a little something that has often bothered me

joshuar9476

has anyone else ever noticed that when running through (mostly bg1) the groupings of enemies often seem like an odd pairing of creatures? for instance, you have bandits hanging out with a giant spider or a bear ... to me, that seems unrealistic. Even kobolds and xvarts or xvarts and wolves seem kind of strange.

i'm not asking for a whole new mod or anything, i just wondered if anyone else picked up on this as well.

has anyone else ever noticed that when running through (mostly bg1) the groupings of enemies often seem like an odd pairing of creatures? for instance, you have bandits hanging out with a giant spider or a bear ... to me, that seems unrealistic. Even kobolds and xvarts or xvarts and wolves seem kind of strange.
Well, what do you use to play the BG1 part of the game ?

As there's been plenty of awareness of this in the BGT forums as there's oddities like this quite often as the save/load mechanism spawns a lot of different kinds of monsters in a spawn point. But that's not a problem in the vanilla BG1 that much, perhaps because the AI checks if there's spawned creatures already or something...

This is from the old BGT-WeiDU without the BGT Spawns mod, I haven't really gotten around to test that...

Well, what do you use to play the BG1 part of the game ?

As there's been plenty of awareness of this in the BGT forums as there's oddities like this quite often as the save/load mechanism spawns a lot of different kinds of monsters in a spawn point. But that's not a problem in the vanilla BG1 that much, perhaps because the AI checks if there's spawned creatures already or something...

BGT with the "spawns appear once" part of BG Tweaks ...

i've never played vanilla BG1 so i was completely unaware of this being just a tutu/bgt issue. thanks jarno.

i still cracks me up though ... i've always wanted to say, "sir, are you aware that there's a phase spider right next to you?" however, i have the realistic wolves part of SCS installed and while i was battling the belt ogre, a wolf came up and bit the ogre. i laughed.

so monsters aren't dropping level 8 scrolls everywhere

BGT-WeiDU alone will never drop level 8 scrolls. If this happens, this is the result of BGT + other mega mods.

Yes, it happens because BGSpawn introduces BG2 creatures with high level random treasures.

Yes, it happens because BGSpawn introduces BG2 creatures with high level random treasures.
Erhm, it's not the high level, but the way the treasure is managed, if one looks at the rnd*****.2da's you actually see that this is possible. As the rndtreas.2da average column(the .cre's files have this reference item many many times) refers to the rndmagic.2da, which refers to the rndscrol.2da... you actually need to read what the iesdp says on how the rndscrol.2da table is used, to see that the scrolls are possible this way.

Miloch's mod reduces the possibility of this... by rearranging them.

Archived