Four Weapon Slots component doesn't work on IWD:EE

Another bug regarding "Friendly Random Drops -> Exchange With Merchants: v5":

When the only tradable item the party possesses is the Girdle of Beatification, the merchant doesn't recognize the item and says that we have nothing to trade. This bug seems unique to the girdle (BELTBEA.itm) - he detected, individually, the phase dagger and stoutward when they were the only items in the party's inventory. The item listing text is doubled regardless of how many items he detects, fyi. I don't think that bug is dependent the combination of items held by the party.

edit: looking at CDRNDM1.DLG in NI, going from State 3 -> Response 768 -> State 0, where I believe items the party possesses are listed, responses 192 - 382 are duplicates of 1 - 191. Both ranges are bookended by items "quost" and "ringelf". Not sure what's up with the girdle not being detected.

Edited by agris

It looks like, at some point, the column headers of the 2da file were shifted to the left by one column, which results in Mage using the DESC_REF string ref for proficiency values, and all other classes using the class-to-the-left's values. This error occurs on change-log step 00003, if I'm reading this correctly (going from WEAPPROF.00002 -> 00003), which means tweaks component 2163 "Alter weapon proficiency system IWD-Style Proficiencies with Weapon Styles v5" is the culprit.

I believe I've fixed my game's proficiency problem by shifting the column header. Now to fix the weapon slots available!

But... whether the column is "shifted" or not makes no difference in a .2da file. All that matter is the number of columns. Moving the header row to line up with the columns should make zero difference in how the file is interpreted or in the resulting in-game behavior.

What am I missing here?

It looks like, at some point, the column headers of the 2da file were shifted to the left by one column, which results in Mage using the DESC_REF string ref for proficiency values, and all other classes using the class-to-the-left's values. This error occurs on change-log step 00003, if I'm reading this correctly (going from WEAPPROF.00002 -> 00003), which means tweaks component 2163 "Alter weapon proficiency system IWD-Style Proficiencies with Weapon Styles v5" is the culprit.

I believe I've fixed my game's proficiency problem by shifting the column header. Now to fix the weapon slots available!

But... whether the column is "shifted" or not makes no difference in a .2da file. All that matter is the number of columns. Moving the header row to line up with the columns should make zero difference in how the file is interpreted or in the resulting in-game behavior.

What am I missing here?

I attributed that column shift to the strange behavior of pips being wiped / over-awarded on level up. I could very well be wrong, but I shifted the column header and did not experience the bug when I loaded a game prior to it.

The glowing shields component doesn't work in IWD:EE, at least for Stoutward +1.

This is incorrect, the component works correctly. I don't know why I didn't see it before, sorry.

[...] the mod component

CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3242 // Friendly Random Drops -> Exchange With Merchants: v5
Installs, but the merchant text is doubled. See the following.

ALLsCSv.png

This bug is perplexing, some items don't result in the doubled text.

Re: doubled text - is it possible you have two items which can both be traded for Stoutward/Quiet Boots/Girdle of Beatification? Some items are in multiple random lists or appear multiple times.

That snippet of doubled items is the list of what my party is carrying. The way the mod logic works is similar to Cromwell: NPC checks your inventory, lists the items that you have that can be traded (this is where the doubled items bug appears), and if you select one of the listed items then the NPC tells you what it can be exhanged for.

Edited by agris

I suspect what's going on for the random drops is that you've perhaps copied this from another install? I'm otherwise unable to repro it.

These components build those dialogues in place in the mod folder itself. Normally this is harmless, because WeiDU is perfectly happy rolling back changes inside the mod folder as well as changes to the game. However, if you were to copy and/or move the mod folder while this component was installed, then the changes from the previous run--e.g. the dialogue with all those replies--would be the starting point for the next install.

I suspect what's going on for the random drops is that you've perhaps copied this from another install? I'm otherwise unable to repro it.

These components build those dialogues in place in the mod folder itself. Normally this is harmless, because WeiDU is perfectly happy rolling back changes inside the mod folder as well as changes to the game. However, if you were to copy and/or move the mod folder while this component was installed, then the changes from the previous run--e.g. the dialogue with all those replies--would be the starting point for the next install.

I think you've nailed it. At the start of my run, I was shuffling my saves between multiple computers and I the mod environments weren't clean copies. I sorted it out, but the damage was done (to my dialogue.tlk) with the double strings.

Although I don't think this is the cause of the problems with the potion bags that I posted earlier.

edit: just to be clear, the tpa code I posted for that message only contained fixes to the .STOs. I don't know how to fix the code giving them unique icons (you thanked me for supplying this fix in the v6 release note).

Edited by agris

Also, should the rebalanced proficiency component modify the proficiency used in the item description for mod added items? Some of the RR equipment text states that the items use proficiencies that don't exist in my game, such as short bows for the Small Composite Bow +1.

Sorry, I missed this previously.

I've revamped the proficiency text matching algorithm to be a little greedier. It was looking to very strictly replace strings--in this case it failed because it was trying to match "Shortbow" or "Longbow" sans space. I've made it a little less picky so pretty much any line in the description stat starts with 'Proficiency Type:' (with appropriate regexp guards) on a patched item gets updated.

Another bug:

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #181 // Unique Containers -> Unique icons only: v5
Does not give potion bags their unique icons in IWD:EE. They're all the drab tan IWD icon, not the (recolored) BG2 style. Checking in NI, potion cases do all have unique icons.

This is fixed. It's basically a typo in the setup array; it was looking for POTNBG01-10 instead of PTNBG01-10 (no "o").