Working port to Ios

Guest SyntaxError

Guest Guest
Is the source of this project released and/or somewhere on git/svn/cvs whatever?

I've got a developer account and I believe I can add this to my ipad 2 without jailbreaking if I compile it myself.

The original GemRB project is on Sourceforge. No idea, if any ipad related works are public.

Well shouldn't all the modifications to the source code be submitted somewhere since it's supposed to be open source?

Just an svn repository like google docs will do fine!

all the gemrb bits will be integrated, SyntaxError already sent us the source. He's still cleaning it up though, so it's not included yet.

A big part is about fixing SDL and maybe other dependencies though.

I have only submitted the xcode project and a few code patches. I still have about 100 lines of code that need to be patched out and submitted. Everything needed to compile is already submitted the rest is related to virtual keyboard, multitouch, graphical issues, and being able to suspend gemrb and return to it again.

Don't get your hopes up about just being able to compile and play tho. Right now I'm using 5 different hacks in the SDL source code to get this to work right and without them you will be stuck playing in portrait mode. I'm trying to figure out ways of accomplishing what i need without hacks to SDL source, but one of the major ones is an acknowledged bug by the SDL people.

Can't you fork sdl and submit your version?

Even if i could i wouldn't. most if not all my hacks are dirty and quick and not the right way to do it. At least one of my code changes to SDL is just catching an exception and ignoring it instead of fixing whatever is causing the exception for example.

I will probably include some diff patches or at least links to them If i cant figure out a way to do what i need without changing SDL.

Guest believe

The bigger font mode doesn't work properly in ipad. The dialogue position mismatches with touch zone. It seems that the touch point is much lower than the texts. How to resolve this problem? Many thanks.

Hello, I recently tried install GemRB on my first gen. iPad gemrb with IWD + HOW. It's working great!

But there are some glitches:

- I'cannot disable touch scrolling area on sides of screen.

- Some graphics have bad colors.

- UI is broken (missing toolbars, collapsed menus)

21dea78d5e.jpg

30cfb69c4f.jpg

I dont have icewind dale so its kinda hard for me to troubleshoot.

I haven't yet included beholders patch because there isnt an alternative way of scrolling without an external keyboard. Until i get the 2 finger scrolling working or that patch is committed to git you will not be able to disable.

I wont have time to work on gemrb again until tomorrow evening or saturday morning.

The missing gui is the result of some scripting bug. Refresh your scripts (delete any old scripts that might be laying about).

If it still persists, try to produce a console log.

I have only scripts from SyntaxError's build, i will try use gemrb scripts from git.

Log is here: http://justpaste.it/doe (for menu)

If i switch to 800x600 resolution everything is ok (except colors).

Ok, if you switched resolution and it's ok, then probably you had some unsupported resolution which has no possible gui resources. The colors are the results of some ipad related hack about the masks. If there are differences in SDLVideo (around createsprite calls), i would try the original gemrb lines. Not all masks had to be zeroed out.

Ok, if you switched resolution and it's ok, then probably you had some unsupported resolution which has no possible gui resources. The colors are the results of some ipad related hack about the masks. If there are differences in SDLVideo (around createsprite calls), i would try the original gemrb lines. Not all masks had to be zeroed out.

I think HoW support 1024x768 resolution (ipad resolution).

Syntax, I have an actual interface issue this time. World map traveling. Unable to leave promenade and enter slums, as the map doesn't read a left click.

Update on this issue. Map does work, just the actual click locations are off. You'll need to click a bit down and to the right of the location you are traveling to in order to get there.

I reverted all my masks to git so I could fix the blue paper doll in BG2. Now I only 0 out the masks when SDL 1.3 would have complained (at run time not compile time). see SDL 1.3 requires all masks to be set or no masks be set, even the alpha.

I dont really feel like doing anything else with it since i dont have a game that has a problem. BG2 is fixed and thats the only game i have installed. Since i dont have IWD i cant backtrace the sprite calls to their exact origin.

I could always totally revert the masks to git and you would end up with black instead :laugh:

Archived