Working port to Ios

Guest SyntaxError

@Fabian A quick walkthrough for setting up? Sure. Least I can do to make this easier for other iPad users. My email is attached within if you have additional questions. Also, be sure you have at least 120 RAM free when attempting to run this, I can not comment on how well it will perform if you do not.

GemRB iOS iPad install guide

Also: Quick update on game progression so far:

I've made it out of Irenicus dungeon and into the Promenade. No issues to report. Game does appear to 'hang' on the area transition but it does not freeze, just takes a few moments to load. Irenicus' mage battle scene left me running about 26 free RAM during its entirety but quickly shot back up to 55 RAM when I received control back.

If found a link for GemRB that lists known bugs/glitches in the BG2 SOA playthrough. Glitches and Bugs. Be sure to read over this before you play so you can plan ahead accordingly.

from what ive read/been told widescreen mode isnt a function of the game engine so much as it is modifying game resources. and there is an existing wide screen mod that should do what you need. of course im sure some of those game resources that need to be modified are the gemrb guiscripts. If somebody modifies them for me ill distribute them with the iOS build.

That mode is for Android devices with resolution 480x800. If the problem is just with the graphical game resource, i'll make all what is need.

- trap issue: known bug in this release

- howto: please put it on the gemrb wiki, so it will be easier to find and everyone can contribute

- for different resolutions, if it works with the widescreen mod (a prerequisite anyway), it should with gemrb without any modification besides the change of the resolution in the config

- trap issue: known bug in this release

- howto: please put it on the gemrb wiki, so it will be easier to find and everyone can contribute

- for different resolutions, if it works with the widescreen mod (a prerequisite anyway), it should with gemrb without any modification besides the change of the resolution in the config

Is there a way to call the keyboard on request?

Sometimes it's useful, like pressing TAB to highlight objects on the screen.

Also, is bluetooth keyboard supported?

Is there a way to call the keyboard on request?

Sometimes it's useful, like pressing TAB to highlight objects on the screen.

Also, is bluetooth keyboard supported?

Bluetooth keyboard should be supported if iOS supports that. Currently you can summon the software keyboard on demand using any 3 finger gesture. I'm working on a highlighting gesture (which i believe is alt in gemrb not tab so you cant do it even with the virtual keyboard.)

I'm open to suggestions but i was planning on having items highlight when 2 fingers are touching the screen so any time you to the 2 finger drag to scroll the viewport things will automatically highlight.

Also im debating disabling the mouse cursor; I think it just gets in the way. thoughts?

Two finger highlight is an amazing idea.

As for whether the mouse cursor stays or not... if it can be a toggle, default to off. If it can't be a toggle, get rid of it.

I know its a little thing, but people love apple because of its aesthetics. By keeping the cursor it looks like a port. By getting rid of the cursor it feels like BG is 'an app for that'.

Is the source of this project released and/or somewhere on git/svn/cvs whatever?

I've got a developer account and I believe I can add this to my ipad 2 without jailbreaking if I compile it myself.

The original GemRB project is on Sourceforge. No idea, if any ipad related works are public.

Archived