Enhanced Edition

James Harrison

For my own part, I've enjoyed several of your and other people's creations for many years - being able to help out in some small part, especially on a mod that heightened my own game experience so much is both a pleasure and an honour.

Hum, as you have suggested to install this last I have two questions

1) Do we need to start a new game for it to take effect?

2)We have BGTweaks, Rogue Rebalancing, SCS, Wizardslayer rebalancing, aTweaks and Item Randomiser (fixed on install) installed; would any of these cause a clash with this mod (given we are installing this mod after them)

Thanks again! James

1. Yes, unfortunately.

2. Some tweaks that also affect mod files won't be there, but I think that's minor problem. The other mods I don't know well enough, I have to admit. But BG1NPC mainly introduces dialogues and quests for the NPCs, as well as some tweaks like "BGII portraits" or "make the NPC recruitable sooner by moving him/her to another area", so I'd assume installing BG1NPC Project after the mods you listed shouldn't be a problem (but I would keep on poking about this, since I didn't look at the mods' code.)

Ok. :-) two more questions:

1) If the mod needed updating (which sounds like it happens frequently-ish) would we need to start another new game - or just update the mod on the existing games.

2) Are the bugs in the EE version likely to cause a crash - or just missing/repeated/out of place interjections? (Because a crash is annoying Multilayer)

Thanks again

1) Yes-and-no. When you enter an area, the resources for the area are loaded into your game and saved there. When you update the mod, the fixes aren't applied to the copies in your saved game. So, fixes to areas you've already visited (and the creatures in those areas) won't affect your current game, but fixes to areas you haven't been will.

2) I haven't seen any. It's more likely that there will be a bug that prevents a quest from being completed correctly, like the bugs with the Firebead book quest or the Kivan-Tazok encounter.

Archived