Removing certain cleric restrictions in icewind dale complete

emilin_rose

So i'm wanting to remove a few of the restrictions that i think make no sense. For one is that an evil cleric can't raise dead, that is dumb.

The other is that i can't give her a dagger. Anyone can poke someone with a kitchen knife, really.

i can't find any mods that do it, so i'm probably going to have to do it myself.

Assuming.. that you didn't even go look at the file.

So i'm wanting to remove a few of the restrictions that i think make no sense. For one is that an evil cleric can't raise dead, that is dumb.

I've never heard about this restriction. How do you plan to enable allowing raise dead for evil clerics?

For example by editing the sppr504.spl, removing the Evil flag from the .spl files offset 0x001e's second bit.
The daggers can be done the same way, by editing the .itm files, offset 0x001e's bit 7, and 0x001f's bits 0, 1, 2, 6 and 7 (for multi&dual-classes).

I've never heard about this restriction. How do you plan to enable allowing raise dead for evil clerics?

For example by editing the sppr504.spl, removing the Evil flag from the .spl files offset 0x001e's second bit.

The daggers can be done the same way, by editing the .itm files, offset 0x001e's bit 7, and 0x001f's bits 0, 1, 2, 6 and 7 (for multi&dual-classes).

Okay i have it open in HxD, i can't figure out what one its supposed to be. it looks like that specific bits come up as 02. what do i need to change it to?

figured it out, now if only i could find a character editor to fix her proficiencies. Dalekeeper doesn't work. tried the Character Control one, didn't work.

CC gives this error Run-time error '339':

Component 'SYSINFO.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

and dalekeeper gives this one :

Seek failed on an unnamed file

(i'd also like to be able to give her points in dagger proficiency later, but that is not for now.)

Since you stated this is for Icewind Dale Complete, not EE, there's a component in Dale Tweaks: Loosen Item Restrictions for Multi- and Dual-Class Clerics and Druids. This applies to all armor and weapons in the game.

If you have a straight cleric, then you'll have to use Near Infinity to change things (class restrictions on weapons, alignment restrictions on spells, weapon restrictions on class). Putter around in the program and check out various weapon and spell files before changing anything to get an idea of what Jarno was talking about. And a couple of the .2da files that control weapon proficiencies.

Before Cam added the Loosen Item Restrictions component, I tried it myself. Learned a lot, but with a lot of frustration. That's why I generally run dual and multi class clerics.

S... That's why I generally run dual and multi class clerics.

Is it that ? -or the fact that making human fighters dualed to a druids, clerics, thief or mage just give you a whole lots of more benefits without loosing a thing .. yeah, well the ~4000xp isn't a lot, compared to the advantages you get. As it's not only clerics.

The .2da file you are talking about is the weapprof.2da ..

I'll give IESE a try. i already installed the tweaks pack, i didn't realize it affected straight clerics. I made a cleric because it fit the character.

i tried iese and have a small problem with THAT as well.

File 'C:\GOG Games\Icewind Dale Complete\data\ITMfile.bif' has invalid size
Size required:473462
Real size:473366

Would you want to try to extract it from the CD-ROM ?

Warning : Extract it only if you are sure you need the
original bif file ; some mods should have modified bif files
and then modified bif files sizes !!!.

Then it won't let me have any 'open' options, just the exit one.

I turned off the "file size check", and it let me open it, so hoping for the best.

@jarno i looked in the folder but there is nothing called "weapprof.2da"

Okay i found one that sets it so that clerics can use daggers, and i found you can poke around in save game files with infinity, but i can't figure out how to edit a character's proficiencies with it. Any advice?

I messed up. i hit ctrl s in near infinity to save, but it didn't, it told me to make sure i had a backup tlk file. i of course went right back but i think it ruined the file anyway because now IWD says this

---------------------------
Icewind Dale - Heart of Winter
An Assertion failed in CBaldurChitin.cpp at line number 1176
Programmer says: No tlk file
OK

how can i fix this? i THINK i have it, by opening the dialog editor again and then closing it properly. here's hoping.

It did it again even without messing with it, but my biggest problem, is that it keeps re-applying the "cleric" unusable tag.

I've fixed it in the clasweap 2da and it unfixed that too. weird.

Yeah, i didn't notice "icewind dale" in the title.

i still can't figure out how to allow me to put proficiency in a skill. or to increase the limit for how much proficiency someone has. My ranger has a limit of 2 into bows and its kinda dumb.

Open the games files with Near Infinity, and go to the 2DA folder and open the prof.2da, profmax.2da and weapprof.2da -files.

By the way, it's not actually stupid that you can only place 2 points to the proficiencies. This is a class bonus... that fact that you can place 2. Yes, and the fact that only Fighter class can place 5, is it's bonus, The only real bonus it has over all the Ranger bonuses, like Racial enemy, Stealth, spell casting ability ... and they are actually very confounded to the one weapon type, if they want to use the "bonus" as a class feature, unlike Rangers that have multiple weapon types they can master. And the bonuses from the higher profs, is not really that big of a deal either.

Archived