Chicks and Chainmail

Bri

For those few who read fantasy anthologies, you may know of Esther Freisner and her Chicks and Chainmail series. Spoofing the whole idea of scantily clad female warriors, Freisner is now up to book 5.

For a sample read of her newest one,Turn The Other Chick, you may wish to go here:

http://www.baen.com/chapters/W200411/0743488571.htm?blurb

As a Baen book, they put the first few sample chapters up for reading. Other books of hers can be found here:

http://www.baen.com/author_catalog.asp?author=efriesner

My personal favorite title? Chicks'n'Chained Males.

Bah- somehow, gamers always seem to over sexualize the women characters, but you -never- see a man in, say, a chain mail loincloth or what have you.

... right?!

... chainmail loin cloth... wow... some very uncomfortable moments... then again, chainmail bikinis can't be all that comfortable too. Blah. I think we should develop some scantily clad armor that's suitable for both genders, and that doesn't hurt inappropriate places! Yeah!

Bah- somehow, gamers always seem to over sexualize the women characters, but you -never- see a man in, say, a chain mail loincloth or what have you.

... right?!

... chainmail loin cloth... wow... some very uncomfortable moments... then again, chainmail bikinis can't be all that comfortable too. Blah. I think we should develop some scantily clad armor that's suitable for both genders, and that doesn't hurt inappropriate places! Yeah!

Considering most of the literature (when it wasn't meant tongue in cheek like the aforementioned series) pandered to male readers, they followed the old axiom of 'sex sells'.

What is scary, though, is how many neophytes who initially join the SCA think chainmail bikinis are the norm...until some older person knocks some sense into them.

no, but i have written knights in chainmail jockstraps and other really disturbing things... :rolleyes:

and since i already own about 3 of the chicks series, maybe i should take a look, if i get too bored with "shadows of saganami" the new david weber book...

nah..got some games to play..kotor has taken over my life.. :D

:rolleyes: It could be arranged...

*runs off cackling with her pencils clutched firmly in one hand*

I've drawn pics of men in scanty leather armour...does that count? :D

Archived