big world

Sarevok

long time fan of Baldur's Gate series and Dungeons & Dragons, both tabletop pen-and-paper and computer based. :)

I like the "BiG World Setup" mod-project, been thinking our (a friend's and mine's) characters could fit perfectly in the BG realm... I know nothing about modding this game. might be able to add more locations, cave/city/etc.

Anyone willing to help get a mod outta this? more later. going to look some things up.

It would be interesting to have some of them along in player party... hmm...

---

have played using BWS, but have noticed it only has Sarevok friendship... I'm finding Sarevok romance more fun, just works for me.. Otherwise its good so far. :) (save for BG1 portion party suddenly forgetting how to use melee weapons with any party members, and I play a fighter with two-handed sword for mainchar.)

If what you want is just placing your characters in the game where they'll say some funny lines, just export your characters you're playing BG2 with, and edit them a little with this guide by Ace: http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=14359

As for areas and whatnot, it's a bit more difficult, but area artists and new quests with new areas are always welcome and are great fun.

I'm thinking the BG-realm would be a fitting place for one last adventure with certain characters... at least mine has/have one last quest-adventure...

Also thinking about voices for them...

our tabletop d&d characters more or less are:

4 Minotaur

2 Silver Dragon (fairly young)

1 Black Dragon (he's small size, like hatchling even if his age isn't)

3 Fairy (well, 2 are actually hybrid Fairy/Halfling)

A Winter Wolf (with a smaller one, kind of like how Minsc has Boo)

1 halfling

2 human

-----

If what you want is just placing your characters in the game where they'll say some funny lines, just export your characters you're playing BG2 with, and edit them a little with this guide by Ace: http://forums.gibber...showtopic=14359

guide links are broken to me so...

Looking for Kat's NPC Guide?

Sorry, the NPC Guide is no longer available. If you need IE-related help, check out the tutorials over at The Gibberlings 3 or Spellhold Studios.

Download Sarevok romance, download Spellhold Gauntlet, install them over your installation manually. You won't get any crossmod content for these, since Crossmod Banter Pack's already installed in your installation(probably), but it's how it's done.

Or a BWS user will probably tell you to uninstall everything and install BWS with Spellhold Gauntlet and Sarevok Romance, because both these mods are in the linklist: http://baldurs-gate.eu/bwpmods.php

Tower of Deception doesn't interact with Spellhold Gauntlet in any way, to my knowledge - they don't overwrite each other. Like I said, you can always install these mods manually(over your BWP installation, if you already got one) via Setup-Mod.exe, the way it's mentioned in their readmes.

If you've not installed any mods yet, and your BWS can't install Sarevok Romance(why?), I'd recommend you to ask more specific questions here:

http://www.shsforums.net/forum/193-mega-mod-help/

or I'll just keep an eye one what its installing/about to with the pause button and manual install them I guess...

for some reason the BG1 portion playing through BWS setup (BGT) it party members forgot how to use melee weapons, and I play a fighter with a two-handed sword. dunno why meleeing just stopped working.

ideas? in case I encounter it again.

would rather not re-reinstall BG series but BWS restore even don't fix the melee attacks not doing anything, dialog box says attacks but thats it. ideas?

hmm how to get BWS to know about other mods such as the Spellhold Gauntlet & etc?

hmm...

---------------------Start Logging Session---------------------

ASSERTION FAILED!

File: ChDimm.cpp

Line: 1246

Exp: FALSE

Msg: ChDimm.cpp CDimm::Demand(): CRes pointer invalid (Check Baldur.log for missing resource)

Run Debugger?

Instead of installing everything in BWS, I'd instead make a list of every mod you really want, and manually install each.
Erhm, that's cause you are on Mac and there's no way to install the 1000 components in the 400+ mods that the BWS can install on PC.

Archived