Odd Error message when installing

harticus33

HI! I posted about this in a different forum but I thought it would be more applicable here. I know that it isn't %100 compatible already, but I was trying to install SR V3.1 today to BG2ee and hit an odd error message. I installed a bunch of other mods already, but when I tried SR it gives errors for all components, saying "This mod is designed for bg2 and is not compatible for any other game" and skips it. I double checked that i'm in the folder with my other mods, and the required folder is there...I'm real confused. Is there a file that SR checks for when it installs that bg2ee doesn't have in the main 00782 directory? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

post-4883-0-49788600-1388174651_thumb.png

Right, but I've heard from some others on different forums that they have installed it on bg2ee. I just foiund it odd that it wouldn't even install for me in any way.
Well, this is the primary mod forum, and there are threads like this one. There are bunch of ways to go around these stuff, but you run it at your own risk, especially to what comes to the patches, as you should realize that they overwrite everything and the checks like the above are there for reason.

Mirror Image fix should already be in core BG2EE. Dispel Magic and Cure Sleep and disabled spells removal shouldn't be installed due to engine compatibility - we'll solve it... soon.

Can't tell off hand about deva/planetars and spellbooks, but these two are more cosmetic components.

Sorry I realize the above picture I posted was incomplete, my main question involves the main SR component, which wasn't pictured. It also says the same thing about it, that it is designed for BG 2 and won't work. Demivrgvs suggested on a different forum that my Weidu was an older version, so I might try that. @Jarno Mikkola would the process in the link you mentioned let me install even just the main component of SR? I don't mind of the other components aren't compatible yet.

And also sorry if this isn't the right place to post something like this, all around I've been a forum lurker previously, only started posting recently

post-4883-0-44158000-1388252732_thumb.png

BG2EE does not detect as the BG2 engine. Therefore, the check that prevents you from installing it on IWD or PST also prevents you installing it on BG2EE. You have to actually modify the mod to make it install. Better still, wait for a new version that is tested.

Archived