Got it running on Nexus 7

tormentor

That's fine, just dangling pointers from the original game authors (game uses a separate file index).

[ResourceManager/WARNING]: Invalid path given: /usr/share/fonts/TTF (CustomFonts)

that's clearly not the right path for you (just our default).

Is it possible to start gemrb on android 5.1? Im having problems getting to work on my BB Priv. the app starts screen becomes black and goes back to android a little after.

My gemrb.log in my gamefoled (pst) is empty when opening with es notepad.

Im useing Torrment APK file as 8.3 and 8.3999999 were giving me errors

Sorry for the rather short reply. Yea I did.

Here are the parts I edited

GameType=pst

# GamePath=/storage/emulated/0/gemrb/pst/
# CD1=/storage/emulated/0/gemrb/pst/data/
# CD2=<CD2_PLACEHOLDER>
# CD3=<CD3_PLACEHOLDER>
# CD4=<CD4_PLACEHOLDER>
# CD5=<CD5_PLACEHOLDER>
CachePath=/sdcard/gemrb/pst/cache
I copied my pst directory in /sdcard/gemrb/
Anything that looks off to you so far?
Cheers!

The originals used bitmap fonts and they of course don't scale. I don't know if tormentor built the TTF plugin and since it's a static build, it won't be visible from the log, but if he did, you can use almost any font at any size you like. Look at this and previous page for discussions on the very same topic.

I'm pretty sure I just built the whole shebang, as is described in the build instructions that come with gemrb. It is possible to quickly tap the screen three times to get a zoom in effect, you might have to enable that in the settings. I'm no longer running gemrb on android because the performance is so much worse than on the PC. Usually I just want to play the game and for that, running it under wine on my PC is the smoothest option. I'm generally disappointed with tablet computers, and with the android OS, the devices simply perform quite badly and eventually with long use performance slows to a crawl. The things are only good for browsing IMHO.

Archived