Delainy's howls

Bri

Auril's Elegy (Énâhahe):

Northerners know that when the arctic winds howl they must seek shelter soon, for if caught out in the open, the harsh winds rend their flesh from their bone in a matter of minutes.  So too have the  werewolves learned this lesson all too well, for just as an ear-piercing shriek may shatter glass, the werewolf focuses her ferocious howl into an even deadlier sound, one that can break bones with her voice and bring a smile to even Auril's cold face.

Shar's Requiem (Éhoónôsetäno):

The werewolf summons memories of past wrongs, slights and hurts, allowing the anguish of their passage to build in her heart until she can bear no more.  At that point, the werewolf lets loose with a single sky-piercing howl, calling on the power of the Nightsinger herself to subdue her inner turmoil.  As the song is carried along through the night sky, those who are unfortunate enough to hear it find their own memories vanishing in an attempt to forget the pain they are witness to.

Well, I know that she will start with a howl automatically (I need to put it up, but it works like the spook spell).

I haven't decided whether to make the howls appear every 5 levels, or every 10.  I don't want to inundate her...maybe somewhere in between.

I do guarantee she will have 5 howls at least...the highest being Khelemvor's Dirge (three guesses as to what it will do, and the first two don't count)

Mielikki's Summons (Hó'nehe)

Mielikki's Summons, so named in honor of the Lady of the Forest, is known by a great number of werewolves, not just Moon Dancer.  This most primal of howls allows the werewolf to call forth her lupine kin, assembling a mighty pack ready to do battle by her side.

This is going to be one of two Howls that Delainy is definitely going to start out with.

In essence, it allows her to summon wolves to her side, much like the Monster Summoning spell...but only wolves.  (And no, I haven't decided whether to allow the higher class wolves like the winter or dire wolf)

Scalable wolf summons... I like it. How many varieties of wolves are there ingame? I can think of wolves, winter wolves, dire wolves, dread wolves, vampiric wolves, shade wolves, and greater shade wolves off the top of my head. I would think the last three would be out of bounds for summons, though.

I would think the last three would be out of bounds for summons, though.

Definately. But perhaps, at a higher level, this howl might summon a "beast spirit" Something like a planetar or deva, but in wolf/werewolf shape. A gift from Delainy's ancestors/deity. You'd have to make the creature (or is there a totemic druid spirit animal handy?) but why not.

Just a thought.

I would think the last three would be out of bounds for summons, though.

Definately. But perhaps, at a higher level, this howl might summon a "beast spirit" Something like a planetar or deva, but in wolf/werewolf shape. A gift from Delainy's ancestors/deity. You'd have to make the creature (or is there a totemic druid spirit animal handy?) but why not.

Just a thought.

Actually, there is a Druid kit that allows them to summon "Spirit Animals" and one of them is the Spirit Wolf...

Hmm...scalable wolves, well that is a thought...

*grins*  Guess what was my favorite class on Diablo II to play ;-)  *nudges the druid to the limelight*

Archived