IR Revised V1.3.800 (2022 January 11th)

7 hours ago, Graion Dilach said:

What about Arkushule (ARKUSH.cre), the palm reader at the lighthouse? She's wearing a red Robe of Cold Resistance currently which even makes her associated with the Red Wizards by color (which I doubt she is).

Have to think she's red because of her own set major/minor colors, not because of her robes, since it's not like Robe of Cold Resistance is red. Anyways, it's not a bad idea, but...one criteria I had for identifying characters to place the Robe of Acid Resistance one was that it should not replace the first likely instance of those robes that you can obtain in the game (e.g. the slimes mage dude originally has Knave's Robe, I made sure that the Knave's Robe could be findable before that...which they were); in this case, Arkushule is pretty likely to be the first mage you'll run into with the Robe of Cold Resistance.

On 8/1/2021 at 7:09 PM, Bartimaeus said:

If it's not mentioned in the effect, it should be +0, and it is in this case. Rightfully so for such a powerful effect you can get so early.

In my opinion, if the defining property of a weapon is underused (and if it is triggered as rarely as critical hits or worse I would say it is) then I'd say the implementation is not very successful. 

Even if Azuredge is obtained early in the game, its original save modifier was -4. I agree that is too much but a nerf of 4 points seems a bit too harsh. -2 or possibly even  -1 would be preferable.

The effect is indeed powerful but if the chances of triggering it are very low then who would choose a weapon that has no THAC0 bonus even for fighting Undead when there are other weapons that make landing a successful hit substantially more likely?

I guess the Mace of Disruption has had the same treatment when it comes to that? But in this case, there is a +2 THAC0 bonus that statistically should help hitting more often thus giving more chances to score a vorpal hit.

Edited by Salk

It's not very low - it's just very low against liches, which...well, I think makes sense. It has the Undead Bane property as well, which is +3 THAC0 and +5 damage vs. undead. But rather than deal with the theoretical, let's actually test the effect. I'll remove all damage output from Azuredge +3 and make it automatically hit, and let's see how the Disruption effect works with its current +0 saving throw.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/zhzdcakrreij2tb/p0pwFUQgf8.mp4

Trash undead, right? Let's try against some skeleton warriors and greater ghouls.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/044ffdjpcv6r6i2/yElLwzd26V.mp4

A group of vampires?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ary07uwdllixo5f/HpmTEdIGBZ.mp4

...An elemental lich?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/74b691kn0wcwg5w/Q8ZJOoyBpc.mp4

Really don't feel like it's at all weak against the majority of undead you'll be facing in Baldur's Gate outside of the very top enemies like liches...and even then, the last one demonstrates that it's still possible, just unlikely.

I appreciate the effort of demonstrating how effective the weapon is against undead, Bartimaeus.

Thanks for that.

I made the mistake of assuming that Azuredge had no THAC0 bonus like in the original version but I see IR(R) made it much more powerful so I take everything I said back.

Edited by Salk

Where exactly *is* Azurewrath anyway in this mod? I don't think I ever found it. The old one was with the priest shop at de'Arnise Keep I think, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

Azuredge is still sold at the Copper Coronet with IR/R as far as I know - unless you use Store Revisions, in which case it's moved to...The Order of the Radiant Heart's store? ...That seems a little silly, but I did make it so that all non-evil parties can access that store so long as their reputation is high enough, so it's not as annoying to access as it is in regular IR at least.

Wait, the Radiant Heart has a shop? I've been playing this for 20 years I've never seen a shop there. Is it exclusive to obtaining the Paladin stronghold?

I am playing with Shop Revisions, yes.

3 hours ago, Guest Sadame said:

Wait, the Radiant Heart has a shop? I've been playing this for 20 years I've never seen a shop there. Is it exclusive to obtaining the Paladin stronghold?

I am playing with Shop Revisions, yes.

It's an...oddball addition made by IR's Shop Revisions, actually. In regular IR, it is limited to, IIRC, members of the Paladin stronghold, good reputation paladins, and 19-20 reputation good-aligned non-paladins. In IRR, it's the same, except I also allow 19-20 reputation neutral-aligned non-paladins.

IRR-Feedback for my BG1EE 2.6 run with SCS 33.7 & IRR V1.3.500 & SRR V1.3.500

• There is no Ankheg Plate in the hidden stash of Nashkel. The gem is still there, and an empty item-slot left of it. Is this intended?
  • Ring of Sorcery (doubles level 1-spellslots): There are two of them, one in the hidden stash outside the friendly arm inn (BGRING08). The other one is dropped by Sunin, a wizard in the city (RING08). My suggestion: Make RING08 a Ring of Wizardry with +1 spellslot for level 1-4 (like in vanilla IR). Leave BGRING08 as it is, it's a very satisfying item for the super-early stages of BG1.
  • For Baals sake, please change the icons for Perdues short sword, Kylees dagger and Nestors dagger into something non-standard. Nothing flashy, just a subtile coloring indicating they are items of interest.
  • Dagger Heart of the Golem: There are two of them: One in the south-eastern region, one on Marek in BG. Don't know if it's a problem in the case tbh.
  • I could not find the Short Sword +2. In vanilla IR, it is dropped by one of the Hobgolbins west of Beregost.
  • Please add a Spear +1 and a Two-Handed Sword +1 to the smith in Beregost (after the mine is cleared).
  • Short Sword of Backstabbing should give his +1 mutiplier also to Stalkers.
  • Using Wands does not break invisibilty. This is hugely exploitable.
1 hour ago, Lianos said:

There is no Ankheg Plate in the hidden stash of Nashkel. The gem is still there, and an empty item-slot left of it. Is this intended?

It is not: supposed to be there. I do extremely limited testing with only BG1:EE; I'll find time to check it (and the rest of these) out.

1 hour ago, Lianos said:

Ring of Sorcery (doubles level 1-spellslots): There are two of them, one in the hidden stash outside the friendly arm inn (BGRING08). The other one is dropped by Sunin, a wizard in the city (RING08). My suggestion: Make RING08 a Ring of Wizardry with +1 spellslot for level 1-4 (like in vanilla IR). Leave BGRING08 as it is, it's a very satisfying item for the super-early stages of BG1.

Sunin is supposed to have a Ring of Wizardry (RING08), which does exactly what you suggested it do: "Spell Memorization: arcane spellcasters can memorize one extra spell of each level from 1st to 4th". Are you saying that's not the case?

1 hour ago, Lianos said:

Dagger Heart of the Golem: There are two of them: One in the south-eastern region, one on Marek in BG. Don't know if it's a problem in the case tbh.

I actually strip Marek of his and replace it with a standard Dagger +2. Perhaps there's another copy of his .cre file I'm not aware of...

1 hour ago, Lianos said:

I could not find the Short Sword +2. In vanilla IR, it is dropped by one of the Hobgolbins west of Beregost.

Yeah, I give that one named hobgoblin The Whistling Sword.

1 hour ago, Lianos said:

Short Sword of Backstabbing should give his +1 mutiplier also to Stalkers.

Kind of forgot Stalkers exist - suppose you're right!

1 hour ago, Lianos said:

Using Wands does not break invisibilty. This is hugely exploitable.

Wait, really? Interesting. Not sure if that's anything I can change, though.

Thanks for the report, I'll have to check these out.

2 hours ago, Lianos said:

Location is better, but accessibility is bad. I assume the majority of players will never see the shop.

I asked the paladin chief for his wares once and he refused - I never came back because I did not know about the reputation check.

Hmm...perhaps I should make the dialogue indicate better what the requirements might be.

5 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

FWIW it makes a lot more sense for an undead-smiting weapon to be in the care of a sect of holy warriors, than in that of a bartender in a grimy tavern that is the center of the Athkatlan child-slave trade. 

Agreed - more what is odd to me is the fact that Store Revisions adds a brand new store at all. Feels slightly outside of scope, but I've more or less accepted it at this point.

Edited by Bartimaeus
2 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

Wands just cast spells, right? So you should be able to tick the "breaks invisibility" flag in the associated spell.

I feel like they should already break invisibility is the thing...I'll have to mess around with it to figure out the issue, I guess.

Okay, so I cast Invisibility on myself, and then tried about five different wands. All of them broke invisibility. Which ones did you specifically find issue with, @Lianos?

42 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Which ones did you specifically find issue with, @Lianos?

Wand of Fire (WAND05), Frost (WAND06), Magic Missiles (WAND03), Paralyzation (WAND04)

Invisibilty spell, potion and stealth was tested, always the same behavoir. Casting a Fireball from scroll breaks invisibility like expected.
I don't even know if it's an IRR specific thing.

1 hour ago, Bartimaeus said:

Yeah, I give that one named hobgoblin The Whistling Sword.

It's not there in my installation.

1 hour ago, Bartimaeus said:

Sunin is supposed to have a Ring of Wizardry (RING08), which does exactly what you suggested it do: "Spell Memorization: arcane spellcasters can memorize one extra spell of each level from 1st to 4th". Are you saying that's not the case?

Exactly. The description is also in German (the language I play in) - so perhaps the installation went wrong. Or SCS made some ninja moves again.

BG1EE Patch is 2.6.6 with SoD via GoG

WeiDU.log