Bioware characterization with an unabashedly Banite NPC

Rhaella

Meet Adrian Sianodel, a 33 year old half-elven sorcerer who, after several recent catastrophes, managed to land a brief but involuntary stint as Irenicus's pet wandmaker. Kill the duergar who guard him, and he'll be quite happy to lend his magic to your cause. To repay the debt, to exact vengeance... and perhaps because he simply has nowhere else to go anymore.

Adrian has lived an interesting life, for lack of a better term, though he's hoping to finally put his past behind him. Aside from his sorcery, he has a background in espionage and a decadent — some might say romantic — streak that has gotten him into trouble in the past. He once pursued (and ultimately wrecked) a political career with one of the most notorious organizations in the Realms, and may very much enjoy the opportunities for intrigue the Shadow Thieves have to offer... if you can drag him away from fighting with the Harper and the Red Wizard long enough to notice, that is.

~~~~

Anyway, so I'm slowly coming towards the end of actually writing for him. At this point, if I could have some people look over his B file, it would be awesome. None of the Biowares have ever really had to deal with someone who does sometimes start channelling a Banite "take no prisoners" mentality when annoyed or threatened, so things can get... interesting. (He's not an extremely evil person by any means, but he isn't accustomed to dealing with people of higher alignments and isn't going to adapt anytime soon.)

Of particular concern/interest: Keldorn (and Anomen, to a lesser degree) dealing with an ex-Banite. Jaheira with a runaway Zhent. Nalia with an unapologetically vocal Lawful Evil nobleman (he's much more ideologically LE than Edwin). Edwin with a rival sorcerer. And Aerie with, well... everything above. I've been as fair as I can be -- sometimes possibly too fair, so if people want to take their favourite characters and make sure they're, well, in character, that would be lovely. Some of these are of concern mostly because they don't necessarily play out as you might have expected.

Also, if you were going to drag a Lawful Evil sorcerer around with you, what mod NPCs would you have along? I hesitate to even consider Kelsey or Tashia, since I don't know how many people go for sorcerer overload, much less mixing your goods and your evils that much. (He'll respect your Lawful Goods, but if he senses weakness, he goes for the kill, metaphorically.)

Thank you, definitely. I was certainly thinking of you in particular for the LGs. =)

Hmm. Maybe there is a 100 post requirement on sending attachments, since it doesn't seem to want to let me do it here. PMing you at SHS instead.

You know, I tried to reply to you at petalsnthorns, but I couldn't get my PM to send. He sounds interesting, I could do a portrait for him once you reach open beta, if you still want or need custom art. ;-) I recommend in the meantime if you need emergency beta purpose art to just take a bg1 portrait for the interim.

I've been as fair as I can be -- sometimes possibly too fair, so if people want to take their favourite characters and make sure they're, well, in character, that would be lovely. Some of these are of concern mostly because they don't necessarily play out as you might have expected.

So you'd like us to proofread and help you make the Biowares sound in-character?

I can do Aerie (my absolute fav), and Edwin as well.

Let me know.

More or less, yeah, since I've had to extrapolate a little bit with some of them and want to make sure that my interpretation isn't worlds away from everyone else's, haha. I've already had K'aeloree take a look at a couple of them, including those two, and have fixed them up accordingly. (Too much stammering, too much stammering!) Thank you very much for the offer, though. =)

Thanks, hon. =) Yeah, he's beginning to come into shape now. Beginning to look into cross mod possibilities as an alternative to writing and rewriting and rewriting the same PC dialogues time and again. Oh, scripting, thou shalt be my bane.

Nah, it's fine. =) Raised in Zhentil Keep, "adventured" in the Moonsea, Dalelands, Cormyr, and Sembia. Granted, it's more like "got tossed into prison for a few months in Cormyr" and "hung around in a lavish villa playing mercantile intrigue in Sembia."

His father was a moon elf. The most disappointed moon elf ever.

Stonelands, prooobably not. Shadowdale, yes, though he's more familiar with... Deepingdale, I think it is. The one where Highmoon is. Shadowdale, Mistledale, Daggerdale, and then I can never remember the others. Oops. But hey, I could give you a political analysis of the Moonsea!

Father's an elven ranger. Adrian doesn't know him that well and ain't crazy enough to try to change that.

Archived