Enough material for new version?

Salk

A couple of months have passed and ToBEx (that now can be easily included by any mod in the form of redistributable) has been tested rather extensively by modders with very good results.

I wonder if the general feelings about the BG2 Fixpack coming with optional ToBEx engine bug fixes is still the same among the fixpackers?

Why not just install TobEx along with the Fixpack? Because I understand this viewpoint:

I support BG2Fixpack in continuing to make changes to game resources without touching the engine for a reason similarly to the bigg's explanation - it makes my life hell to account for compatibility issues. I have enough trouble thinking about how TobEx may clash with Infinity Animations and Widescreen Mod, for example, let alone SCS and SR and whatnot.
And well, then there's this viewpoint:
I think a reasonable, achievable time frame would be something approaching the end of February, though I reserve the right to ignore that deadline indefinitely for no reason. :)
In other words, the Ascension64's release schedule is a lot more accelerated than whoever's maintaining the Fixpack (eh... and who is maintaining it these days?).
Why not just install TobEx along with the Fixpack?

That is exactly what I do. But I believe the scenario here changed and some of those old constraints are no longer substantial. SCS has switched to support ToBEx fully and I suspect SR will follow soon. The "standardization" process that scared so many when I first spoke of (making exe hacks obsolete) seems to be well on its way.

(eh... and who is maintaining it these days?)

Who indeed?

Nah, just given the scope of the documentation there has never been, nor will there ever be, a quick Fixpack release. I think a reasonable, achievable time frame would be something approaching the end of February, though I reserve the right to ignore that deadline indefinitely for no reason. ;)

There's probably quite a bit of new stuff to be incorporated, and some beta fixes need to be moved in to the core component as they've been 'beta' for a couple of years now.

I wonder if anyone could give us a hint about the next version of the Fixpack.

It would be nice to finally have the new GTU Light and those Nythrun's fixes Wisp mentioned some time ago.

Thanks!

I'm with the old crowd on this.

Something I haven't seen before, but could easily be done is just a textual suggestion at the end of the bg2 fixpack install (eg. "some people like to remove a few hardcoded engine bugs with tobex, see thisurl").

Archived