Working port to Ios

Guest SyntaxError

Running it on ipad 2 and it's flawless so far!

For those of you who have problem with the small text font, here's an easy fix:

http://www.gog.com/en/forum/baldur_s_gate/...ze_is_too_small

Use the solution described by TehMarv and font size15, it's perfect on ipad screen!

Will report any issues/bugs I encounter.

:laugh: Oh yes. This UI text mod is a must have. Brilliant! You won't have any trouble with clicking the text you want.

New build:

1. syncs with latest git codebase. many many many bugfixes and changes.

2. I was really unhappy with the way scrollbars were working; there was no way to scroll to a position by giving the scrollbar a pixel value. So I completely rewrote gemrbs scrollbar code. it now supports per pixel scrolling and oddly enough is smaller and simpler (IMO).

Of course I haven't tested it much and there may be some unknown bugs so please come forward if any are found. Also text areas still dont support per pixel scrolling so they only scroll line by line even as their bar is pixel by pixel; you'll see what i mean.

1 "bug" i do know of is that if you interact directly with a scrollbar the textarea will loose focus making single finger drag scrolling inoperable in the current dialogue. this was the case before I rewrote the scrollbar code so it is not new.

download

Lastly I wanted to post a screenshot demonstrating the color difference between previous builds and the one where I fixed the colorkey.

Before:

gemrbipadlandscape.png

After:

gemrbipadcorrectcolors.png

I still have the wrong colours with the new build.

(how can I post screenshots to show? I took them on the ipad and have them on my computer, just don't know how to attach...)

if your colors are different then in the "after" screenshot then you don't have the latest build or more likely you launched the wrong app the name of the app is now simply GemRB not GemRB iOS. so you probably have two apps now.

(how can I post screenshots to show? I took them on the ipad and have them on my computer, just don't know how to attach...)

if your colors are different then in the "after" screenshot then you don't have the latest build or more likely you launched the wrong app the name of the app is now simply GemRB not GemRB iOS. so you probably have two apps now.

Did you post the correct link? App is still called GemRB iOS

I just double checked and yes i uploaded the correct one and it is only called gemrb not gemrb ios. However, i copied the link somebody posted for the ipa version of yore ;-) fixed now.

download

(how can I post screenshots to show? I took them on the ipad and have them on my compCuter, just don't know how to attach...)

I just double checked and yes i uploaded the correct one and it is only called gemrb not gemrb ios. However, i copied the link somebody posted for the ipa version of yore ;-) fixed now.

download

link is dead (error 404)

(how can I post screenshots to show? I took them on the ipad and have them on my compCuter, just don't know how to attach...)

download

link is dead (error 404)

By the way, since I installed the old link, now I can't save anymore (everywhere I try I get the in-game written/spoken message: "You cannot save at this time".

Anybody experiencing this ?

Guest Joshua

Hi from France, :laugh:

Sorry to intrude but I need help.

I have been following this thread for while but so far I'm getting nowhere getting GemRB to work with BG1. It just crashes upon opening.

Both zip and ipa methods don't seem to work for me. Actually when using the ipa file, I cannot locate Gemrb directory to update the conf file.

I just sent my conf file to eldonauran@yahoo.com.

Thanks for your help in advance.

:laugh: damn os x and its habit of moving zip files to the garbage after unzipping them. link is fixed.

Everybody please stop with the ipa build its at least 2 or 3 versions behind ATM.

If you are having trouble getting it to run download the iphone configuration utility from apple so you can view the console log. Its probably a permission issue at the very least.

Hi from France, :laugh:

Sorry to intrude but I need help.

I have been following this thread for while but so far I'm getting nowhere getting GemRB to work with BG1. It just crashes upon opening.

Both zip and ipa methods don't seem to work for me. Actually when using the ipa file, I cannot locate Gemrb directory to update the conf file.

I just sent my conf file to eldonauran@yahoo.com.

Thanks for your help in advance.

I've identified the issue and responded to the email. Let me know if you have any other issues.

New build:

1. syncs with latest git codebase. many many many bugfixes and changes.

2. I was really unhappy with the way scrollbars were working; there was no way to scroll to a position by giving the scrollbar a pixel value. So I completely rewrote gemrbs scrollbar code. it now supports per pixel scrolling and oddly enough is smaller and simpler (IMO).

I'm liking the new features, especially the dialogue scrolling. Works very well. No issues to report with the new stuff.

The right clicking is bothering me, however. The timing is hard to get down and I'm only getting it correct 10% of the time.

Guest Joshua

Thanks Guys. The console helped nail the issue.

Instructions says to specify 'CachePath=/Applications/GemRB iOS.app/Cache/'

Replacing 'GemRB iOs.app' by 'GemRB.app ' is what fixed the problem.

Game now starts fine on my Ipad 2 but still shows some issues.

Right and down panels are missing and moving characters around will get graphics to flicker like crazy.

Latest ipa shows wrong colours, recent zip is fine on this point, however both builds have the same flikering issues.

Hope you can help. Thanks

Guest Joshua
Thanks Guys. The console helped nail the issue.

Instructions says to specify 'CachePath=/Applications/GemRB iOS.app/Cache/'

Replacing 'GemRB iOs.app' by 'GemRB.app ' is what fixed the problem.

Right and down panels are missing and moving characters around will get graphics to flicker like crazy.

Latest ipa shows wrong colours, recent zip is fine on this point, however both builds have the same flikering issues.

Hope you can help. Thanks

I will email you the screenshot, can't get it into the post.

What game? what is your resolution set at?

There is no "latest ipa" as i said it is 2 or 3 builds old; im not the one who made the ipa.

The right clicking is bothering me, however. The timing is hard to get down and I'm only getting it correct 10% of the time.

what do you suggest? I haven't changed anything regarding events for a long while.

Archived