Android port of GemRB (smart-devices/tablets)

Beholder

I compiled GemRB with official SDL 1.3 for Android after applying some patches. But game is really slow. 1.5 times slower than compiled with pelya's port. I don't know why SDL so slowly on Android. Can only guess that this happens because of java wrapper is been used (damned java :cool: ). I stop my investigations of the official port.

So I finally thought I'd give GemRb a shot on my Android phone, but I'm having some difficulties. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here's what I did:

•Installed latest apk from sourceforge

•Copied all files except *.exe from Bg2 folder to phone (Fixpack and BG2Tweaks were installed)

•copied lastest override and GUIscripts folder to phone

The app crashes immediately after getting to SDL screen.

There are no exe files in the game folder, should there be? Was I supposed to install the Android Market version first and then update with the Git version?

I'm at a loss, so thanks in advance for any help.

EDIT: changed cfg. paths to read, for instance: GamePath=app-data/net.sourceforge.gemrb/

is this wrong, correct, should I have stayed with default settings? Any way it still doesn't work...

GamePath should point to where you copied gemrb. Make it an absolute path for consistency.

Does absolute path man without the "/" at the end?

If GemRb is installed to the default location (in my case /sdcard/app-data/net.sourceforge.gemrb), this is where the gemrb.cfg file is and this is where I point SDL to download application data from, can't GamePath stay at default ("./") and the app should still work?

Regardless, I tried installing afresh, and stilll getting nowhere:

device is Samsung Galaxy S GTI9000

• uninstalled gemRb and cleared all folders.

• reinstalled with v 0.6.6 apk from sourceforge]

• renamed gemrb.cfg.sample to gemrb.cfg

• downloaded override and scripts, not BG2 demo

• copied all BG2 files (unmodded this time)to /net.sourceforge.gemrb/ on phone

• deleted GUIScripts folder and replaced with 0.6.6 version

• copied 0.6.6 override to phone

after this, still no joy so now I try changing paths to specific folder, a few different permutations. At the moment it reads:

GamePath=/sdcard/app-data/net.sourceforge.gemrb

CD1=sdcard/app-data/net.sourceforge.gemrb

CD2=sdcard/app-data/net.sourceforge.gemrb/CD2/

CD3=sdcard/app-data/net.sourceforge.gemrb/CD3/

CD4=sdcard/app-data/net.sourceforge.gemrb/CD4/

CD5=sdcard/app-data/net.sourceforge.gemrb/CD5/

the thing still won't fly! I have enough memory, I have pointed SDL to the correct folder and cleared the command line parameters. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks fo the help, guys.

I was able get it running finally with some clues from aLogcat: very helpful. One thing to note, the final hurdle was to clear the Cache directory, it had some bif files in the data folder. I had annoying vertical and horizontal lines at the edge of the main screen but I figured out this was due to "TouchScrollAreas" function. Now off, works like a charm.

Can anyone point me towards info regarding new features/different implementation from original game, eg. the way c now works as tab did to highlight doors and containers?. I read somewhere there is an auto loot function. How to make this work?

Guest Noodlemonk

I'm having difficulties copying SPL-files from my BG2-library to GemRB-library on my Galaxy S2. It always happens around files SPCL330.spl and up.

Any thoughts on this?

I was able get it running finally with some clues from aLogcat: very helpful. One thing to note, the final hurdle was to clear the Cache directory, it had some bif files in the data folder. I had annoying vertical and horizontal lines at the edge of the main screen but I figured out this was due to "TouchScrollAreas" function. Now off, works like a charm.

Can anyone point me towards info regarding new features/different implementation from original game, eg. the way c now works as tab did to highlight doors and containers?. I read somewhere there is an auto loot function. How to make this work?

I found a wiki page about touchscrollareas (but only by directly looking for it).

http://www.gemrb.org/wiki/doku.php?id=docs...ouchscrollareas

I think autoloot, is a cheat key. So first enable cheat keys. There is no cheat key list currently on wiki, or i didn't find it.

I'm having difficulties copying SPL-files from my BG2-library to GemRB-library on my Galaxy S2. It always happens around files SPCL330.spl and up.

Any thoughts on this?

I had a similar problem, but on an S1. You might need to change your USB mode to "mass storage". On an S1 this is done through settings>wireless and network>USB settings.

I found a wiki page about touchscrollareas (but only by directly looking for it).

http://www.gemrb.org/wiki/doku.php?id=docs...ouchscrollareas

I think autoloot, is a cheat key. So first enable cheat keys. There is no cheat key list currently on wiki, or i didn't find it.

Thanks for the info, Avenger.

Archived