Is there a specific release date-Sounds Interesting

This seems like a very good thing to be done to a game where most characters are broken. Not even nwn had it this bad with pure cheese. A Wizardslayer dual classed to a thief can cast spells=no sense. Thats at least how i always felt. I like playing a game with characters that are human that arent the best out there, but have strengths. With bg2, its either dual class, or monk, archer, undead hunter. I found that playing as a pure class like something of the jester sort, you wont even be able to do a thing.

I am wondering when (if there is any) specified date to when this will be released? I am looking forward to downloading this.

P.S. I dont know if one can donate money to help you guys, but i might be in the position to soon. I dont know how i would go about doing that.

Either way, all the best. Glad to know there are people that still shape this godlike engine.

Asking me about release dates is almost a waste of time because I almost always fail to finish my work before them.

Let's say that at least this mod should be the "smallest" one compared to SR and IR (the latter is really a monster), thus discussing it is by far the hardest part of it imo.

On a side note, Fighter's classes (without HLAs) as already finished (except WS) and I may start releasing them as a mini mod after IR V3.

Asking me about release dates is almost a waste of time because I almost always fail to finish my work before them.

Let's say that at least this mod should be the "smallest" one compared to SR and IR (the latter is really a monster), thus discussing it is by far the hardest part of it imo.

On a side note, Fighter's classes (without HLAs) as already finished (except WS) and I may start releasing them as a mini mod after IR V3.

Sorry bout that. Im in no hurry and would rather it get done than not. I will go on and keep on trying to contribute to the "realism" of this mod as much as i can. This is a very important mod as Rogues Rebalancing was a major let down for me as i found it to be way way too plausible. This mod and the direction you are trying to take it make it much more balanced.

I also hope someone will take care of this mod because a lot of work have already be involve in it.  For my part, I always play with kit revisions and I enjoy it.

Some minor bugs :

-barbar/berseker cannot use rage ability, offensive, stance/defensive stance, called shoot while silenced and I think many other  kit abilities are not usable while silenced.

-barbare no have access to offensive stance. (maybe it is intended but description does not mention it).

- barbare can use larger shield. ( they should no )

Rebalancing ideas :

- the standard ranger looks a bit weak ( ranger kit are better). 

- kensai is too weak and not convenient at all. (it should be allowed to get +1 star in missile weapons for convenience). Because currently the kensai is naked, forced to fight in melee and not a so strong DPS also.

-I would allow monk and kensai to use some mage robes (elemental resistance robes)because it is frustrating to not be able to  use  magical equipement item in BG2.

-I also would allow kensai to use bracers...

Edited by DrAzTiK
3 hours ago, DrAzTiK said:

Some minor bugs :

-barbare no have access to offensive stance. (maybe it is intended but description does not mention it).

The kits have op'd-in stances and features, not out. So if their description doesn't mention a spell that wins the game, then they don't get one. But if it does, they do get it.

On 7/19/2019 at 10:20 AM, DrAzTiK said:

Check the French Readme ;) it does have access to offensive stance. 

On 7/19/2019 at 10:20 AM, DrAzTiK said:

- the standard ranger looks a bit weak ( ranger kit are better). 

- kensai is too weak and not convenient at all. (it should be allowed to get +1 star in missile weapons for convenience). Because currently the kensai is naked, forced to fight in melee and not a so strong DPS also.

-I would allow monk and kensai to use some mage robes (elemental resistance robes)because it is frustrating to not be able to  use  magical equipement item in BG2.

-I also would allow kensai to use bracers...

• For the standard ranger I agree with you kits are better especially stalker. But kits and classes have been revised to be more realistic and ranger, except Aragorn :D, is not suited to front combat everytime. 
  • Kensai as well as archer's abilities, the most powerful fighters in terms of Thaco, have been considerably limited which can explain that they are weaker. For bracers you just have to install the appropriate component from Item Revisions. However I would not allow kensai to have access to mage robes, that doesn't make sense with the kit itself, same for monk.

I also had played with KR and as for Monk I can guarantee you that it is very powerful if well used, and don't forget that ennemies kits/class are also affected. Illasera even with Ascension and Stratagems is easily defeated. It's mages who are the ennemies to be feared.

Demi once wrote and with IR and SR, KR will rule. Maybe one day, I hope.

About barbarian, I think he's getting "charge attack" instead of "offensive stance".  But contrary to offensive stance, charge attack is a little bit different and  is lasting only one round (!).

Speaking about that, The big problem about kensai is that the Ki ability is also lasting only 1 round. From my experience,  the ability need to be very powerfull  if lasting only one round and it is not the case about "charge attack" (barbarian) and ki ability (kensai).

==> maybe the duration should increase depending about the level character

I would allow kensai (and berseker) to use missile weapons but I would forbid them to put even one stars in profenciency in missile   weapons.

About rangers : I think his special abilities (charm animal and tracking) are not very interesting.

Edited by DrAzTiK