Force Visible (op 136)

Salk

I don't know the specifics of how it works in the original, but I doubt it was EA limited. It's not meant to dispel anything, just make the owner ignore invisibility effects on others. Think of dragons.

Okay then it's not really what I need here.

I hope I can manage to learn how to apply the repeating eff which casts the spell including the "force visible" every x seconds like kreso suggested but I am no modder and I didn't learn the ABC yet...

Would you be able to help me understand how to accomplish that, kreso?

I have practically no modding experience so it's difficult for me to even start figuring out where to start.

lynx, I added the ID effect to my familiar but the invisible creature remained invisible and not targetable. Does it matter that it's one of my party that cast Invisibility on the enemy for testing purposes?

ID effect is different than what (I guess) you're trying to achieve here.

Force visible allows you to remove normal invisibility (not improved, it gets "partially" removed, as if the imp.invis. creature has for example attacked partially revealing itself or similar), while ID effect is what liches (or as Lynx says, Dragons) have - it allows for "bypassing" imp.invisibility targeting limitations ("cannot cast spell on imp.invisible blah blah") etc.

Try this:

Add a spell to your creature which uses opcode 272, target self, permanent duration, condition once per value seconds (6 is kind of optimum I guess, but you could probably go lower).

Now you need to add an .eff resource to your spell.

That eff uses 146 opcode to cast another spell (instantly) which has the "force visible" effect on enemies. Be sure this spell has a proper projectile with range/area you want to use (effecting enemies only I guess).

Thus, you need 2 spl files, one eff, one pro, 4 total.

ID effect is different than what (I guess) you're trying to achieve here.

Force visible allows you to remove normal invisibility (not improved, it gets "partially" removed, as if the imp.invis. creature has for example attacked partially revealing itself or similar), while ID effect is what liches (or as Lynx says, Dragons) have - it allows for "bypassing" imp.invisibility targeting limitations ("cannot cast spell on imp.invisible blah blah") etc.

Try this:

Add a spell to your creature which uses opcode 272, target self, permanent duration, condition once per value seconds (6 is kind of optimum I guess, but you could probably go lower).

Now you need to add an .eff resource to your spell.

That eff uses 146 opcode to cast another spell (instantly) which has the "force visible" effect on enemies. Be sure this spell has a proper projectile with range/area you want to use (effecting enemies only I guess).

Thus, you need 2 spl files, one eff, one pro, 4 total.

Two questions: is the first .spl file needed? Can't I just add an effect to the creature and start from it?

Also, I have no idea of how .pro files work...

Two questions: is the first .spl file needed? Can't I just add an effect to the creature and start from it?

Also, I have no idea of how .pro files work...

Ad1) You probably can

Ad2) pro is a "projectile". Example - fireball is round, fairly large, affects both enemies and allies, uses "fire-ring" graphics, etc.

You might want to try using inareanp.pro - that one is already in game, and it should have all you need.

Thank you so much, kreso.

I made a few tests and things seem to be working. I hope you won't mind coming to my assist in the future too! :)

Oh by the way... Is there something you can tell me about the different Dispel/Resistance field?

No dispel/bypass (0)

Dispel/not bypass (1)

Not Dispel/bypass (2)

Dispel/bypass (3)

What would you suggest for Force Visible?

No dispel/bypass. I would find it odd if dispeling invisibility would be affected by MR.

Yes, I agree.

And the "dispel" what does it refer too?

I am asking because the familiar will eventually gain a similar power which would dispel non detection as well.

And the "dispel" what does it refer too?

It refers to if the effect is dispelable or not. It probably doesn't matter for the Force Visible opcode you use however. It would matter (for example) if you add an effect which makes the familiar immune to Charm or similar - you wouldn't want that to be dispellable. Also, the effect which uses eff must not be dispelable, naturally.

Archived