Feedback from v3 and suggestions

I just finished playing through the v3 version. I just wanted to give some -tremendous- thanks and kudos to all involved in developing this fine quest for the changes in v3 and for the overall mod. The new ending is terrific, as are the cute little item rewards you threw in (yeah, they're almost useless, but at least they're unique and don't leave you with the bitter aftertaste of just acquiring a bunch of cheap bracers and robes). Very well balanced. It is now an absolutely positively "must-install" for any game I play, cause it's so enjoyable every time (and I've already played it through 3 times) :) It's easily the best single-quest mod that I've played so far.

I hope you can tell from that just how awesome a job I think you guys did, so don't take what follows as griping. You could frankly leave it exactly as is and I'd -still- consider it a must-install and describe it as almost completely bug free. That said, I'm now going to add the most nit-picking, absurdly silly things that aren't quite perfect yet (cause if I were in your shoes I'd want to hear about 'em).

1) Getting the one drink in the promenade (again, not the java house but the other one), the one with the rogue and his halfling girlfriend, she says during the reconciliation that she's got a "mop of black hair" just like her brother, but the hair on the halfling girl's avatar is quite red. (Hey, I -said- these were going to be really picky details).

2) During the initial conversation with Mrs. GTU, she still says that she's offering the reward of the rogue stone and 1000 gold "in advance" even though you don't get them now till after you kill the Gibbering 12 (again, exceedingly picky). It could easily be explained by saying that she was interrupted by the G12 before she got a chance to give them to you, except that she -does- have the time to give you the initial 800 gold reward. Also, at the very end, she says "here's something my husband owned" which got -me- all excited that I was going to get something beyond what she'd already promised, but nope, just got the rogue stone and gold I'd already been promised. Again, exceedingly picky - nothing really wrong with that much beyond being a bit of a tease, that's all.

3) Probably the most "serious" of the lot - remember how Mrs. GTU and the G3 were just standing around south of the slums after the quest was completed? Well, they're not there anymore (good work) but now Drini is. When you talk to him he says a bit of his previous text ("Ooooh, pretty colors." and "I present to you the Gibberlings Three!"). I don't even mind it, heh, I just explain it away as him still being really drunk and reliving his experiences :)

Aside from those, I can't find even the most meaningless bugs or meaningless details wrong. Again, like I said, you could leave all these as is and I'd still consider the mod 99% bug free. If you -did- take care of them, I personally would say you're entitled to attaching the labels "perfect" and "100% bug free" to this mod cause I can't find a single other minimal detail wrong with it. Excellent work, and thanks for a great mod that truly enriches the fun and enjoyment of playing the game. :) *cheers*

Qwinn

Oh, P.S., I noticed you gave me an acknowledgment in the readme notes :) Thanks, that was nice of you! If you think I'm a good tester and would like me to do the same for any other mods you guys are in the process of developing, just ask. I'm already beta testing the newest version of the Quest Pack. Best bet is to send me a PM on the Gamebanshee forums, I'm "Qwinn" there as well, and we can exchange emails or something.

Qwinn

Ack! Found one more tiny detail. The journal entry "Drink'll be the death of me" (it's the journal entry that tells you to go to Sir Suleci after you've gotten the poisoned wine from the ranger) remained "open" for me even after I finished the quest. All other journal entries related to the quest closed properly. I'm pretty sure that I did talk to Suleci after getting the wine, so I don't think it's a matter of skipping a step (although I'd suggest that it should be marked as "done" even if you did skip the step of seeing Suleci and went straight to the guy in the Government district).

Qwinn

Oh, P.S., I noticed you gave me an acknowledgment in the readme notes :)  Thanks, that was nice of you!  If you think I'm a good tester and would like me to do the same for any other mods you guys are in the process of developing, just ask.  I'm already beta testing the newest version of the Quest Pack.  Best bet is to send me a PM on the Gamebanshee forums, I'm "Qwinn" there as well, and we can exchange emails or something.

I'd definitely recommend Qwinn as a very good tester, for anyone who's after some thorough beta-testing.

Thanks for your kind words again Qwinn. ;) There's nothing I love more than good feedback as there is always something that can be improved.

1)  Getting the one drink in the promenade (again, not the java house but the other one), the one with the rogue and his halfling girlfriend, she says during the reconciliation that she's got a "mop of black hair" just like her brother, but the hair on the halfling girl's avatar is quite red.  (Hey, I -said- these were going to be really picky details).

Got it, will fix.

2)  During the initial conversation with Mrs. GTU, she still says that she's offering the reward of the rogue stone and 1000 gold "in advance" even though you don't get them now till after you kill the Gibbering 12 (again, exceedingly picky).  It could easily be explained by saying that she was interrupted by the G12 before she got a chance to give them to you, except that she -does- have the time to give you the initial 800 gold reward.  Also, at the very end, she says "here's something my husband owned" which got -me- all excited that I was going to get something beyond what she'd already promised, but nope, just got the rogue stone and gold I'd already been promised.  Again, exceedingly picky - nothing really wrong with that much beyond being a bit of a tease, that's all.

Yeah, that's inconsistent. Will address.

3)  Probably the most "serious" of the lot - remember how Mrs. GTU and the G3 were just standing around south of the slums after the quest was completed?  Well, they're not there anymore (good work) but now Drini is.  When you talk to him he says a bit of his previous text ("Ooooh, pretty colors." and "I present to you the Gibberlings Three!").  I don't even mind it, heh, I just explain it away as him still being really drunk and reliving his experiences ;)

Hmm. Drini was present at the finale but not removed from the Slums? I'll need to look into it again.

Ack!  Found one more tiny detail.  The journal entry "Drink'll be the death of me" (it's the journal entry that tells you to go to Sir Suleci after you've gotten the poisoned wine from the ranger) remained "open" for me even after I finished the quest.  All other journal entries related to the quest closed properly.  I'm pretty sure that I did talk to Suleci after getting the wine, so I don't think it's a matter of skipping a step (although I'd suggest that it should be marked as "done" even if you did skip the step of seeing Suleci and went straight to the guy in the Government district).

Another oversight, will fix.

Oh, P.S., I noticed you gave me an acknowledgment in the readme notes ???  Thanks, that was nice of you!  If you think I'm a good tester and would like me to do the same for any other mods you guys are in the process of developing, just ask.  I'm already beta testing the newest version of the Quest Pack.  Best bet is to send me a PM on the Gamebanshee forums, I'm "Qwinn" there as well, and we can exchange emails or something.

Credit where credit is due--good testers and good feedback are worth more than their weight in gold. Sim knows this too. ;)

Archived