Overlap with SCS & aTweaks item components

toxin

because if a kit is installed later, those columns won't exist yet).

Look at the weapprof.2da, the columns exist, they have to, to be able to install kits, cause the ADD_KIT command demands the full line of points which is then made into the column ! It's the decision of the kit mod maker, to apply the amount they want.

And in this it's actually reasonable that if they want to make an archer mage kit, they edit the available weapons during the install to be allowed be usable by the kits base class and set the kit able to put points to the column slot FOR that kit. I have personally done so. I DID NOT touch the other columns(kits usability). Cause I have no F-ing idea what they could contain, monkeys with laser guns for all I care.

I don't follow.

Obviously, cause you didn't read the whole reply. As I had to post it and then edit it.

If the mod description says "Druids can use shortbows," and I roll up a totemic druid and he can't put points into short bows, I'm going to think that's a problem.

"X class can use Y weapon," to the typical player, suggests both usability and proficiency. Which means editing the .ITMs and weapprof.2da. And the latter will be incomplete if it doesn't patch every relevant column in weapprof.2da (because if a kit is installed later, those columns won't exist yet).

Like I said in the reply, it's best to make a whole component out of the thing. And then you can go even deeper and give a few options(sub components) on how it's installed.

And naming the component as "Druids can use shortbows" is... well, you could be smart and not name the component so vitun badly.

Component: "More universal use of weapons:"

Sub component 1: "without automatic proficiency allocations."

Sub component 2: "with automatic proficiency allocations."

*The last of course will allocate according to what the possible readme says them to be.

Go back and read Demi's post. He said "IR will have a component to let druids use shortbows."

I have no comment on how that component is named (it hasn't been named yet, though I think that's a perfectly fine name). I'm just saying, if that's your goal, and you want it to be comprehensive, you should take mod kits into account, and the only way to do that is to install it after all mod kits are installed.

If that's not the goal, then yeah things are different. But then what are we even talking about? (Indeed, what are we talking about? Once again Jarno you have mistaken a failure of communication on your part with a failure of reading comprehension on my part.)

EDIT - here's my take on universal crossbows:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/691329/#Comment_691329

That little mod:

1) edits proficiencies for trueclass and multiclass clerics and mages

2) runs a routine to find any kitted clerics (vanilla or mod-added), and edit their proficiencies too

3) edit usability flags and descriptions for crossbows and bolts

Indeed, what are we talking about? Once again Jarno you have mistaken a failure of communication on your part ...

Well, we are talking about the "Requirements for a mod that allows usability of items." Or so...

Does the Thief HLA that allows the usability of all items also do the above ? Just checking that we are still in the same plane of existence, still. :devlook: That and the denial of the existence of the columns, point to the same factor. To me, it would be better to not allow the profs if the kit mod itself does not allow them, be it custom laser armed monkeys... or what ever.

Of course, it might be that to me, the use of words such as "Requires..." "Has to..." and so forth, could be taken a little or lots different than for you. Yes, I did read the above ... But, I quoted you, not Demi.

Just to make sure, does the above code check if the kit can use the slings ? So for example having the cavalier(or kensai) item usability on the kits flag, should restrict them from using a sling, and it thus also restrict them from having the ability to use bows, as those flags are exclusive, and thus also not be able to put points to the proficiency ? I can't download from BeamDog for now, not having member access... nope, that's me trying to help in this. :nya:

Re-introduce potions of extra-healing: v30

About this... SCS puts extra healing potions also in the BG1 part of BGT. Does IR do the same because I suspect it doesn't...

As I said, Store Rev on BG1 is lacking. :( Btw, I guess I'll have to edit my posts and maybe sticky them somewhere...

At this point I think we can safely assume that Ardanis return to work on Store Revision is pretty much unlikely. Can some BGT player/modder with good BG1 experience help you with extending the Store Revision component? kreso would be ideal but I know he's just announced his life's changed a bit and his free modding time is severely crippled. Myself, I'd help out any way I can but unfortunately I have hardly played BG2/ToB more than once to strike a good balance and come with sensible advises.

Archived