Good God, has it really been five years since I last logged on?

Linguist in Training

Wow.

I decide that I want to play Baldur's Gate for the first time in a while. So I swing around the various modding sites, looking for updated versions of various mods (though it seems we're mostly editing Spanish and Russian translations at this point...). I see a couple of interesting threads, and I log on. I then realize just how long it has been.

Just wow.

It's awesome that people are still here keeping the community alive, though it seems bare-bones at the moment.

Anyway, you guys rock as always. I'm off to Candlekeep with a Sorceress.

I'd point to the creation of the revision mods found here on this forum. They are both a vast improvement of the game. There has been created several questmods since five years ago, mostly found at SHS.

Happy gaming

Well ... it's been five years since I've logged on here. Looking through my records, I last played two years ago, Apparently, I checked for some updates (I was using Xan v9, for instance) but didn't really stick around anywhere. Very strange.

Anyway, thanks for the tip about SHS. Is there anything new or interesting for tutu? It would spice things up a bit to toss a new quest in there.

I think the BG1 mini quests from this forum is the best as of now, very smallish, but still. Gavin NPC adds a few as does BG1NPCproject, but they are not new. There's a few bigger quest mods being worked on at SHS (again), but nothing finished to my knowledge. I usually stick with BG1NPCproject, as that suits BG1 most. To me adding quests belongs to the BG2 part, I really can't explain why, but I guess it has to do with the overall feeling of BG1, it instills some kind of tranquility in me...

It would seem some like using BGT, but I stick with Macready's http://usoutpost31.com/easytutu/ He has a mod called hard times, which made BG1 a very good (tough) experience. There's also the Randomizer mod (Wisp's work here on G3). But you'll have to chose between those two mods, I don't feel the randomizer mod makes the game harder, only a bit different.

Happy gaming

Archived