Problem when I edit my tp2

StrongArmand

check a couple of things...

if you are under the laters Apple OS or Win7 with UAC, make sure you are actually editing and replacing the correct file, I have trouble at work with the versioning/auto-updating Lion does, and I have seen folks have trouble with the UAC blocking changes to existing fioles.

Check to make sure that ps pad is saving the changed file with the .tp2 extension, and not something like .tp2.txt

Check that you are editing the .tp2 someplace and then moving the correct version into your install, and not accidentally editing a version on a different install (one reason I went to Github was I did that a few times, making a change in one version and then accidentally overwriting those changes by moving the wrong file into place).

Add error messages and install messages to show in your .debug, so you can check to see if what is happenuing is code failure rather than versioning problems (again, something I have had alot of trouble with - so I have begun using lots of verbose PRINT ~Adding sword to creature x~ with a FAIL or ELSE cloause that say ~Failed to add sword to creature x because the creature was not found on this install.~

Hope one of these solves it for you...

Edit:| crossposting with K'aeloree! What he said!

if you are under the laters Apple OS or Win7 with UAC, make sure you are actually editing and replacing the correct file, I have trouble at work with the versioning/auto-updating Lion does, and I have seen folks have trouble with the UAC blocking changes to existing fioles.

Yes you've been right it was an uac problem. Now all works perfectly. Ah, I think this windows make me crazy some days... In any case thanks a lot for your help !

Archived