Proper mod installation order. Where to put Weimers Item Upgrade?

ender4

Hi folks i want to install some mods for BG2.

So far i figured out this order to be correct:

BG2 Fixpack

Item Randomizer

BG2 Tweaks

SCS

But where should i put "Weimer's Item Upgade"?

Also are there any issues with having these five mods installed at the same time?

In the past i had some problems after installing 20+ mods so i want to play it safe now.

no, should not be any issues. I have Item Upgrade original item versin installed (Randomizer after Item Upgrade) and no issues, but honestly, installing Item upgrade and Item randomizer together is not recomended in terms of game balance. Right now I have Pitchfork +5 in chapter 3 and I'm going to sell it, looking for the best offer. ;]

I will probably abandon this game (killing stuff much too quickly right now, booooring) and try Item Randomizer+Item Revisions+Spell Revisions+(probably) Kit Revisions...hmmm...fight with the Eclipse Party may be interesting...

Ok. So i installed them in this order:

1. BG2 Fixpack

2. Item Randomizer

3. BG2 Tweaks

4. SCS

But lets say that now i would like to re-randomize my items (mode 2). If i use randomizer again, will weidu automatically reinstall Tweaks and SCS in correct order and in the same way i did first time around?

But lets say that now i would like to re-randomize my items (mode 2). If i use randomizer again, will weidu automatically reinstall Tweaks and SCS in correct order and in the same way i did first time around?

Yes, but in this case it is better to install Item Randomiser as the last mod, so you can reinstall it without needing to reinstall a bunch of other mods as well. It is also the "fool-proof" order for compatibility with SCS. E.g., if you install Item Randomiser and then have SCS do stuff with the Robe of Vecna or other items, you'll find duplicates of those items. But it's never a problem if you install the mods in the reverse order (or, obviously, if you skip those parts of SCS).

Archived