Clean and New EET/BWS Installation

Thanks Roxanne for directing me here. I encountered a issue that I cannot able to launch the game after the installation (both by desktop shortcut and BGEE.exe but taskmanager running) and I run the bat from K4thos posted in previous page. And get the error message below, any clue from this message?

D:\Game\BGII\EET\BGEET\BG2EE>Baldur.exe
INFO: status: 0
INFO: Creating DPWrapper
INFO: scanning:(0) D:/Game/BGII/EET/BGEET/BG2EE/override
INFO: scanning:(1) D:/Game/BGII/EET/BGEET/BG2EE/scripts
INFO: scanning:(2) D:/Game/BGII/EET/BGEET/BG2EE/sounds
INFO: scanning:(3) D:/Game/BGII/EET/BGEET/BG2EE/lang/en_US/sounds
INFO: scanning:(4) D:/Game/BGII/EET/BGEET/BG2EE/portraits
INFO: scanning:(5) D:/Game/BGII/EET/BGEET/BG2EE/characters
INFO: scanning:(6) D:/Game/BGII/EET/BGEET/BG2EE/movies
INFO: scanning:(7) D:/Game/BGII/EET/BGEET/BG2EE/lang/en_US/movies
INFO: scanning:(8) C:/Users/user/Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition Tril
ogy/override
INFO: scanning:(9) C:/Users/user/Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition Tril
ogy/scripts
INFO: scanning:(10) C:/Users/user/Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition Tri
logy/sounds
INFO: scanning:(11) C:/Users/user/Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition Tri
logy/portraits
INFO: scanning:(12) C:/Users/user/Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition Tri
logy/characters
INFO: scanning:(13) C:/Users/user/Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition Tri
logy/movies
INFO: scanning:(0) D:/Game/BGII/EET/BGEET/BG2EE/override
INFO: scanning:(1) D:/Game/BGII/EET/BGEET/BG2EE/scripts
INFO: scanning:(2) D:/Game/BGII/EET/BGEET/BG2EE/sounds
INFO: scanning:(3) D:/Game/BGII/EET/BGEET/BG2EE/lang/en_US/sounds
INFO: scanning:(4) D:/Game/BGII/EET/BGEET/BG2EE/portraits
INFO: scanning:(5) D:/Game/BGII/EET/BGEET/BG2EE/characters
INFO: scanning:(6) D:/Game/BGII/EET/BGEET/BG2EE/movies
INFO: scanning:(7) D:/Game/BGII/EET/BGEET/BG2EE/lang/en_US/movies
INFO: scanning:(8) C:/Users/user/Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition Tril
ogy/override
INFO: scanning:(9) C:/Users/user/Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition Tril
ogy/scripts
INFO: scanning:(10) C:/Users/user/Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition Tri
logy/sounds
INFO: scanning:(11) C:/Users/user/Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition Tri
logy/portraits
INFO: scanning:(12) C:/Users/user/Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition Tri
logy/characters
INFO: scanning:(13) C:/Users/user/Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition Tri
logy/movies
INFO: Error loading menu: [string "function onopen068648A0 () ..."]:6: 'then' ex
pected near ')'
INFO: LUA: Initializing Quests

yes, the engine crashed during journal quests initialization which means one of the mods you have installed is not really compatible with EE engine (most likely uses ANSI encoding). Finding which mod did it won't be easy. Make a backup copy of your whole game directory, open weidu.log and start uninstalling mods one by one, starting from the end of the list, checking each time if the game will start. As soon as the game stops crashing you will know which mod caused it. Then you should report it to mod author.

yes, the engine crashed during journal quests initialization which means one of the mods you have installed is not really compatible with EE engine (most likely uses ANSI encoding). Finding which mod did it won't be easy. Make a backup copy of your whole game directory, open weidu.log and start uninstalling mods one by one, starting from the end of the list, checking each time if the game will start. As soon as the game stops crashing you will know which mod caused it. Then you should report it to mod author.

Thanks for your advice. But I use BWS to install my whole EET, what should I deal with the "EET end" mod? Same as normal mod?

yes, the engine crashed during journal quests initialization which means one of the mods you have installed is not really compatible with EE engine (most likely uses ANSI encoding). Finding which mod did it won't be easy.

If you can open the dialog.tlk file with notepad++ (the file can be very big), you can see those broken ANSI caracter (they look black in UTF8 encoding).

with the sentence containing them you can find the mod that's the culprid, and you can edit this file with the correct, no crashing caracter

Archived