OS X install failing

Hi! I'm having troubles with installing the fixpack on a wine-wrapped version of BG2 on OS X 10.9.3. I unpacked the mod to the app folder and chmodded the user permissions to run it, but the following error message occurs:

/Applications/Baldur\'s\ Gate\ 2\ \(PL\)/Baldur\'s\ Gate\ 2.app/Contents/Resources/drive_c/GOG\ Games/Baldur\'s\ Gate\ 2\ \(Polish\)/setup-bg2fixpack.command ; exit;
/Applications/Baldur's Gate 2 (PL)/Baldur's Gate 2.app/Contents/Resources/drive_c/GOG Games/Baldur's Gate 2 (Polish)/setup-bg2fixpack.command: line 3: ./setup-bg2fixpack: Bad CPU type in executable
logout

help

plz

Maybe the bundled WeiDU program (setup-bg2fixpack) was not compiled for your OS?

Have you tried replacing that file with one of the other WeiDU executables from the latest Mac archive on the WeiDU website? There are 3 different ones in there.

I'm just now trying to get a handle on the current state of Mac modding to figure out which one makes the most sense to bundle in those packages. If different Mac users need different WeiDU executables, we should figure out better install instructions, too.

I swapped the packaged weidu with a x64 Mavericks weidu and it worked, but insists it isn't actually a BG2 folder. Yeah right. But from what I see, the need for different weidu types is correct.

e: works, I clicked on the wrong file

e2: my own mod doesn't work, now who the hell do I blame?

Okay, I identified the Fixpack problem. You see, somehow the weidu version it ships with is labeled as -1 instead of 236, so it won't ever work correctly, unless updated by a different mod to a current version. Please fix this, it's a pain in the ass.

Okay, I identified the Fixpack problem. You see, somehow the weidu version it ships with is labeled as -1 instead of 236, so it won't ever work correctly, unless updated by a different mod to a current version. Please fix this, it's a pain in the ass.

The "-1" is just a lower version tag in the debug, not tag of -1. And you can do the update yourself, just remove the current one and copy paste the higher version, and rename the copy result as the removed setup-* file.

Well, I have no idea about the OSX console commands, but on pc, you could just run this in a .bat file:

setup-*modname*.exe --update-all 

with a surplus of other commands... the example of course is the --change-log'ging the ########.### -file.

mkdir -p change-log
WeiDU.exe --update-all --log nul --change-log ########.### >change-log/change-log.txt --out change-log

Yes, this post is with a complete ignorance of how you would do it with OSX, but I belong to the computer master race, so.. :p .. I don't need to know.

To install a mod from a .tp2 under Mac OS X, we open a Terminal session, navigate to the BG2 directory, then type "./weidu-mac mymod.tp2 --tlkout dialog.tlk --log mymod.DEBUG" and answer any prompts that appear. This assumes that the WeiDU folder is already in the BG2 directory.

Archived