D.bcs patching (Tutu) from the tp2

jastey

What exactly does this do? And, more importantly, do I need this for a mod that wants to use the NPCs' J.dlg?

COPY_EXISTING ~pdialog.2da~ ~override~
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY CASE_INSENSITIVE ~^JOIN_DIALOG_FILE\( +[^ ]+ +[^ ]+ +\)[^ ]+~
~JOIN_DIALOG_FILE\1DREAM_SCRIPT_FILE~
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY CASE_INSENSITIVE ~^_MINSCJ\( +[^ ]+ +[^ ]+ +\)[^ ]+~ ~_MINSCJ\1_MINSCD~
(..) etc.

What exactly does this do? And, more importantly, do I need this for a mod that wants to use the NPCs' J.dlg?

COPY_EXISTING ~pdialog.2da~ ~override~
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY CASE_INSENSITIVE ~^JOIN_DIALOG_FILE\( +[^ ]+ +[^ ]+ +\)[^ ]+~
~JOIN_DIALOG_FILE\1DREAM_SCRIPT_FILE~
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY CASE_INSENSITIVE ~^_MINSCJ\( +[^ ]+ +[^ ]+ +\)[^ ]+~ ~_MINSCJ\1_MINSCD~
(..) etc.

It's adding the column for dream script files in pdialog.

I have to ask: BG1NPC does a lot of patching for Tutu. If I want to use the NPC's J.dlg(s), and also the d.bcs for some, what would I need to make them work (for EasyTutu as well as v4)? Is there some missing for plain Tutu, like some J.dlg in vanilla BG?

Well, the problem is that you don't necessarily want your mod dependent on the presence of BG1 NPC, so you should plan on patching in anything you might need for it. The good news is that it's easy enough to write patch code that won't make any changes if what you need is already present--i.e. you could use similar code to what BG1 NPC is doing, but have it get skipped or make no changes if the patch has already been applied.

Archived