Force Visible (op 136)

Salk

Hello!

Has anyone tested this successfully?

What I did was to equip one creature with it, turn an NPC hostile, have my mage cast invisibility on the NPC and keep my creature at close range to see if the Invisibility was dispelled. No dice.

Any suggestions?

Sorry for not making myself clear.

What I am trying to accomplish is to make the creature being able to dispel normal invisibility. I thought I could do it by adding the Force Visible effect to it and choose preset target in the target field.

Shouldn't it work?

It does work. See Kit Revisions barbarian, the opcode is used there.

In Kit Revision the barbarian can make enemies visible then? Because I don't want the effect to be used on the creature itself but on enemies...

In Kit Revision the barbarian can make enemies visible then? Because I don't want the effect to be used on the creature itself but on enemies...

Yes, when raged. It looks like this:

Force visible

target - preset target

timing - instant/permanent

no dispel, bypass resistance

Yes, when raged. It looks like this:

Force visible

target - preset target

timing - instant/permanent

no dispel, bypass resistance

That's what I also did... (only difference, I had chosen Instant/permanent until death for timing)

That's what I also did... (only difference, I had chosen Instant/permanent until death for timing)

Did you check how it's actually implemented there?

From what I can understand of it, I did. But I guess I should just install KR and try it in the game.

Sorry for not making myself clear.

What I am trying to accomplish is to make the creature being able to dispel normal invisibility. I thought I could do it by adding the Force Visible effect to it and choose preset target in the target field.

Shouldn't it work?

Aha, now I understand what u want to accomplish.

Well, what u need is a permanent, repeating eff which casts the spell including the "force visible" every x seconds. You probably didn't use repeating eff?

Invisible detection via script is different - it allows for casting spells on imp.invisibility, one can attack creatures which are invisible on screen (to human eye) etc.

Would you be able to help me understand how to accomplish that, kreso?

I have practically no modding experience so it's difficult for me to even start figuring out where to start.

lynx, I added the ID effect to my familiar but the invisible creature remained invisible and not targetable. Does it matter that it's one of my party that cast Invisibility on the enemy for testing purposes?

Thanks a lot for your help, guys!

I don't know the specifics of how it works in the original, but I doubt it was EA limited. It's not meant to dispel anything, just make the owner ignore invisibility effects on others. Think of dragons.

Archived