Is it possible...

Belanos

Is it not possible to only have the spawn point trigger once? Or maybe set the frequency so high that it's unlikely that you'll get the same quest twice. With maybe half a dozen mini quests at a high frequency, it would take quite some time before you had a repeat.

Write half-a-dozen of kick-ass quests begining to end then we can talk again :)

You're the modder, I'm just tossing some ideas around. :)

One thing I thought of, for some comic relief, toss in that routine from Monty Python's Holy Grail where that old guy is asking three questions in order for the party to cross a bridge. But instead of European swallows etc. have something like Tethyr swallows.

I think it's easier to have the creature giving the quest appear by script. Scripts are easier to patch into the game; and with a spawn point, afaik you have almost no control over which creature appears. On the other hand, I can't really think of an advantage of using a spawn point.

Heh, but writing the quests is certainly the major obstacle. :)

I think it's easier to have the creature giving the quest appear by script. Scripts are easier to patch into the game; and with a spawn point, afaik you have almost no control over which creature appears. On the other hand, I can't really think of an advantage of using a spawn point.

Heh, but writing the quests is certainly the major obstacle. :)

The thing is, if you use a script, once you've played the game through you know exactly how it's going to go. The next time you play, you'll have the exact same quest that you've already figured out. But by using a spawn point, with a number of quest characters that can appear, you might play the game a number of times and get something different to do each time.

Archived