[BG1] Cutscene: FadeToBlack doesn't make the area black, AR0200

jastey

Does anyone have a clue what the error message "An Assertion failed in ChVideo.pp at line number 8641" could mean?

Game: EasyTutu, happens in area FW0200.are, triggered by a cutscene of me. I checked all the animations: Death animation of the cow- OK, all cre involved work fine, all used commands are used in other cutscenes without problems etc.pp.

The cutscenes works right until the "EndCutSceneMode()" would trigger, but it never happens: The characters stand by the dead cow, the cutscene doesn't end. If I call the Task Manager, the error message appears.

EDIT: My cutscene in vanilla BG1:TotSC leads to the screen not getting black, but only the characters (area graphics stay the same). But there, the cutscene runs as intended and the follow-up dilaogue gets triggered.

Triggering the same cutscene in another BG1 area makes it run without graphical problems (area gets all dark) It seems to be a problem with AR0200.are.

Any ideas?

This is the cutscene:

IF
True()
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	CutSceneId(Player1)
	FadeToColor([20.0],0)
	Wait(2)
 SetGlobal("C#q11_BuyCow","GLOBAL",3)
 MoveViewPoint([2064.491],INSTANT) // shifts camera
 ActionOverride("c#q11cow",DestroyItem("c#q11001"))
 ActionOverride("c#q11cow",Kill(Myself))
	Wait(1)
 ActionOverride("c#q11wa2",JumpToPoint([2086.527])) //
 ActionOverride(Player1,JumpToPoint([2012.518]))
 CreateCreature("c#q11but",[2122.494]%FACE_3%)
	 ActionOverride("c#q11wa2",Face(12))	
 ActionOverride(Player1,Face(12))
	 ActionOverride("c#q11but",Face(3))	
 ActionOverride("c#q11wa2",TakePartyGold(500))
 ActionOverride("c#q11mrs",DestroySelf())
	Wait(2)
 FadeFromColor([20.0],0)
 EndCutSceneMode()
   ActionOverride("c#q11wa2",%STARTDIALOGNOSET%(Player1))
END

Wait() is an interruptible action, or some such, which means the script can bail out at Wait(). Though I was under the impression it wouldn't bail out during cutscenes. SetInterrupt() is another way of getting around it.

Archived