Changing a Spell's Level

Talbot

I'm trying to use Near Infinity to change up some divine spells, mostly in an effort to buff up druids. I've changed the level and the effects of a few to my liking, but they still show up in game at their original level and won't cast at all. Altered they work fine, but as soon as I try to move them up or down a level they just don't work. What am I doing wrong here and what else do I have to change?

Is the number of spells set? How would I get rid of some and move others to a lower level? What I'd like to start with is to move all the animal summoning spells to lower levels now that I've upgraded them a bit. Am I stuck with shuffling around the existing ones by editing them, or can I get rid of the old resources entirely and replace them with the new one?

not all numbers are taken, so it's easiest if you don't touch other spells. Then you change the mx*.2da table, so they get the new spell too (or give it via script, clab or somehow else).

Changing the level of the existing spells may lead to scripts malfunctioning if they attempt to cast the spell only if it's memorized. I don't remember whether it is crash safe for normal spells, but AI nevertheless won't be able to use them.

The best course of action is to add you new versions of Animal Summoning at lower level under different name, and, if you find it bothersome, disable old version in the spell selection screen. The latter can only be achieved with ToBEx http://www.shsforums.net/forum/606-tobex/

There is a maximum number of spells per level that can be gained under the naming system (50 without ToBEx, 100 with). There is also a GUI limitation on how many can be seen at once (24?), which I think ToBEx also addresses.

You can disable a divine spell by setting its exclusion flags (0x18) to restrict access from cleric/paladins and druid/rangers.

Archived