Custom NPC

Greenman019

A little quote editing ... so you will see what actually happened:

I don't think it makes any difference, but I'm coding for BG1 at the mo.

I hope you don't mean original BG 1, because that would make a huge difference, coding wise.

BG1 : EE.

Forget all I ever said here-

You stated BG1 all the time, no mentioning EE.

Really ?

Yep.

See now ?

Yes, the BG1EE is actually pretty much totally based on the BG2, and so the answer BG1 without the EE is badly misleading, as the BG1 came first, then BG2, then ToB and others, then 10 years after the BG1EE came out and then BG2EE and IWDEE, which all are part of the same tree of development..

Aka if it works in BG1, it is likely to work in IWDEE, but totally not the other way around.

I don't see anything from Roxanne in this thread that wouldn't work in BG:EE?

This lists the main differences between BG2 and the EEgames: How-to: Converting existing mods to the EE engine

Some part of the BG2/BGT-Weidu code is backwards compatible with BGEE (like Imp described in a post above). You were just lucky.

My point is this:

You start a brandnew NPC in a new generation game - do it on basis of appropriate coding and not by using old code from another game like I gave you. Such things can be done for existing mods to make them EE or EET compatible but should not be practice for a new mod in a new game. There is difference, you just have not stumbled across it yet.

I don't see anything from Roxanne in this thread that wouldn't work in BG:EE?

This lists the main differences between BG2 and the EEgames: How-to: Converting existing mods to the EE engine

Some part of the BG2/BGT-Weidu code is backwards compatible with BGEE (like Imp described in a post above). You were just lucky.

My point is this:

You start a brandnew NPC in a new generation game - do it on basis of appropriate coding and not by using old code from another game like I gave you. Such things can be done for existing mods to make them EE or EET compatible but should not be practice for a new mod in a new game. There is difference, you just have not stumbled across it yet.

No doubt. Pretty simple right now which probably helped. Just glad it works so you haven't wasted your time because of my mistake :)

Archived