Cannot install component following "Weaken Insect plague"

Anomaly

Hi,

First of all, congratulations for making a Linux compatible version of SCS.

First, you still need to "tolower" the archive, some files are still using upper case.

But the real problem is that I can't install the component following "Weaken Inspect plague", I get the following :

ERROR: No translation provided for @2000

ERROR: problem parsing TP file [setup-scs.tp2]: Not_found

FATAL ERROR: Not_found

Press ENTER to exit.

And the weidu.log does not get written, resulting to a corrupted install.

This is on BGT, Linux, and Linux version of SCS. Tried with both English and French with no success.

Fixed for 230.

Also, you should use REQUIRE_PREDICATE ENGINE_IS ~tob~ && FILE_EXISTS ~bgmain.exe~ rather than REQUIRE_PREDICATE (~%WEIDU_OS%~ STRING_EQUAL_CASE ~WIN32~) - ToBEx is also available on Linux and Mac, provided it's running the Windows executable via Wine or equivalents (this is automatic for Linux players and available to all Intel Mac users).

Fixed for 230.

Also, you should use REQUIRE_PREDICATE ENGINE_IS ~tob~ && FILE_EXISTS ~bgmain.exe~ rather than REQUIRE_PREDICATE (~%WEIDU_OS%~ STRING_EQUAL_CASE ~WIN32~) - ToBEx is also available on Linux and Mac, provided it's running the Windows executable via Wine or equivalents (this is automatic for Linux players and available to all Intel Mac users).

Got it.

And this is also true for the "hack bgmain.exe" part ; it was working perfectly on Linux under previous versions, so we shouldn't be barred out of exe hacks (nor tobex I suppose) because we're on Linux.

I checked French, English, German, Spanish ; none of them got a @2000 anywhere in their .tra file.

Does WeiDU have the capability to detect Wine?

-Galactygon

OK, new and more Linux-friendly version silently uploaded. You'll have to do whatever tolower-ing is required yourself (and ideally tell me which files are relevant) as I don't want to do anything that sweeping without a full install check, which I don't have time for today. But this should fix the missing string, and also stop discriminating against Windows emulators.

No - the best approximation is checking that bgmain.exe exists (since the default OSX executable has a different name) and assume the user installed Wine on its own.

OK, new and more Linux-friendly version silently uploaded. You'll have to do whatever tolower-ing is required yourself (and ideally tell me which files are relevant) as I don't want to do anything that sweeping without a full install check, which I don't have time for today. But this should fix the missing string, and also stop discriminating against Windows emulators.

You just need to run tolower.exe from the Windows distribution of WeiDU, and this doesn't require any install check because Windows has a case-insensitive file name.

No - the best approximation is checking that bgmain.exe exists (since the default OSX executable has a different name) and assume the user installed Wine on its own.

You just need to run tolower.exe from the Windows distribution of WeiDU, and this doesn't require any install check because Windows has a case-insensitive file name.

My nervousness is that the Linux version that you very kindly coded for me had managed to scramble a few files (the ToBEx dll, and a couple of CRE files). I don't know whether that was the tolower, or something else that happened betwixt your computer and mine... if it couldn't possibly have been tolower, I'll follow your advice (though I've already uploaded the silent fix so it probably will have to wait).

Ok, now it's much better with the new version, but I cannot install Smarter Mages.

FATAL ERROR (SSL cannot find file requested [scs/mage/combatblocks/attacks_on_PC_defences.ssl] at line 2418) at scs/ssl/ssl.pl line 898.

attempting to open file scs/mage/combatblocks/attacks_on_PC_defences.ssl ...Copying 1 file ...

ERROR: error loading [scs/mage/ssl_out/dw#mage.baf]

Stopping installation because of error.

ERREUR pendant l'installation de [Les mages utilisent des sorts de BG1 et BG2 ; les mages se preparent], retour a l'etat anterieur

Will uninstall 18 files for [setup-scs.tp2] component 5033.

Uninstalled 18 files for [setup-scs.tp2] component 5033.

The file "scs/mage/combatblocks/attacks_on_PC_defences.ssl" is requested, and of course since I tolower'red the game, the file is called attacks_on_pc_defences.ssl.

Tolower (should) only change the file name. Define 'scrambled'.

I have to say I don't entirely know. "modified so that patching them led to error messages and NI wouldn't open them" in the case of the CRE files. "modified so that it didn't run", in the case of the DLL. If you've still got the version you uploaded for me, check scsii/ii/CRE - I think at least ii2 was corrupted.

(Sounds like it couldn't have had anything to do with Tolower, though.)

It wasn't tolower; I converted scsII to scsii in SSL files (which require lowercasing because they're handled outside of WeiDU), and apparently sed decided to translate Windows EOL to Unix EOL in those files. Ah, the fun things one discovers once he's not afraid of the hex editor...

Ok, now it's much better with the new version, but I cannot install Smarter

The file "scs/mage/combatblocks/attacks_on_PC_defences.ssl" is requested, and of course since I tolower'red the game, the file is called attacks_on_pc_defences.ssl.

Why do you need to tolower it?

Archived