Working port to Ios

Guest SyntaxError

:laugh: Flawless Victory...

Scrolling works perfectly

Awesome... thanks SyntaxError

@JonathanPi, I will let you know what bugs (if any) I encounter in BGT, although to be honest I won't be able to play extensively until 2 weeks from now... can't wait!

Besides, with the imminent release of iPad2 JB, I'm very itchy install it there and see if it runs any better. Will keep you posted once it;s out and I've done it.

Anybody, please post video wich demonstrating two-finger gestures in youtube. Very interesting.

I dont have a youtube account but here is a short demo i just recorded. I apologize, the simulator runs slow as a fat dog especially when im recording the screen so its not very smooth, but i assure you its is quite smooth IRL. Also its in mpeg4 format because quicktime is the only software i have that can record screen.

download

SyntaxError

Great. But what is the reason to use multitouch for scrolling dialogs, item lists, etc. I think, single touch drag-to-scroll may be more comfortable, especially on small screens (iPhone)

I've uploaded the clip. you can watch it on above link

I see you did compile it yourself!

I'll be waiting for someone to release an easy-to-compile package since I decided I'll never jailbreak again and use my developer account to install open source projects.

SyntaxError

Great. But what is the reason to use multitouch for scrolling dialogs, item lists, etc. I think, single touch drag-to-scroll may be more comfortable, especially on small screens (iPhone)

The reason is simple. All this code is in SDLVideo where it belongs; there isn't a way (at least that i know of) to ask event manager what type of control has focus. All I am doing is having 2 finger drags send horizontal and vertical mouse-wheel events to the event manager.

If you want you can add a method to the event manager to return the currently focused control, but im not sure how to find what class an object is in c++.

@Vrokolos

That video is just the demo i recorded uploaded to youtube nobody but me has the source code for multitouch at this time.

The gui objects all got a type.

Add this to EventMgr, then you can use it from SDLVideo.

void EventMgr::GetFocusedControlType() {
 if (!last_win_focused) return -1;
 Control *ctrl = last_win_focused->GetFocus();
 if (!ctrl) return -1;
 return ctrl->ControlType;
}

See Control.h for the type values.

Thanks Avenger! that will do nicely.

Edit:

Hrm. it only seems to ever return IE_GUI_GAMECONTROL or IE_GUI_BUTTON and never IE_GUI_TEXTAREA or even IE_GUI_SCROLLBAR

I suppose i can work with that but it seems wrong

Edit2:

Ok the journal window does return IE_GUI_TEXTAREA but dialogue always returns IE_GUI_BUTTON

Edit3:

ok changing last_win_focused to last_win_mousefocused got the result im after. should probably rename this method to GetMouseFocusedControlType

Well im renegging on my promises of what was to be in the next build to deliver this one with some minor bug fixes in the scrollbar code and more importantly allowing any number of fingers (including just 1) to scroll textareas and also not issuing the mouse up event after scrolling. now when you scroll the viewport you dont have to worry about mistakenly issuing a command to move your party.

download

One more touch up before moving on.

this build make a minor adjustment to the scrollbar code that i feel is better for scrolling dialogue.

In bigger news this build also fixes the longstanding bug that was causing incorrect colors. So everybody enjoy playing gemrb on iPad with the correct colors for everything now. Looks much better :laugh:

download

Edit: if anybody downloaded that between when i posted it and this edit I would redownload as i failed to upload the correct zip.

this build make a minor adjustment to the scrollbar code that i feel is better for scrolling dialogue.

In bigger news this build also fixes the longstanding bug that was causing incorrect colors. So everybody enjoy playing gemrb on iPad with the correct colors for everything now. Looks much better :laugh:

download

Edit: if anybody downloaded that between when i posted it and this edit I would redownload as i failed to upload the correct zip.

Finally got a chance to test this .ipa version out. Good news. You no longer have to specify the location of the GemRB path in the .cfg file (awesome!) although you still need to specify the location of the game data, save and override folders. (Good luck finding the install path, lol. Look under /private/var/mobile/applications/ and find the folder in there that contains the gemrb ios.app folder.)

Dialogue colors are still gold for some reason.

Not sure why but .ipa version seems to run smoother on my system...

download

Finally got a chance to test this .ipa version out. Good news. You no longer have to specify the location of the GemRB path in the .cfg file (awesome!) although you still need to specify the location of the game data, save and override folders. (Good luck finding the install path, lol. Look under /private/var/mobile/applications/ and find the folder in there that contains the gemrb ios.app folder.)

Dialogue colors are still gold for some reason.

Not sure why but .ipa version seems to run smoother on my system...

the only difference between an ipa and the regular app is that it is on the other partition on the phone so that may be a factor. nothing else i can think of would give different performance.

as for the text i am aware; that has nothing to do with the color correction i mentioned. compare this build from the last ones (if you still have one cuz i always overwrite the old zip)

Archived