Widescreen mod error while installing...

mrblah

Hi!

First, THANK YOU! for this mod.

I played and replayed my old baldurs gate 2 and expansion without this and now I feel cheated for not having known about this before! haha

I "acquired" Icewind Dale 1 + expansion & 2 and installed them both. I Also have a crack for "no CD" just because it is annoyingly noisy do have my CD spinning while playing.

I wanted to install this mod and I got a surprise in the install window:

ERROR_IWD1.jpg

Thanks for the input!!! :D

Well, I bet you have not correctly patched the game. As your game is in the C drives Program Files sub folder, the Windows 7(64) prevents the patching actually from happening correctly in the folder... :p

So you have to reinstall the game to a different one, I suggest to install to C:\Games\Icewind Dale\ , then you need to install the HoW expansion, and then apply the patch & free expansion, and then install the Widescreen mod on top of that.

The IE modding community at large does not support "obtained" copies of games, nor any kind of crack. IE games are old. They aren't copy-protected. If you want to save wear and tear on your game disk, just make a copy of a legally purchased game disk and play with that in the drive instead. If your disk drive is loud enough to be annoying, it is time to start pricing a replacement. It's on its way out anyway.

The IE modding community at large does not support "obtained" copies of games, nor any kind of crack. IE games are old. They aren't copy-protected. If you want to save wear and tear on your game disk, just make a copy of a legally purchased game disk and play with that in the drive instead. If your disk drive is loud enough to be annoying, it is time to start pricing a replacement. It's on its way out anyway.

Most people have big enough hard drives that it's easier to just make digital images of the discs and save them on your computer. Using software to load these images, you avoid the hassle that goes along with storing discs and swapping them out, plus you reduce wear and tear on your disc drive.

The "unsupported game" error means the OP is not running one of the supported games. Widescreen only supports IWD when the HoW expansion and the latest (Trials of the Luremaster) patch are installed.

This mod will work on BG TotSC, BG2 SoA, BG2 ToB and IWD HoW (BG and IWD without expansions do not work), as well as on IWD2 and Ps:T.
All the games require the latest game patch; the exception is Torment, which allows you to play either the patched 4CD version and the (already patched) 2CD version. Throne of Bhaal requires the 'official' 26498 patch and is not compatible with the 'beta' 26499.

Archived