Old spell restore mod

DarkWon

Hey, there used to be a mod which made your spells restore after a set period of time (determined by player).

It was bugged because it always restored highest level spells 1st. So, if you cast 5 x 1st, 3 x 3rd and 2 x 9th level spells, you would get 10 x 9th level spells back. So enemy mages after X amount of time would start spamming 9th level spells non-stop.

Would it be super easy to change it to restore lowest level spells first? If so I will try to do it myself. Or is the spell-restore an opcode thing which can't be changed?

Thanks

I have the iispellsystem mod stashed somewhere, it was coded by Igi. It was in the TeamBG.eu's site...

I already made a few improvements to the mod, like that you can make the spells be restored in with level set amount of time delay etc, and that the level 1 spells only restiored level 1 spells, level 2 spells could restore the level 2 or level 1 spells, but only one so. etc... I'll have to look whee I stashed it though.

It was super easy to recode actually...

Dude. So not only you made it restore the correct spell level, but you can also set different timers for different spell levels now?! Thats exactly what I would have done myself had I the talent to.

I'm thinking something like 180 sec for 1st level, then +60 sec per spell level up (so that 9th level spells are almost never recovered). The same rules are applied to enemy spellcasters still, correct?

For me, this mod gets rid of some of the annoyance at low levels, where 95% of your sleeps are to restore those lonely 2 magic missile spell slots.

Thanks so much!!

I'm thinking something like 180 sec for 1st level, then +60 sec per spell level up (so that 9th level spells are almost never recovered).
Well, the 660 seconds is just 11 real minutes... it's not "never", but in the battle in BG2 terms it is almost, yes.

The same rules are applied to enemy spellcasters still, correct?
Well, if they use the arcane and divine spells then yes, as the mod components modify them.

One thing that should be noticed in the install orders, the mod should be installed after all the mods that modify the spells, or the spells installed after won't be effected.

One thing that should be noticed in the install orders, the mod should be installed after all the mods that modify the spells, or the spells installed after won't be effected.

Hmm, I installed it after SCS and Spell Revisions (the only two mods i have which would affect spells). I played all the way through EasyTutu, and it worked great!! but did notice a couple of bugs. Icons were wrong in the casting menu (but not in spellbook) and Cure Serious Wounds caused the recipient to become paralysed (dispel magic cured this).

Now I started BG2 and noticed the spell icons were still wrong, and Mass Cure was permanently adding to my max HP each time i cast it :laugh:

Everything is fine again now after I uninstalled Spell Adjustments :hm:. Wish i could make it work with SCS/Spell Revisions bug free, as its a fantastic mod otherwise!

Archived