Disable movies on game start

Roxanne

Another tweak to improve Graphics for EET spoi...

The thing is, that needs to be done manually, or the change won't take effect, as the old file stays and ... you might as well remove the file reference unless that leads to a CTD, which all the evidence presented doesn't happen. Yes, weidu mod can do that.

Another tweak to improve Graphics for EET spoi...

The thing is, that needs to be done manually, or the change won't take effect, as the old file stays and ... you might as well remove the file reference unless that leads to a CTD, which all the evidence presented doesn't happen. Yes, weidu mod can do that.

This was not intended for a mod - just a hint for private use.

Another tweak to improve Graphics for EET

Rename logo.wbm to alogo.wbm in NI and go directly to game selection menu without some beandog adverisement on each start

IIRC, Miloch made an unofficial mod "for modders" forever ago that did a similar thing for some of the vanilla games (probably BG2, maybe BG1). It basically removed all of the logo/intro movies so that modders (who were loading and quitting the game many times in the process of testing their mod) would be able to get to the actual game more quickly, and with less clicks. I can't seem to find anything about that now, tho. Anyone happen to be able to point me to it?

IIRC, Miloch made an unofficial mod "for modders" forever ago that did a similar thing for some of the vanilla games (probably BG2, maybe BG1). It basically removed all of the logo/intro movies so that modders (who were loading and quitting the game many times in the process of testing their mod) would be able to get to the actual game more quickly, and with less clicks. I can't seem to find anything about that now, tho. Anyone happen to be able to point me to it?

Probably this one. The download links don't seem to work anymore, but the posted TP2 code might still work.

These games also allow to set a configuration switch to disable movies completely, which is probably a better option for modders who know the movies inside out. Add

'Program Options',	'Disable Movies',	'1',
to the Baldur.ini in the Enhanced Editions, or

Disable Movies=1
in the original BG2 under "[Program Options]".

Probably this one. The download links don't seem to work anymore, but the posted TP2 code might still work.

That was it, thank you! And the posted TP2 worked fine on my ToSC install :) .

Archived