Orcus once or twice on Core - no Barbarian essences required to win. On Insane, it's a lot more different. Moreover, this is one of the fights for which Sikret himself states to be very hard (from his Core point of view and play, mind you) without resorting to Barbarian Essences. BTW one other fight for which Barbarian essences are recommended is the Supreme Gith Leader, and as you can see, I used zero vs him.

Shapeshift to a Spider has its enormous pitfalls, and in the one battle I applied it I was literally stuck in Spider form far longer than I desired to. I mean, it's not an easy thing to do. I consider it a last resort, in fights where I urgently need more fighters and no mages.

And one last thing: I'm the last person who will tell you how to play the game. Every player should decide that for himself. It's obvious you're not competing in any challenges or anything, just having fun - I'm 100% behind that and any changes you may seem fit. I was just worried that this major item tweaking could spoil your fun. That was my point about making those previous comments. If I'm wrong and you're having fun with the item tweaks - disregard all my previous opinions.

Just as a side note, I'd really consider it a big favor if you give me tips on how to create, for example, the Amulet of Hades in a solo game with a F/M/T or F/M/C. Basically the thing that stops me of trying a solo insane no-reload run is the lack of immunity to silence to such a character.

Just as a side note, I'd really consider it a big favor if you give me tips on how to create, for example, the Amulet of Hades in a solo game with a F/M/T or F/M/C. Basically the thing that stops me of trying a solo insane no-reload run is the lack of immunity to silence to such a character.

a) 1)Download Near Infinity

2) Edit Baldur.bcs and Baldur25.bcs in Near Infinity. There you'll see tons of lines like IF PLAYER X Has ITEM EQUIPED (s!boot03.itm) THEN blah blah. That's how items unusable by "Use any Item" are made in this mod. The 2 above .bcs files are constantly running while you play the game. That's why you can equip those items with UAI, but as soon as these scripts "catch up" they get un-equiped to your inventory. Feel free to delete all lines which resemble the above italics. There, your UAI is now really "use ANY item". There are other anti-cheat measures (if you have more than 12 million XP the it's KILL(Player 1). Lol.) Freely delete them all.

3) Edit item file of Hades Amulet. It should be something like "s!amul03.itm" or the like (04.itm etc). You'll see "usability flags". Tinker around those a bit, you can make it usable by everyone with a single click.

4)Use CLUAConsole:CreateItem("s!amul03") to give yourself your newly created amulet.

b)For a non-silence game, take Cernd. Save the game and open it in Shadowkeeper. Check out Cernd's "Affects" tab. Copy the line which makes him silence-immune to your character (you'll recognize it). With this, you don't even need Near Infinity, and scripts can't harm your game.

c)3. option - download "Dungeon Crawl" mod. It's very easy and you can buy mage robe which gives +3 casting speed and "Vocalize" which cannot be "Silenced". Cool, eh? It's a nice little mod, and will not harm your game.

P.S.

If you use a) you'll need to edit 1 more area script (Pocket Plane), the one for EDE. There, the game checks for cheating items once again (it's a booby trap. Just when you think how you've succesfully hacked the mod - bam!) An easy workaround is simply renaming the itm file of Hades amulet - I'm not sure which is it, but it's something like s!amul06.itm (or 3, whatever, use Shadowkeeper to check). Rename it however you like (example : saros.itm) and give it to youself. You still need NI to make it usable by your multiclass.

Archived