cloud spells

kreso

I ran into a minor issue with my new install. All cloud-type spells like Cloudkill, Stinking Cloud etc. work properly, but the animation (foggy sprites) isn't appearing anymore.

Any idea what causes that?

I ran into a minor issue with my new install. All cloud-type spells like Cloudkill, Stinking Cloud etc. work properly, but the animation (foggy sprites) isn't appearing anymore.

Any idea what causes that?

I vaguely recall this happening if certain components of 1PP are installed in a certain order.

Open CLOUD, CLOUDKIL, CLOUDPC and GOLCLOUD projectiles and check the explosion animation is set to either 1 or 2.

The bam file used is SPHORPUF I believe, maybe check that's not been overwritten (though that shouldn't be it, or else Horrid Wiliting would have the same issue)

Thank you. Bam is apperantly ok since ADHW works and displays fine. Explosion animation is set to "none". Should I change it? On "vanilla" EE2 install it's set to "none" as well but the animation plays correctly. :(

Hmm, I'm looking at the vanilla vs 1pp versions of GOLCLOUD.pro and the former definitely is a visible cloud whereas the latter is not, but I struggle to find a difference in the files (except the colour gradient obviously, but that shouldn't matter):

3pRUt2q.jpg

Well whaddya know, changing the colour gradient (in the area extension) from 170 back to 49 makes the cloud effect visible after all (with the nicer looking 1pp cloud graphics).

The mystery is why clouds can sometimes be recoloured without problems and other times not... I'll pass on trying to solve it though.

Well whaddya know, changing the colour gradient (in the area extension) from 170 back to 49 makes the cloud effect visible after all (with the nicer looking 1pp cloud graphics).

The mystery is why clouds can sometimes be recoloured without problems and other times not... I'll pass on trying to solve it though.

It's the fact that the color is x-unknown to the game that makes all the difference(the DLTCEP can't find the color matrix as it's not defined anywhere, yep I made that name)... did you install all the 1pp components or just a chosen ones ?

~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #102 // 1ppv4: Extended palette entries -> Compatibility install only

~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #105 // 1ppv4: Avatar fixes

~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #106 // 1ppv4: Female Dwarves -> Separate Avatars for Female Dwarves - Baldur's Gate II

~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #401 // 1ppv4: Improved projectile effects

~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #301 // 1ppv4: Miscellaneous content fixes

I also have Spell Revisions which uses some of the "old" 1pp. But nvm, I have to reinstall anyway due to SCS not working correctly with magelevelscale and priestlevelscale.

Archived